Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Portsmouth | Tues 2nd Feb 2021: 7pm.

Comments

• Leuth said:
    This formation depends entirely on Maatsen and Matthews playing effectively as wingers. They'll be our key men 
    They will both have their hands full with (Ryan) Williams and Jacobs. Hopefully Matthews will thrive against a better quality winger where there'll be more focus on his defensive work rather than how quickly he can get forward. Big night for Maatsen.
  • saving our best 11 for Rochdale ...
  • No Millar is a bit odd. Will be watching Schwartz with interest, as I've not been convinced so far.

COYR!!
  • Ha ha ha ha ha.

Just got rid of the 2 "bench warmers" so Bowyer now has to find 2 other mugs to take their places. Step up Millar & Aneke.

And some people were wetting their pants this morning think about a starting line up with MIllar AND DJ.....

And Smith  has started virtually all Swindon's games.......but not here sonny  !!!
    Look on the bright side at least you won’t be able to wind yourself up watching it 😏
  • Team is good enough to win, don't blame Bowyer for putting Millar on the bench
    Why? Who else do we blame?

Unless he is not fully fit, dropping Millar after the performance he put in at MK Dons is baffling.
  • Ha ha ha ha ha.

Just got rid of the 2 "bench warmers" so Bowyer now has to find 2 other mugs to take their places. Step up Millar & Aneke.

And some people were wetting their pants this morning think about a starting line up with MIllar AND DJ.....

And Smith  has started virtually all Swindon's games.......but not here sonny  !!!
    That's the brilliant thing about having options! I suppose some Charlton fans forgot that having a proper squad was an actual football strategy after the years of negligence under previous regimes.

The only selection that has me scratching my head a bit is no Millar but I'm sure there's a reason for it - he's played week in week out and maybe Bowyer thinks he'll do some damage off the bench tonight.
  • Leuth said:
    This formation depends entirely on Maatsen and Matthews playing effectively as wingers. They'll be our key men 
    They will both have their hands full with (Ryan) Williams and Jacobs. Hopefully Matthews will thrive against a better quality winger where there'll be more focus on his defensive work rather than how quickly he can get forward. Big night for Maatsen.
    Well if they'll have their hands full defensively it makes playing wingers of our own (Millar and I guess Morgan) even more important. I fear for our attacking prospects given what you've said
  • Ha ha ha ha ha.

He can't play tonight, signed too late.
  • I must be mad, I've just backed us to win 3-0 at 40s... Fancy 3-0 Schwartz fgs too but can't find a scorecast market anywhere, anyone had any luck
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Well if they'll have their hands full defensively it makes playing wingers of our own (Millar and I guess Morgan) even more important. I fear for our attacking prospects given what you've said
    Yes I would've liked to see Millar too. Not sure what their right back is like going forward but I am concerned about the overload coming from Williams/Jacobs and Daniels down our right flank. Would've been nice to give it back down their right flank with Maatsen and Millar in combination.
  • I'm not going to slate the starting 11 as for be the management put what they think is the best team for the job. However it is weird this year as before I look at the starting lineup I look at the bench to see how we are going to play once the proper lot get on 🤭🤭🤭
  • Why no millar
    Attacks too much, hasn't had enough time to become Charltonized
  • Wonder how different this team is from the one that would have played on Saturday
  • No width no pace back to the diamond meh!
  • Charlie Daniels at the back for them means they have zero pace on the left back position.  A decent winger would rinse him
  • Millar on bench? What a joke
  • Wonder how different this team is from the one that would have played on Saturday
    I am thinking it's the team he prepared for Saturday. 

Millar not playing, when we haven't actually played for a week, and he can now bring a similar player in on Saturday if he needs a rest.

I can't think of another logical reason, if he has got a knock should he even be on the bench? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Very small smattering of 'where's Purrington?' in the Twitter replies to the official account. The Scapegoating of Maatsen is just beginning, and it is terrible to witness
  • Swisdom said:
    Charlie Daniels at the back for them means they have zero pace on the left back position.  A decent winger would rinse him
    Didnt realise he'd signed from Shrewsbury 
  • Couple of Pompey players to look out for:
    We need to be wary of Cannon. He has a very powerful shot.
    Surprised that Harness is only on the bench. He's a very steady player.
  • Hope the defence can keep marquis quiet.
  • “...And let’s have plenty of shots!!!”
  • Stockley and Schwartz up top 

Rubbing Hands Together GIFs  Tenor
    Will they get the service ? Will Schwartz be pushed out on the wing ?
  • Team is good enough to win, don't blame Bowyer for putting Millar on the bench
    Why? Who else do we blame?

Unless he is not fully fit, dropping Millar after the performance he put in at MK Dons is baffling.
    Bowyer is baffling.
  • Two forwards who rely on service and no natural width?!

Millar hasn't played for a week.

It makes NO sense.   MOTM last game and now dtopped.

FFS 
  • mendonca said:
    No Millar?
    Just a thought most of the first half players have 90 minutes in them, with no Washington available he might just use Millar as a striker partner with chuks.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!