Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Portsmouth | Tues 2nd Feb 2021: 7pm.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Interesting that we had to do a new deal with Norwich for Famewo, maybe we had to pay a higher percentage of his wages
  • Options
    Looking at the squad now it does seem balanced although I wasnt happy with Williams going but it seems  solid now
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Gallen works his socks off
    It was interesting hearing him talk about Smith's playing style

Im most curious to hear about the winger signing yesterday 
  • Options
    Love Gallen 
  • Options
    I missed that bit sadly....why did we have to do a new deal for Akin?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Been trying to sign DJ for three to four days

We did want a couple in yesterday so certainly doesnt sound like we opted for DJ once we knew we weren't getting Morris
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I missed that bit sadly....why did we have to do a new deal for Akin?
    He didnt elaborate... Just said we had to do a new deal so mentioned it was more like six signings rather than five
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    We wanted two wingers I reckon.

Curbs is funny! Transfers are easier these days with "old matey here doing it unlike my day."
  • Options
    Also been said we had someone travelling down who had to turn around and go home so guess that was Kirk
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Pompey will be going in hard, they desperately need to get back up the table .. midfield will be tough going, especially on a very wet pitch .. Millar's pace would be nullified in the wet, he might be a good player but slugging it out in midfield is probably not his forté .. Bowyer has picked a very competitive side with two big, mean strikers .. 2 - 0 to the Addicks
  • Options
    So who was the other player we wanted yesterday? 
  • Options
    Must have been Kirk... Cawley said we werent happy that it fell through 
  • Options
    Cristiano Ronaldo the way some were carrying on 
  • Options
    Gallen saying that Sandgaard is truly backing the Management team if they want a player, he just needs a reason to back them.

Gallen continues to stress that the Salary Cap is stopping that though... Took a picture of the players signed (on a board at the Valley) before leaving last night, sent it to TS who replied on Whatsapp saying: "Perfect"

We've a bit in the kitty for any free transfers who may be out there
  • Options
    Morgan back in the number 10 role where he started.

Big opportunity for him. Remember him dominating there against Sunderland at home in our promotion season when we had injuries and no one expected much from the game.
  • Options
    I’ve not bought the stream. 
    We have a chance....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We got promoted 2 years ago, while playing some of the best football we've played in the last decade, starting predominantly with a diamond in midfield... just saying.
  • Options
    Gallen was hungry for more. Well done club. If we don't get any silly/unlucky injuries, our squad won't show that we missed out on anybody.
  • Options
    Can't say I'm bothered missing out on Morris
  • Options
    We got promoted 2 years ago, while playing some of the best football we've played in the last decade, starting predominantly with a diamond in midfield... just saying.
    Yeah I dont get why the diamond is so hated - I know the players arent as good as that team but its not the worst formation 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    I’ve not bought the stream. 
    We have a chance....
    I hope to be thanking you for your sacrifice in a couple of hours or so.
  • Options
    Jesus that Portsmouth kit!! 
  • Options
    Interesting that Millar isn’t there. We’ve done well in the past against the teams around us sitting back a bit and being compact, so it looks like we’re going for that here. We were pretty comfortable against them last time but now with the added bonus of starting with better strikers and being able to bring some quality on. Fingers crossed for a win 
  • Options
    Good interview with Gallen as always.
    But is he still crap at signing players, or is he back to being brilliant again? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!