Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Portsmouth | Tues 2nd Feb 2021: 7pm.

Comments

• Options
    Bit surprised Millar isn't starting, thought we'd go diamond with Shinnie pulling right and Millar at the tip pulling left. If we are level at the hour mark bringing Millar and Aneke on is strong at least. 
  • Options
    Loving the banter on the stream about Robbo's penalty taking.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    wonderful to listen to this
  • Options
    Bit surprised Millar isn't starting, thought we'd go diamond with Shinnie pulling right and Millar at the tip pulling left. If we are level at the hour mark bringing Millar and Aneke on is strong at least. 
    It is strong, but does any other manager purposely bench his two most attacking threats, when they've had over a week off, so he can bring them on for 30 minutes? 
    No.  Only Bowyer....... 

He is the Frank Lampard of League 1!
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Lovely hearing Robbo's tribute to Curbs
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Williams was meant to start on Saturday 

Morgan comes in for him

Sounds like Millar gets a rest like Maatsen did at MK

Bowyer says we'll see if Schwartz can last ninety minutes

Isnt fussed if he has to put Millar up top in his place

Wouldnt have been fair to start Matt Smith
  • Options
    Millar might play up front. Looking forward to this game.

Faith in Bowyer.

Come on Charlton 
  • Options
    Washington out injured. Sounds like Bowyer is holding Millar and Aneke back in case Schwartz and Stockley can't do 90 minutes.
  • Options
    Like the way Lee said when asked about Smith tonight, saying that they have
    only had him two days, and need to see what he brings to them, kind of thought
    they may have done their homework before they got him in, but may come on 
    tonight
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its a very interesting managerial tactic from Bowyer. Whoever is MOTM must start the next game on the bench. He has been for some time now, but he’s way too obsessed about trying to save some legs/minutes in players. How about being obsessed about starting your best x11 like most? 
  • Options
    Curbs is a little surprised that Millar doesnt start... Although admits he doesnt know Portsmouth's approach, says if they are as physical as Bowyer says then the midfield makes sense
  • Options
    But why not start with Millar?! It seems like any flair player is purposely dropped after having a blinder. Baffling. I hope he knows what he’s doing. 
  • Options
    Looks to me like this was the side known to the players on Saturday to not overplay certain players off the back of the hard Tuesday game on a heavy pitch. So it’s then a question of do you tell those players they are then dropped again?

its clear though that Bowyer believes in this breaking a game down into two parts and it’s the 2nd part that largely determines the outcome of the game. 

• Options
    Curbs is a little surprised that Millar doesnt start... Although admits he doesnt know Portsmouth's approach, says if they are as physical as Bowyer says then the midfield makes sense
    Nearly as surprised as me. Makes no sense to be MOTM the last game, praised for your performance and then dropped to the bench
  • Options
    Looks to me like this was the side known to the players on Saturday to not overplay certain players off the back of the hard Tuesday game on a heavy pitch. So it’s then a question of do you tell those players they are then dropped again?

its clear though that Bowyer believes in this breaking a game down into two parts and it’s the 2nd part that largely determines the outcome of the game. 

Didn't he say Williams would have played Saturday?  Easy to pop Millar back in his place? 
  • Options

Be interesting to see stats about how many times the score changes from a negative to a positive position in the last 30 minutes.

I'm sure there's some database to find out. 
  • Options
    Bowyer likes to tinker doesn't he! COYR! 
  • Options
    I guess the thinking behind Millar on the bench is that starting just 1 winger causes unbalance. I’d imagine he will start Saturday with DJ the other side. Plus he loves a poxy diamond!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bloody hell that Smith makes me feel old. Looks about 14 
  • Options
    Millar jumped out of that tackle didn’t he.
  • Options
    Gallen said they they checked with Smith‘s parents and they okayed itTo play for us
  • Options
    I am pleased to read the comments, mostly not very happy with LB selection, normally most think we are putting out a good team, them we play terrible and lose, so hopefully LB will be proved right
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Gallen saying that the likes of Schwartz, Washington and Millar should benefit from having Matt Smith here playing that through ball for them to run on to
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Akins signed a new deal 
    Perm?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I am pleased to read the comments, mostly not very happy with LB selection, normally most think we are putting out a good team, them we play terrible and lose, so hopefully LB will be proved right
    I am baffled with Millar and Aneke not playing, but I don't think we have put out a weak side either. 

That midfield has all played well in recent games. My only really worry is 2 strikers who won't have had much game time together, and one of those being Ronnie who has looked very much off the pace. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!