Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster Caskey - waiting to hear if club will exercise 1 year option (p11)

Comments

• Options
    Paddy7 said:
    Regardless of who bodged the paperwork, it seems ridiculous that a team that really wanted the player is now without him whilst a team that clearly doesn't is stuck with him. Not a lot of fun for him either.
    The CEO should be carpeting whichever muppet ballsed this up, failing to get costs off the books and treating a player so shabbily...
    Oh wait...
    Who's supposed to be doing the CEO job..?
    Ah...

(I'd better start looking over my shoulder for the danish mafia)
  • Options
    Wonder where Jackson learnt the phrase ‘we worked tirelessly all day but just couldn’t get a deal over the line’ 
  • Options
    So more bollocks that got repeated often enough that it became fact then.

He’s suffered a couple of awful injuries. I understand he’s a fan favourite so it’s not welcomed to point out potential issues.

But like I said before, perhaps there’s a reason there was no League One interest when he was available during the summer window?
  • Options
    To be fair, did Jake really put in a performance against Colchester to merit his inclusion in the First Team?

Did anyone from that team...
    Taylor. 

But people still basing opinion on JFC on what he was like a couple of years ago, pre injury. Since then I haven’t see enough of him to know if he can reach that standard again. 
  • Options

He’s suffered a couple of awful injuries. I understand he’s a fan favourite so it’s not welcomed to point out potential issues.

But like I said before, perhaps there’s a reason there was no League One interest when he was available during the summer window?
    His argument will be that he was fit well before the end of last season, and wasn't given the chance to prove his fitness, both to us and other teams - Apparently too he's on a shite wage - Certainly doesnt sound like he's happy with the situation we've put him in, so wouldn't be surprised if he didnt have the full amount of commitment in training / pointless cup games as a result of those two things

Thought he looked average against Gillingham in the last round of the EFL Trophy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Southbank said:
    Scoham said:
    That makes Garner even dumber than I thought
    That's a very respectful understatement

Why mention the secretary's question if player payments aren't an issue?  Not so much 'no smoke without fire' than 'liar liar pants on fire'.

A quarter of the season gone and the bald bungler has no idea what his best 18 or 11 might be nor much idea when to shut the fuck up.  He's turning into a less cheerful Adkins.
  • Options
    To be fair, did Jake really put in a performance against Colchester to merit his inclusion in the First Team?

Did anyone from that team...
    No, but JFC still outplayed Payne and McGrandles, who both will likely be in the squad tomorrow
  • Options
    So Garner has clarified that it is nothing to do with appearances triggering a pay rise and says he picks the team purely on what he sees on the training ground and in matches. The obvious follow up question is "Are you then not seeing enough effort from JFC on the training ground or in the cup matches to warrant him being in the match day squad. 

I concede it is possible that the two ACL injuries may be catching up with JFC but as fans we are not seeing much evidence one way or another. On his day he was (is?) a good player and as said above, on Tuesday he was certainly better than Payne and McGrandles.
  • Options
    Garner is completely bonkers if he doesnt reintegrate JFC back into the team steadily. He is bound to be rusty so he needs progressive minutes to get back to his best. 
    He is possibly the only player at the club who could still play at Championship level.  
  • Options

Not sure I believe Garner, why specifically mention the conversation with the secretary? 

Your point about him having had injuries and not being the player he was would have more merit if we were doing well. I think it’s criminal he’s not had a chance if indeed it is for football reasons given our recent performances. Maybe this statement is to kick him a bit of a kick up the arse. 
  • Options

No league 1 club wanted him because we wanted a fee and he had played 1 game in 14 months.

By the time the window "slammed shut" he had played 3 games in 16 months and we either wanted a fee or a loan until January.

If he is 90% of the player he was in 20/21, after his first ACL, he would be amongst the 1st handful of names on the team sheet.

It maybe factually correct that his inclusion in the league team doesn’t trigger payments/pay rises etc. 

However it is his contract situation, that is the instigater for it.  JFC isn't totally innocent in all this but the outcome is the worst possible scenario for both parties and could have been easily avoided at about 5 different points.  Now both are stuck with the status quo until at least January.
  • Options
    There is absolutely no way a fit JFC is not able to get into this current side based on ability alone. Something else is going on and I don't necessarily blame Garner for not airing it publicly either. 
  • Options
    There is so much bollox comes out of the club these days I'm not even sure I believe that F-C's non-appearance at League level has nothing to do with money. 

All I can say is after all the rubbish we have had to put up with this year from our midfield maestros Morgan, McGrandles and Payne (and even Fraser has hardly been a shining light) I just don't see why F-C hasn't been given a chance.

And if we don't want to play him, just come to some mutual agreement to cancel his contract. We can save on wages and F-C can fix himself up with a contract somewhere else and get on with his football life. 
  • Options
    There is so much bollox comes out of the club these days I'm not even sure I believe that F-C's non-appearance at League level has nothing to do with money. 

All I can say is after all the rubbish we have had to put up with this year from our midfield maestros Morgan, McGrandles and Payne (and even Fraser has hardly been a shining light) I just don't see why F-C hasn't been given a chance.

And if we don't want to play him, just come to some mutual agreement to cancel his contract. We can save on wages and F-C can fix himself up with a contract somewhere else and get on with his football life. 
    Would have made sense before the window ended but not now (unless JFC fancies a stint in non league which seems unlikely). 
  • Options
    Shame there wasn't the obvious follow up question as to why he's not even getting on the bench.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Garner is completely bonkers if he doesnt reintegrate JFC back into the team steadily. He is bound to be rusty so he needs progressive minutes to get back to his best. 
    He is possibly the only player at the club who could still play at Championship level.  
    But you're basing that on what he was like before the serious injury. Aren't you?
    I'm assuming it must have affected him, or else surely his quality would shine during training.
    Perhaps I'm wrong.
    But wouldn't people like Pearce and Steve Gallen be bigging him up to Garner, if he's still the player he once was.
    If he is still the player he once was then sure, Garner is making a massive mistake.
    Even if he's only 75% of what he was I'd give him a go.
  • Options
    He can't do any worse than some of the other midfield incumbents. About time he was given sometime on the pitch in the league, even if it is from the bench. 
  • Options

Would have made sense before the window ended but not now (unless JFC fancies a stint in non league which seems unlikely). 
    Can a player who is a free agent not sign for a League club outside the transfer window?
  • Options

Can a player who is a free agent not sign for a League club outside the transfer window?
    Only if he was released whilst the Transfer Window was open

Jake could sign for a club now if he got released, but wouldnt be allowed to play for them until January
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Wasn't a fan of his but can't see him being any worse than Fraser. I'd play him at Lincoln. 
    Fraser been excellent this season … and scoring goals 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Wasn't a fan of his but can't see him being any worse than Fraser. I'd play him at Lincoln. 
    Fraser been excellent this season … and scoring goals 
    You think all our players have been excellent. So excellent that we at 16th and have won twice all season
  • Options
    Really? He’s played what, two, three league one games in the last two seasons and yet he could still play at Championship level. On what do you base that? In my opinion, he was never that good and League One is his level based on previous experiences but maybe not even that now. The club were stupid in the summer by holding out for a fee and are now reaping the financial consequences of that. Probably a decision made by the same person who paid a 300k fee for Aneke and gave him a three and a half year contract. His initials might be MS.
  • Options
    I’m baffled he’s not in the squad. Cannot get my head around it at all