Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster Caskey - waiting to hear if club will exercise 1 year option (p11)

Comments

• Options
    ridiculous situation JFC is the best midfielder we have and should be one of the first names on the team sheet if theres a problem it should be sorted by the manager,is that not what his paid for ,to manage players and get the best out of them for the team ? very poor how this has been managed so far by Garner
  • Options
    Is this situation another Martin Sandgaard cock-up? Martin says to Dad "Yes, extend his contract, my little black box says we will be able to make money selling him on", only for the reality to be that no-one wanted to take the risk on a player with a serious injury problem, apart from Wimbledon who didn't offer enough to cover MS's blushes. The club were holding out for a better deal and it never came, and MS is blaming JFC.
  • Options
    He should be given a go, in my view .  433 with Dobbo and one other 
  • Options
    The only purpose that JFC will have to Charlton is the intention to move him on in the transfer window to reduce the wage bill, I can also see that happening to CBT, DJ and McGillvary. Shame cos I like Forster Caskey as a player. 
  • Options
    Don't see how anyone can claim JFC is our best midfielder after watching the cup games this season. 

He isn't that good and is only being called for because he's not playing. 
    Agree.  We’re desperately searching for some sort of hope.  If it’s not him, it’s Aneke coming back.  One or two players still won’t make a difference, and I agree with you re: JFC’s ability.

The club was right to offer him a contract last season and help him rehabilitate, however, he didn’t really play any part in the run-in last season, so I was baffled as to why he was offered another deal.  

It would be best for both parties if he left in Jan.  He’s not going to add much to that team, he’d look equally as poor as the rest of them imo 
  • Options
    If he doesn’t want to play how comes he likes everyones comment who says he should be playing how he don’t even get on bench is a joke. Garners bullshit about players being in team on merit not financial reasons is crap mcgrandels can’t be in team on merit he must be paying garner to play him. 
  • Options
    Don't see how anyone can claim JFC is our best midfielder after watching the cup games this season. 

have you seen the others ????
  • Options

have you seen the others ????
    Did you watch him against Colchester?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’ll be interesting to see how low we’ll be allowed to go before whatever Sandgaard is making those decisions allows Garner (or the next guy) to give him a try…
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Bailey said:
    The only purpose that JFC will have to Charlton is the intention to move him on in the transfer window to reduce the wage bill, I can also see that happening to CBT, DJ and McGillvary. Shame cos I like Forster Caskey as a player. 
    CBT is the only Charlton player that is a threat. Without JRS (obviously not our player) & him we are the most boring team on the planet.

Garner needs to find a way to get the best out of him rather than move him on.
  • Options
    Not gonna say he's our best midfielder or anything like that but even if he can regain half his form from before his last injury he deserves to be on the bench.

There is no world where with the amount of chopping and changing we've done of both personnel and formation that he doesn't at least get a go unless something else is going on.... 
    JFC's omission from the squad on Saturday when park clogger McGrandles is involved speaks volumes as to how Jake's treatment ain't to do with football or performance.
    Add in our total lack of resource at left back and his continued banishment amounts to self harm.  JFC at left back ain't something to aspire to but at least he has demonstrated basic ability there.  After Sessegnon (out of position) we have no experience at all.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    People are reinventing reality in relation to JFC. He is ok, not the world beater people are making him out to be.

The assumption has to be that his contract includes payments for league appearances and that money is being used elsewhere in the playing budget.

McGrandles came with a bit of fanfare and people on here bigged him up. Likewise Payne. Neither have had a run in the team and its unfair to judge them on cameo performances.

The Lincoln fans reaction to McGrandles was interesting - roundly booed. That rarely happens if a fanbase weren't bothered about someone leaving. Hopefully he will come good.

Our main issue is the fact we are so open at the back and have too few options upfront.
  • Options
    Thoughts on his performance tonight?
  • Options
    Rusty
  • Options
    Cultured likely to be MOM from scores on the doors so far.
  • Options
    Probably deserves another chance or two in a cup game 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Either way a major screw up to end up with both JFC and McGrandles in the squad. 
  • Options
    On tonight’s showing JFC is streets ahead of McGrandles. 
    Not so sure.. JFC was our best player last night, not so sure he is miles ahead of McGrandles.. JFC has certainly lost a yard of pace. McGrandles I thought was equally as good last night, few sloppy passes as did JFC!, but also made some great pass, and should have had further assists. 

On a tight budget, it is strange to have both of them in the same squad..  
  • Options
    Based on last night he'd look like a good player if he was under 21 and still developing. 

Doesn't get into our first eleven in League one. 
  • Options
    I thought the positions and pockets of space he took up, and particularly his choice and range of passing were as crisp and classy as ever.

However I also thought he looked a little slow and cumbersome and times, and that he lost out on some battles for the ball I wouldn’t have expected him to.

Really hard to tell where he is at from these games. I assume he will play against Stevenage which will be a sterner test. 
  • Options
    ridiculous situation JFC is the best midfielder we have and should be one of the first names on the team sheet if theres a problem it should be sorted by the manager,is that not what his paid for ,to manage players and get the best out of them for the team ? very poor how this has been managed so far by Garner
    This is a crazy take. How is he better than Fraser and Dobson?

Who would you drop from our regular XI to make way for JFC?
    Well quiet. Look at the physicality and running that are needed by Dobson and Fraser in that 2 in midfield currently - I am just not sure he can match that. 
  • Options
    We may be overreacting to the JFC situation. I have not watched the first team games he has been involved with, but I do recall people on here stating that in those games he was 'off the pace' and this is the first time that he has shown a level of fitness and displayed the undoubted talent that we all know he has. We have an abundance of midfield players all of whom are match fit with even McGrandles over his unlucky injuries. This was a game against an under 21 side and everyone on here is pleased to see a footballer like JFC regain fitness and appetite, but I don't think he has displayed those qualities up to this point.