Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POLL: Are you watching Valley Pass or Not?

edited February 2021 in General Charlton
interested in how people are watching games and what sort of take up from Lifers the clubs £10 streams are currently getting.

Using the last 8 games as an example (Accrington H, Rochdale H, Bristol R A, Peterborough A, Swindon H, MKD A, Pompey H, Rochdale A). It’s an anonymous poll so please answer honestly, cheers all. 

(For Accrington, if you watched on Sky but would have bought otherwise, treat it as a buy) 

POLL: Are you watching Valley Pass or Not? 370 votes

None - Watch via IPTV / moody stream / use friends or families VP login
7% 26 votes
None - No real interest in streamed games
7% 29 votes
Some - Have bought 1-4
16% 60 votes
Most - Have bought 5-7
17% 64 votes
All - Have bought all 8
51% 191 votes

Comments

• Options
    Have watched every league and cup game on Valley pass since Hull away in June. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    All 8, may not have been the case if pub was open :) voted for bought all, but watched the sky one there.

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Would have been all but Accrington was on Sky so watched it on there instead
    Ah balls, forgot about that :-(

If you haven’t voted yet and done similar, treat that as a buy if you would have done
  • Options
    Have watched them all except for the paint pot trophy games.
  • Options
    Have missed two games, one because of a zoom meeting and the other because of internet problems so no accesses.
  • Options
    Purchased all games this season, League and all Cup games

Its been a nice distraction being stuck at home - Regardless of the results
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Would have been all but Accrington was on Sky so watched it on there instead
    Whoops. Forgot that one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    I used to find it odd with no crowd, but that's gradually becoming normal now. Think we get a great service for the home games.
  • Options
    All league games apart from the Sky game, but would have bought the stream if it had not have been televised.
  • Options
    My habits have changed as seasons progressed. I had no real interest in watching the early season ones, would rather follow Jeff Stelling and co And just see the goals / highlights later. But as season has gone on I’ve been buying more, and now buy every game. 

Getting it working on my TV as opposed to laptop was the big changer for me.
    Out of interest - how did you get it working on your TV ?

I would much prefer to watch on TV rather my computer
  • Options
    Watching all of them, and don't see that changing. With every week being groundhog week, it's a thing to look forward to. Even if the football ultimately disappoints, the studio pieces have been excellent. 
    I tend to have a WhatsApp call with CAFC mates at the same time, so it's as close to watching in the pub as it's possible to get at the moment.
    My liver isn't thanking me, mind you.
  • Options
    All 8
  • Options
    Yes, bought and watched every game since live coverage started at the end of last season with the exception of the Brighton micky mouse cup game. And only missed that one as it was my wife's birthday and even I couldn't in all honesty watch that!

I think the new coverage is absolutely brilliant. They've even managed to improve it recently by getting a second guest on with Curbs! Love the banter between Curbs, Minto and whoever is guesting. 

I've said it on other threads - so won't repeat myself here - but I hope streaming continues even after crowds are aloud back. In fact, the genie is now out of the bottle and I can't see how you can put it back in. Clubs should work to maximise revenue from the streaming and not fight a technical advance that they will not be able to stop
  • Options
    My habits have changed as seasons progressed. I had no real interest in watching the early season ones, would rather follow Jeff Stelling and co And just see the goals / highlights later. But as season has gone on I’ve been buying more, and now buy every game. 

We watch our on tv. My son just runs an HDMI cable from the PC to the telly. I know that not all computers have HDMI slots though, but I'd think one of these should do the trick: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Displayport-Adapter-Benfei-Display-Converter/dp/B017Q8ZVWK/ref=asc_df_B017Q8ZVWK/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309947853784&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13169371880673810698&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007091&hvtargid=pla-348365169310&psc=1

• Options

I buy the game on my boys laptop, then once it’s bought I call up the web browser on my tv and log into my Valley Pass. 

I cant do the whole process of purchasing the game on my TV as it different stages it hits error pages on the cAFC site
  • Options
    Watched nearly all of them.

How do you get the moody streams?

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Purchased and watched every game this season, including the pizza trophy. Dad, brother and I take it turns to pay for the matches. 

Haven’t got much else to do at the moment. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Purchased and watched every game this season, including the pizza trophy. Dad, brother and I take it turns to pay for the matches. 

So what do you do mate, all watch together or all log in at different houses?
  • Options
    Bought all 8

Think I’ve bought every league game this season bar 1 when things were open. 

Watching Charlton is the highlight of every week at the moment, was really annoyed when the Portsmouth game was called off. 

Plus with the new excellent coverage it makes buying a no-brainer. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021

So what do you do mate, all watch together or all log in at different houses?
    All watch together. Personally, I find watching football very much like drinking it’s a social thing and dont find any enjoyment watching it on my own.
  • Options
    None. No interest in streamed games.
  • Options
    2 evening games streamed so far but having young kids means it's nigh impossible to watch weekend games or any of the pre and post match stuff with the 7pm kick offs. It's gutting as the set up now sounds brilliant withl some my favourite players being guests.
  • Options
    i use airplay and watch on smart tv

• Options
    There’s no ‘just listen to the comms’ option.
    I can’t be the only one? 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    Have seen every game. Hard to watch at times but its improving. Spoilt at the start of the season before the “injuries”. 
  • Options
    Watched all the last 8, and indeed nearly every game this season

I use a Chromecast to transfer it from my tablet to my main TV