Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POLL: Are you watching Valley Pass or Not?

Comments

• Options
    Purchased all league games (except Accrington) but no cup games -not interested in paying £10 to watch reserves in meaningless competitions- just my opinion. Use my season ticket money for home games and pay for aways. Very good coverage, especially with Scotty and guests. I too have an HTML lead, just plug it into the TV and away you go. 
  • Options
    There’s no ‘just listen to the comms’ option.
    I can’t be the only one? 🤷‍♀️
    Select none for that one 
  • Options
    I've watched all of them but last week was the first time on the TV via Chromecast - so all the more amazing that we won! 
  • Options
    Watched all of them (except the 'silly cup' games) since they started streaming them, except those that were on SKY. I was going to stop doing it as the I-follow coverage was shit, but the new Valley Pass TV is excellent, so I intend to carry on watching until its time to get back to The Valley
  • Options
    Stig said:
    My habits have changed as seasons progressed. I had no real interest in watching the early season ones, would rather follow Jeff Stelling and co And just see the goals / highlights later. But as season has gone on I’ve been buying more, and now buy every game. 

Getting it working on my TV as opposed to laptop was the big changer for me.
    Out of interest - how did you get it working on your TV ?

I would much prefer to watch on TV rather my computer
    We watch our on tv. My son just runs an HDMI cable from the PC to the telly. 

That's what I do too.

My telly is old, no HD and only 26" . But it'll have to do ....... better than watching on the laptop.

• Options
    Watched them all. It is something to do in Lockdown. I even purchased the Brighton game although I saw the £10 and thought I was buying the Saturday league game!
  • Options
    Have watched a few home games, but seriously considering not watching any more, because every time I do, we loose.  Am I a jinkes or is it my bad luck.  Lets see if our game against Gillingham can break the spell.
  • Options
    Just the home games so far, til all our CAFC Cash runs out.  After that, streaming will depend on form and results I suspect, there is no small 'fair weather' element in the ST cadre.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Have watched them all. The presentation  with Scott and Curbs is brilliant but i have had issues with the sound sinc during commentary . Last week the goal was called before it happened and it's bloody annoying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I do not watch all the games however when I do I use my IPTV app. It shows all the League 1 & 2 ifollow games.  
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    interested in how people are watching games and what sort of take up from Lifers the clubs £10 streams are currently getting.

Using the last 8 games as an example (Accrington H, Rochdale H, Bristol R A, Peterborough A, Swindon H, MKD A, Pompey H, Rochdale A). It’s an anonymous poll so please answer honestly, cheers all. 

(For Accrington, if you watched on Sky but would have bought otherwise, treat it as a buy) 
    Honestly, I have seen most of our games since the beginning of January on IPTV, but have also watched 3 or 4 on Valley Pass. I also paid for all 9 games of the Range competition. 

I much prefer VP for the full professional set up, but can't afford it every game, this way I pay when I can and when I can't I still get to see us play. I know I'm scum for doing so. 
  • Options
    Paid for every league game since TS took over.
  • Options
    Watched them all, I couldn't do anything else.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    interested in how people are watching games and what sort of take up from Lifers the clubs £10 streams are currently getting.

Using the last 8 games as an example (Accrington H, Rochdale H, Bristol R A, Peterborough A, Swindon H, MKD A, Pompey H, Rochdale A). It’s an anonymous poll so please answer honestly, cheers all. 

(For Accrington, if you watched on Sky but would have bought otherwise, treat it as a buy) 

I much prefer VP for the full professional set up, but can't afford it every game, this way I pay when I can and when I can't I still get to see us play. I know I'm scum for doing so. 
    I'm concerned about this too, especially when we're playing Sat-Tues-Sat. I've no budget for it right now.
    I'm spending money on Valley Pass that I can't really afford ..... I spent my water bill money on the last 2 games lol

Oh well, the water company's passive shareholders with spare money to invest will just have to wait a bit longer.
    I'm sure they'll get by easier than some of us.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    I used to find it odd with now crowd, but that gradually becoming normal now.
    Yep just all feels like away games for us 😐
  • Options
    Watched all the last 8, and indeed nearly every game this season

I use a Chromecast to transfer it from my tablet to my main TV
    still cannot for the life of me get the chromecast to work - have tried everything I can think of
  • Options
    Have watched them all. The presentation  with Scott and Curbs is brilliant but i have had issues with the sound sinc during commentary . Last week the goal was called before it happened and it's bloody annoying.
    That did annoy me too. I had to turn the sound off for 10 minutes whilst they sorted it out.
  • Options
    My habits have changed as seasons progressed. I had no real interest in watching the early season ones, would rather follow Jeff Stelling and co And just see the goals / highlights later. But as season has gone on I’ve been buying more, and now buy every game. 

Getting it working on my TV as opposed to laptop was the big changer for me.
    Out of interest - how did you get it working on your TV ?

I would much prefer to watch on TV rather my computer
    I buy the game on my boys laptop, then once it’s bought I call up the web browser on my tv and log into my Valley Pass. 

I cant do the whole process of purchasing the game on my TV as it different stages it hits error pages on the cAFC site
    That's a good idea AFKA, I might try that.

I've been casting them from VP app on my phone to the TV but normally it freezes at some point in the match.

You should consider for poll purposes that some people might prefer to listen rather than watch. I've bought an annual pass but I don't intend to watch when the weather gets better. I listened to one game for example because I wanted to cement a wall outdoors while it was dry.
  • Options
    All apart from sky match. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

still cannot for the life of me get the chromecast to work - have tried everything I can think of
    Me neither
  • Options
    Bought them all apart from the Sky Match, but missed watching a couple of midweek games due to work but the kids still watched.

I must admit to starting to lose a little bit of my mojo/excitement. With it being almost a year now since we had a decent crowd in the stadium my excitement is waining, just not the same.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Bought them all apart from the Sky Match, but missed watching a couple of midweek games due to work but the kids still watched.

I must admit to starting to lose a little bit of my mojo/excitement. With it being almost a year now since we had a decent crowd in the stadium my excitement is waining, just not the same.
    I think we are all the same. Not trying to hijack the thread but my hope is that we still are near  top 6 when we hit April/May as we will do what we did last summer. Move the TV into the garden, Get the BBQ, loads of beers to enjoy the game. 

Make the best of a bad situation. 
  • Options
    One Saturday I had to miss because of another commitment, but I have bought all the others and that has been a very large increase from what I was buying before the revamp - I have an annual 'audio only' subscription so I tended just to do that.

As others have said, the commentary is always excellent, and the 'in the studio' bits are absolutely outstanding. I have also wanted to reward the club's new ownership for such an evident investment in the fan experience.

My only concern (as getting to The Valley is difficult for me) is that the upgraded service will go once crowds are let back in, because they will not want to put people off from being there in person.
  • Options
    I have got the johnny foreigner season ticket, but I would buy every game even if I didn't. The build up is absolutley superb now, and the multi camera home coverage is pretty good too.  
  • Options
    edited February 2021

Me neither
    So what doesn't work?

Is there no cast icon, or does it say it is casting but then never actually does or what?

Are you using an app on your phone or pc web browser?
  • Options
    One Saturday I had to miss because of another commitment, but I have bought all the others and that has been a very large increase from what I was buying before the revamp - I have an annual 'audio only' subscription so I tended just to do that.

As others have said, the commentary is always excellent, and the 'in the studio' bits are absolutely outstanding. I have also wanted to reward the club's new ownership for such an evident investment in the fan experience.

My only concern (as getting to The Valley is difficult for me) is that the upgraded service will go once crowds are let back in, because they will not want to put people off from being there in person.
    Once the crowds are allowed back would be good to have the studio presentation on around the ground,  especially Crossbars etc.
  • Options
    Bought every game and hope they continue when fans are back.they could put the pre match stuff on the big screen fir fans in the ground. .I’ll probably have to use vpn again when the fans are back. But would sooner do that than 5-6 hours travelling to the valley every week.I normally go to a few but it’s to much money to do it every week.  
    So keep it going after lockdowns finished please. 
    Do we know how many view it each week yet. 
  • Options
    Bought every game and hope they continue when fans are back.they could put the pre match stuff on the big screen fir fans in the ground. .I’ll probably have to use vpn again when the fans are back. But would sooner do that than 5-6 hours travelling to the valley every week.I normally go to a few but it’s to much money to do it every week.  
    So keep it going after lockdowns finished please. 
    Do we know how many view it each week yet. 
    I know earlier in the season they said there were about 4,000 viewing. No idea now.