Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton on search for fan to help club engage with supporters (Lucy Bishop appointed, pg 4)

Comments

• Options
    If an overseas representative is needed also, who better than Tel.
  • Options
    Vince
  • Options
    Dave
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Vince
    He should have been the fans rep last time.
  • Options
    @seriously_red has an eye for the future.  His name should be thrown in the hat.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    February 12 edited February 12
    What about Katrienne ?.

They are not asking for a customer liaison officer.
  • Options
    Volunteer or paid?

Doesn’t matter too much, just people have to weigh up whether they can afford to take time away from current work to be as committed to this role as the club and supporters in general would like.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Volunteer or paid?

Doesn’t matter too much, just people have to weigh up whether they can afford to take time away from current work to be as committed to this role as the club and supporters in general would like.

Narrowing it down to the retired or unemployed?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    In all seriousness......I think this job is tailor made for @Rock Spectacle
    Go for it Ian.👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No chance. Done a few hard yards in my time way over and beyond, but don't fancy being public property, especially in the current virtual environment - would like to see the job spec from sheer curiosity but think it needs someone younger - and willing to put in double the amount of hours you initially are told. 
    Understood.😕
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Whoever gets it will need to have a thick skin and a broad pair of shoulders 

The under 30's having a different viewpoint could work well.
    That aside, I'm a supporter of @Airman Brown
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

He has way too much on his plate Elfie.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

He has way too much on his plate Elfie.

I have time on my hands.....
  • Options
    Now that would be interesting... 
  • Options
    Now that would be interesting... 

I have many middle names, the most popular have used the word 'creative'.
  • Options
    AFKA Bartram would be my suggestion - whether he would have the time or would want to do it is another matter
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    AFKA Bartram would be my suggestion - whether he would have the time or would want to do it is another matter
    Agree, think he would be an excellent option.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have been told that the average age of our fanbase is 53. Does anyone know if this is correct?
  • Options
    I have been told that the average age of our fanbase is 53. Does anyone know if this is correct?
    wouldn't surprise me if the average age of those who renewed their season tickets last year is that but i'd say normally it would be quite a bit younger 
  • Options
    Probably not far off but depends on what 'database' they are going by. On the basis the average age in the UK is 40 and it's unlikely the club have many under 5's down as supporters (and probably not that many U11's etc) then 53 has a ring of truth to it.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    And pass the height test?
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    @Fanny Fanackapan?  Surely that's a lol
    I HAD been feeling a bit more like the normal Fanny today , but now wondering what I've done to deserve your scorn, @redbuttle.....

.....not that I have any inclination to be involved.
    I feel that they need to pick someone who can represent the younger fans along with the over 60s(I am in that age group by the way)
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    @Fanny Fanackapan?  Surely that's a lol
    I HAD been feeling a bit more like the normal Fanny today , but now wondering what I've done to deserve your scorn, @redbuttle.....

.....not that I have any inclination to be involved.
    You'd be great!
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    With the greatest of respect to AFKA, I don't think that's a good idea. We need someone who can overcome the tensions between various segments of our fanbase, and being so closely associated with Charlton Life means he's likely to be seen as biased by posters on The Forum That Shall Not Be Named for one. And the poor sod's got enough on his plate as it is.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    DOUCHER said:
    With the greatest of respect to AFKA, I don't think that's a good idea. We need someone who can overcome the tensions between various segments of our fanbase, and being so closely associated with Charlton Life means he's likely to be seen as biased by posters on The Forum That Shall Not Be Named for one. And the poor sod's got enough on his plate as it is.
    I’ll phone up and withdraw my application first thing in the morning 
    Sorry boss 😳