Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton on search for fan to help club engage with supporters (Lucy Bishop appointed, pg 4)

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2021
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    @Fanny Fanackapan?  Surely that's a lol
    I HAD been feeling a bit more like the normal Fanny today , but now wondering what I've done to deserve your scorn, @redbuttle.....

.....not that I have any inclination to be involved.
    I feel that they need to pick someone who can represent the younger fans along with the over 60s(I am in that age group by the way)
    Fair enough, point taken, @redbuttle.

Thanks for the explanation. 
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    @Fanny Fanackapan?  Surely that's a lol
    I HAD been feeling a bit more like the normal Fanny today , but now wondering what I've done to deserve your scorn, @redbuttle.....

.....not that I have any inclination to be involved.
    I feel that they need to pick someone who can represent the younger fans along with the over 60s(I am in that age group by the way)
    Fair enough, point taken, @redbuttle.

Thanks for the explanation. It's ok. Sometimes you have to stand back and let someone else have a go.
  • Options
    I’ve applied for the position, I’m 40 so maybe a good age to look out for the younger & older fans. I’m disabled so I think that puts me in a position to understand our disabled fan groups & elderly fans. I’ve been on a video call with TS through being on the CADSA committee so he’s heard of me. I’m also friends with Dodger & @Henry Irving (although he prob doesn’t realise!) on Twitter so I’m hoping I might be in with a chance
    Good luck @Charlton_Road_James and anyone else going for it. 

I think the club not publishing the job description might leave a few disappointed when the details do emerge.

People are talking about a "representative" of the fans but to me at least it seems more of a liaison and development role on behalf of the club but I might well be wrong.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    DOUCHER said:
    AFKA Bartram would be my suggestion - whether he would have the time or would want to do it is another matter
    With the greatest of respect to AFKA, I don't think that's a good idea. We need someone who can overcome the tensions between various segments of our fanbase, and being so closely associated with Charlton Life means he's likely to be seen as biased by posters on The Forum That Shall Not Be Named for one. And the poor sod's got enough on his plate as it is.
    yes, i understand that but doesn't mean he isn't the right man for the job and i doubt there are many on the other forum that would disagree - different if some of the usual suspects on here got the role - anyway, lets not turn this into an opinion poll  about somebody who could probably do without it   
  • Options
    Very kind of you to say mate and if I am successful they’ll definitely be a few freebies coming your way. 
  • Options
    I’m voting for Golfie
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    aliwibble said:
    DOUCHER said:
    AFKA Bartram would be my suggestion - whether he would have the time or would want to do it is another matter
    With the greatest of respect to AFKA, I don't think that's a good idea. We need someone who can overcome the tensions between various segments of our fanbase, and being so closely associated with Charlton Life means he's likely to be seen as biased by posters on The Forum That Shall Not Be Named for one. And the poor sod's got enough on his plate as it is.
    I’ll phone up and withdraw my application first thing in the morning 
    Sorry boss 😳
    Heads up @Dazzler21, I’ve spotted a way back in for you😉
     #Vote #Dazzler #CLAdmin 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Whoever gets it will need to have a thick skin and a broad pair of shoulders 
    And pass the height test?
    That rules out Elfie then.
  • Options
    Chizz 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    I'm 5'8
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    I'm 5'8
    So is your nose 🤥 😉.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    shirty5 said:
    I'm 5'8
    So is your nose 🤥 😉.
    First on the life ban list.
  • Options
    If this is more than just a token appointment whether you’re an addick shouldn’t be a factor. It should be who can do it best.

If it’s just a pr thing then of course get a fan who everyone likes.
  • Options
    Very kind of you to say mate and if I am successful they’ll definitely be a few freebies coming your way. 
    A Charlton Life goody bag? fingers crossed  :D  
  • Options
    iainment said:
    If this is more than just a token appointment whether you’re an addick shouldn’t be a factor. It should be who can do it best.

possibly the most ridiculous post i've read on here - and there have been a lot 
  • Options
    i've got a growing list of posters who's views should be instantly dismissed - it will be in the book 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    iainment said:

Ok, how is it ridiculous? 

Using my experience in community development work and tenant engagement I have a bit of an informed basis for my opinion. What do you base your dismissal of my opinion on?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iainment said:
    DOUCHER said:
    iainment said:

Using my experience in community development work and tenant engagement I have a bit of an informed basis for my opinion. What do you base your dismissal of my opinion on?

Not a bad shout.  At first glance it does sound a bit illogical having a non- die hard fan in the role but by having a supporter in the role you lose unfettered objectivity as the individual will have a very subjective and innate version of what being a Charlton fans means and what Charlton fans want.

Someone with no emotional attachment may be more impartial and be able to better capture a wider fanbase view without it being tainted by their own subconscious agenda, feelings, bias etc.

Such as wide range of views amongst our fanbase that it is very difficult to represent all and human nature may lead to people siding with/ being bias towards what their own held views are.

A non- Charlton fan, and preferably a non football fan, would be able to come at the role entirely objectively and conduct and report research without prejudice.

It would also remove the unfortunate, yet guaranteed sniping that occurs when people put themselves up for these things as fans.

However, the above would very much depend on the job description and its remit.

• Options
    iainment said:
    DOUCHER said:
    iainment said:

Not a bad shout.  At first glance it does sound a bit illogical having a non- die hard fan in the role but by having a supporter in the role you lose unfettered objectivity as the individual will have a very subjective and innate version of what being a Charlton fans means and what Charlton fans want.

Someone with no emotional attachment may be more impartial and be able to better capture a wider fanbase view without it being tainted by their own subconscious agenda, feelings, bias etc.

Such as wide range of views amongst our fanbase that it is very difficult to represent all and human nature may lead to people siding with/ being bias towards what their own held views are.

A non- Charlton fan, and preferably a non football fan, would be able to come at the role entirely objectively and conduct and report research without prejudice.

It would also remove the unfortunate, yet guaranteed sniping that occurs when people put themselves up for these things as fans.

I do still think it’s important to be a football fan.
    You still need to know the way supporters think and feel.
    As much as we like to think we’re all very different, ultimately we’re not.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    DOUCHER said:
    iainment said:

Absolutely. A bit of empathy is essential in this type of job.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    DOUCHER said:
    iainment said:

I think being an addick should be quite high on the job spec. I wouldn't give the job of a fisherman to an oceanologist just because he knows the seabed. You really need to know what is in the sea if you want the catch of the day.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    DOUCHER said:
    iainment said:

I agree and ultimately think it is the way to go because as much as football is a business to a degree these days I don't like the corportisation of clubs...even if on paper it has potential benefits. I think it is good especially at clubs like ours to have real fan involvement despite potential associated  drawbacks rather than becoming a Manchester United plc type operation where fans are just commodities to be exploited.

Was just pointing out that there is logic to Iain's post. 
  • Options
    iainment said:

Yeah let’s ask a Plymouth or Ipswich fan if they fancy it 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I worked as a Football Liaison Officer for another club.
    I loved it.
    Made me realise I could never work that closely with the club I supported as I’m a fan and as such could never be impartial.
    Good luck to whoever gets it.
    Its a tough ask.
    I still have nightmares about opening your emails @kbslittlesis :- )
  • Options
    iainment said:
    DOUCHER said:
    iainment said:

common sense 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    iainment said:
    DOUCHER said:
    iainment said:

common sense 
    That’s the ship many projects founder on.
  • Options
    Ideally the lucky person would have the right skill set and demonstrable experience from an equivalent role and be an Addick, but not necessarily a die-hard one.
    Would someone with the right skills, but a confirmed Millwall or Palace fan get sufficient respect from the fan base to do the job and make a difference?
    It is important that the job holder does make an impact, to justify the reason for the job in the first pace.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    probably young (under 30)
    We have fans under 30?