Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton on search for fan to help club engage with supporters (Lucy Bishop appointed, pg 4)

Comments

• Options
    iainment said:
    If this is more than just a token appointment whether you’re an addick shouldn’t be a factor. It should be who can do it best.

If it’s just a pr thing then of course get a fan who everyone likes.
    Yeah let’s ask a Plymouth or Ipswich fan if they fancy it 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I worked as a Football Liaison Officer for another club.
    I loved it.
    Made me realise I could never work that closely with the club I supported as I’m a fan and as such could never be impartial.
    Good luck to whoever gets it.
    Its a tough ask.
    I still have nightmares about opening your emails @kbslittlesis :- )
    Funny, you’re not the first to have said that 🤣🤣
  • Options
    iainment said:
    DOUCHER said:
    iainment said:
    DOUCHER said:
    iainment said:
    If this is more than just a token appointment whether you’re an addick shouldn’t be a factor. It should be who can do it best.

If it’s just a pr thing then of course get a fan who everyone likes.
    possibly the most ridiculous post i've read on here - and there have been a lot 
    Ok, how is it ridiculous? 

Using my experience in community development work and tenant engagement I have a bit of an informed basis for my opinion. What do you base your dismissal of my opinion on?
    common sense 
    That’s the ship many projects founder on.
    we have a community development guy don't we ? Jason thingy??? - they're after a fan aren't they? 
  • Options
    my take on it is somebody who is level headed, reasonable, is in touch with a big range of fans and is 100% Charlton through and through with years of support behind him (or her) - without blowing any more smoke up AFKA's arse, i think that is why he is the perfect candidate. We don't want some trained diplomat type character - we want a man of the people !!!!
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    my take on it is somebody who is level headed, reasonable, is in touch with a big range of fans and is 100% Charlton through and through with years of support behind him (or her) - without blowing any more smoke up AFKA's arse, i think that is why he is the perfect candidate. We don't want some trained diplomat type character - we want a man of the people !!!!
    As someone said earlier in this thread whatever AFKAs plus points, and there are many, there’s a whole group of people on another forum who would actively oppose him.

As to trained diplomat types I agree they wouldn’t be able for this as they would be too one sided.

However a Community Development Worker uses all the skills and knowledge on a day to day basis necessary for this. They also understand the importance of being an effective advocate promoting the interests of their clients realistically and impartially.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    DOUCHER said:
    As someone said earlier in this thread whatever AFKAs plus points, and there are many, there’s a whole group of people on another forum who would actively oppose him.

As to trained diplomat types I agree they wouldn’t be able for this as they would be too one sided.

However a Community Development Worker uses all the skills and knowledge on a day to day basis necessary for this. They also understand the importance of being an effective advocate promoting the interests of their clients realistically and impartially.
    lets agree to disagree - we have a community development man already !!! and how can a diplomat be too one sided ??? - lets leave it 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Bit of a long shot but you'd hope that fans can look past beyond whatever message board the person (who gets the job) posts on - Would the majority of fans actually be able to associate AFKA's real name with his CharltonLife account in the first place?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Genuinely humbled by the mention @DOUCHER but just to be clear as they’ve been a few more posts, it’s not something that’s of interest to me (whatever it is).
  • Options
    Genuinely humbled by the mention @DOUCHER but just to be clear as they’ve been a few more posts, it’s not something that’s of interest to me (whatever it is).
    ok, fair enough - just trying to avoid the wrong person getting the job - look at some of the muppets who have tried it before  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:

He divides the fanbase on here.  For example you clearly love him whereas the vast and significant majority on here clearly think he is an utter lemon on a power trip with over zealous moderating, pro Duchatelet stance and general anti- Charlton agenda.

Not to mention his questionable taste in cheeses.

i'm sure he's a lovely chap but to say i love him may be stretching it - i've changed my mind now anyway - iainment has convinced me that we need a care in the community worker with zero affiliation to Charlton - id say ideally somebody who doesn't speak English and is preferably disabled in some way, with mental and cross dressing / sexual issues to ensure they have a fully topped up empathy radar  
  • Options
    i actually think we need an x factor type selection process for this - the finalists getting to live for a week at TS towers before the public (non charlton fans obviously) get to vote  
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

He divides the fanbase on here.  For example you clearly love him whereas the vast and significant majority on here clearly think he is an utter lemon on a power trip with over zealous moderating, pro Duchatelet stance and general anti- Charlton agenda.

Not to mention his questionable taste in cheeses.

i'm sure he's a lovely chap but to say i love him may be stretching it - i've changed my mind now anyway - iainment has convinced me that we need a care in the community worker with zero affiliation to Charlton - id say ideally somebody who doesn't speak English and is preferably disabled in some way, with mental and cross dressing / sexual issues to ensure they have a fully topped up empathy radar  
    Which is not what I said but heyho.
  • Options
    It's Sage for me.
    Seems a level headed bloke with excellent knowledge of the game.
    Well respected on here with a good following.
    Hope you've got your application in.   
  • Options
    It's Sage for me.
    Seems a level headed bloke with excellent knowledge of the game.
    Well respected on here with a good following.
    Hope you've got your application in.   
    I think this is the problem.

Not picking on you John and I agree Sage is a great guy but what has his knowledge of the game got to do with this role?

and what is his following and how does that matter?

I know Karl, I think he'd be a good person to have working at the club but I think people, in part because the club hasn't fully specified what the role is, are looking at other criteria that I don't think are relevant like age or previous affiliations.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    In my view this needs to be someone "new", enthusiastic, probably young (under 30), with a fresh approach and ideas, a willingness to reach out to all and not carrying around previous baggage from the Trust, CARD, the museum, various supporters clubs, etc, etc. 

That way nobody has a pre-judged opinion from the start and we can all equally slag them off from the get go.

Edit: Sorry, I meant "support", "Support them from the get go".
    Spot on!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    LoOkOuT said:
    So, you're saying there's a chance.
    Sounds like you’re to trying get him off the wage bill Mr@LoOkOuT 😳
  • Options
    Well done Lucy. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    WSS said:
    How tall is she?
    She's in the lower covered end, given she's sitting diagonally and a bit awkwardly, one would assume that her legs are too long for the pathetic leg room there.

This suggests she is likely over or around 5ft 9in. (Probably more having now watched the video clip)
  • Options
    I wish Lucy every success.
    First impressions are good.
    Awaits first person to say it's their wife/girlfriend/friend/sit next to her.
  • Options
    Well done, Lucy.
  • Options
    Well done Lucy.