Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Race Europe?

Comments

• Options
    I'm up for this if there's any spaces going still. 
  • Options
    @suzisausage Yes Team Addicks has Jacko and Kevin Lisbie in it. Covered End choir led by Bob Bolder has Simon Webster and Garry Nelson.  
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Hi @Tracey I am signed up and in a challenge called London United, do you know how I find out my team, I can see @PrincessFiona in the list of peeps that have also signed up just below me in the challenge so maybe I am already in one? 
  • Options
    @SE7toSG3 If you can let me your name please I can ask the Trust tomorrow 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Hi @Tracey , it's Clive Harris ta
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    Hi @Tracey I am signed up and in a challenge called London United, do you know how I find out my team, I can see @PrincessFiona in the list of peeps that have also signed up just below me in the challenge so maybe I am already in one? 
    If you go to Leaderboard and click the button to load it it shows you all the teams. 

If you click the plus icon under each teams name you can see who’s in it. 

You’re in Team: Charlton Athletic alongside Jacko, myself and a load of others. 
  • Options
    I really wanted to do it.
    But swimming outdoors in March I’m not going to be contributing much mileage lol
    I shall donate instead.
  • Options
    Thanks @Leeds_Addick appreciate that looking forward to getting started.
  • Options
    Who else is in the Covered End Choir?
  • Options
    iainment said:
    I am 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glovepup said:
    So there are currently 5 teams for Charlton that all require 23 people each. 

Covered end choir (bob’s?)
    team Addicks (is that Tracey’s? With Jacko on it?)
    charlton athletic 
    itrm 
    upbeats 

should there be a Charlton life team set up? I would imagine cyclists would be good to have in the side. I walk a lot but wouldn’t bring that much to the party. Could prob walk max 350k (220ish miles)  in 1 month and between 23. It’s roughly 290 miles per person required to hit the target🥴
    There are? How did you find that? 
    Went to sign up to see if there was more info as I do think its very vague in terms of what is required and how it works. Before you do anything you have to choose your team and there were 5 teams to choose from. 
    Ha, I don't recall having to do that but I signed up last month and I struggle to remember anything that happened after 5 minutes. The website is not user friendly at all, not even sure how if I am in a team. 
  • Options
    Glovepup said:
    Glovepup said:
    So there are currently 5 teams for Charlton that all require 23 people each. 

Covered end choir (bob’s?)
    team Addicks (is that Tracey’s? With Jacko on it?)
    charlton athletic 
    itrm 
    upbeats 

should there be a Charlton life team set up? I would imagine cyclists would be good to have in the side. I walk a lot but wouldn’t bring that much to the party. Could prob walk max 350k (220ish miles)  in 1 month and between 23. It’s roughly 290 miles per person required to hit the target🥴
    There are? How did you find that? 
    Went to sign up to see if there was more info as I do think its very vague in terms of what is required and how it works. Before you do anything you have to choose your team and there were 5 teams to choose from. 
    Ha, I don't recall having to do that but I signed up last month and I struggle to remember anything that happened after 5 minutes. The website is not user friendly at all, not even sure how if I am in a team. 
    I agree about the website. I have arranged to withdraw, unfortunately. I just hope I'm not still taking up a place (that someone else can take)
  • Options
    I have found which team I am in! 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Moi.
  • Options
    I have joined team addicks, but as i only run 25-35 miles a month not going to be huge amount of help. Hoping there is a portal to log my daily walks and my very occasional housework
  • Options
    I took a lot elsewhere to get more info on this.

On the West Ham website it says:

'The event is currently scheduled to run during March and participants can log miles in nearly 80 different activities (subject to any government guidelines). These include everything from gardening and car washes to walking, running, swimming, golf, tennis and football.'

For myself, and many others, it is very interesting that one doesn't have to go out running in order to participate.
    Personally I hate running. However I do play tennis and do gardening. 

• Options
    You can connect one of the following services to your account for auto-tracking:

Fitbit / Runkeeper / Strava / UnderArmour Connected Fitness / Garmin
  • Options
    iainment said:
    I am. Spent ten minutes trying to figure out how to link to Strava - then realised you can only do it on the app (which is shite :smiley:)

Done now
  • Options
    Perhaps the worst website I have ever been on.

I believe I am in the Covered End Choir, although I can't really see anything that tells me that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Huskaris if you scroll down below the map you see people’s names there is a filter option that lets you select ‘my team’ as opposed to everyone. If you are in the same team as Bob Bolder and Gary Nelson that is the one
  • Options
    @Huskaris if you scroll down below the map you see people’s names there is a filter option that lets you select ‘my team’ as opposed to everyone. If you are in the same team as Bob Bolder and Gary Nelson that is the one
    Brilliant, just scrolled through it and seen that, thanks a lot.

Seeing @Leroy Ambrose there gives me a huge relief. 

I'll be aiming to do 600 miles over the month. 
  • Options
    If anyone wants a quick and easy tip if they intend on using Zwift, if you pick a pace partner and ride with them, you will often get a lot more "bang for your buck" in terms of distance covered because you will be in a group ride and therefore be drafting. I followed C.Cadence for an hour and did 25.4 miles. My fastest average pace ever by a huge amount... 
  • Options
    I’m aiming for about the same am hoping a back strain I picked up yesterday does not develop into anything too problematic
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    If anyone wants a quick and easy tip if they intend on using Zwift, if you pick a pace partner and ride with them, you will often get a lot more "bang for your buck" in terms of distance covered because you will be in a group ride and therefore be drafting. I followed C.Cadence for an hour and did 25.4 miles. My fastest average pace ever by a huge amount... 
    Think I'll aim for the flattest routes available 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Huskaris said:
    Think I'll aim for the flattest routes available 
    Volcano Flat on Watopia is great for that. 
  • Options
    Being something of a dinosaur I’ll be cycling on the road and cycle paths outside. Aiming for 100 miles per week. But happy enough with anything over 70.
  • Options
    I will be on the road too @iainment might have to find some flatter routes to get more miles in
  • Options
    I usually go on the river path @Gary Poole - it’s flat enough for me! Plumstead to Erith and back to Plumstead via Greenwich. About 27 miles.
  • Options
    I joined this and have £70 donations but am seriously worried. i run/walk so will never get to the distance needed. Do I have to log everything on Strava to link - such a rubbish website.