Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Race Europe?

Comments

• Options
    kimbo said:
    I joined this and have £70 donations but am seriously worried. i run/walk so will never get to the distance needed. Do I have to log everything on Strava to link - such a rubbish website. 

Don't worry about it, the distance is a team effort not individual. I'll only be running so obviously won't get anywhere near the cyclists distances.

Well done for the donations you've got so far, that's what really matters :)
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Huskaris said:
    If anyone wants a quick and easy tip if they intend on using Zwift, if you pick a pace partner and ride with them, you will often get a lot more "bang for your buck" in terms of distance covered because you will be in a group ride and therefore be drafting. I followed C.Cadence for an hour and did 25.4 miles. My fastest average pace ever by a huge amount... 
    Think I'll aim for the flattest routes available 
    Volcano Flat on Watopia is great for that. 
    All about Tempus Fugit. Three times the distance of Volcano Flat for the same elevation. 
  • Options
    Good luck for everyone tomorrow. 
  • Options
    We can't let Wimbledon overtake us like this lads. I'll go for a cycle at lunch and a row tonight. Leroy if ever there was a time when we needed you this is it :joy: 
  • Options
    It’s a marathon not a sprint. Don’t panic yet.
  • Options
    I can’t find out how we are doing as a team, does anyone have a link to the page please? 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    I can’t find out how we are doing as a team, does anyone have a link to the page please? 
    Which team? There are 4 CAFC ones I think. 
  • Options
    Well either way go to here: https://www.myvirtualmission.com/missions/61246/race-europe and press "leaderboard".
  • Options
    Don't panic people. I'm training tonight and tomorrow night so I'll get some miles in
  • Options
    EastStand said:
    We can't let Wimbledon overtake us like this lads. I'll go for a cycle at lunch and a row tonight. Leroy if ever there was a time when we needed you this is it :joy: 
    Don’t worry, they’ll fall apart in the second half. 😳
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    signed up, paid money and no f*cking clue...how do I see what team I'm in? have managed to link strava (cycle yesterday, run today, but nothing pulled through...) :-( Help....
  • Options
    Surprised myself with 52 miles so far!
  • Options
    signed up, paid money and no f*cking clue...how do I see what team I'm in? have managed to link strava (cycle yesterday, run today, but nothing pulled through...) :-( Help....
    Go on the app and select “me and my missions”, that should link you to your team.
  • Options
    Good luck to everyone competing in this event. I'm planning on cycling through the game tonight... I'm hoping the pain in my chest and legs will deflect from the pain from watching the team :)
  • Options
    I honestly don’t understand the app. In one screen I have done 16.8 and one 3.2 ???
  • Options
    Either it's taking a while to sync your activities, or your activities are split across multiple types (eg walking/cycling) 

It's a horribly unintuitive app - the website is even worse! 
  • Options
    So cyclists will do the most miles; shame there isn't some sort of weighting for other activities as precludes non-cycling activities. Poor website/app
  • Options
    Bloody cyclists... 
  • Options
    Bloody cyclists... 

It
    's good, but just makes other activities score less
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bloody cyclists... 

It's good, but just makes other activities score less
    Is that not just the way it is with miles travelled under your own steam? Anything else would surely be a handicap system and then open to interpretation ?
  • Options
    Bloody cyclists... 

Is that not just the way it is with miles travelled under your own steam? Anything else would surely be a handicap system and then open to interpretation ?
    Everyone should cycle 😎
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Bloody cyclists... 

Everyone should cycle 😎
    Amen 😊
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Got on the saddle properly this morning for a 20 miler before work. Would be very keen on getting Covered End Choir to win this if we all put a shift in. 
  • Options
    So cyclists will do the most miles; shame there isn't some sort of weighting for other activities as precludes non-cycling activities. Poor website/app
    There’s lots of things you can be doing other than cycling, I’m just walking with our dogs. Apparently washing the car is on the list 
  • Options
    Covered End Choir is sitting at the top... Just about... Let's keep it going. 
  • Options
    Every effort from the team is fantastic. Everyone is needed and appreciated. We need every yard to get this done.
  • Options
    Millwall doing well I see.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Millwall doing well I see.
    I might finally get to see us beat them at something.