Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Race Europe?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Many thanks @Leroy Ambrose that is really helpful. The first time I went up Anglezarke was after a wrong turn hungover on a Sunday morning I ended up riding side to side across the road just to try to make it slightly less steep
  • Options
    Disaster.
    Woke up to find broken spoke on my touring bike so switched to my hybrid. Got to Dartford and chain got mangled up when I was changing into granny ring. Couldn’t get it fixed except into just one gear. Abandoned planned ride to Rochester and had to go back to Erith to get train as there are none from Dartford today.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Disaster.
    Woke up to find broken spoke on my touring bike so switched to my hybrid. Got to Dartford and chain got mangled up when I was changing into granny ring. Couldn’t get it fixed except into just one gear. Abandoned planned ride to Rochester and had to go back to Erith to get train as there are none from Dartford today.
    Ah that's shit 😔

Hate mechanicals. I got up late today and only did just over half what i had planned 😕

And that website is absolute shit
  • Options
    Benefitted from a rest day yesterday and got just under 30 miles in today so just over 120 miles for the week.

chapeaux to @Leroy Ambrose and others who have done over 300 miles in the first week.

Good luck with your bike @iainment it might be worth if finances permit getting another wheel and cassette to use while your other one gets fixed assuming you are not going to do it yourself
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Many thanks @Leroy Ambrose that is really helpful. The first time I went up Anglezarke was after a wrong turn hungover on a Sunday morning I ended up riding side to side across the road just to try to make it slightly less steep
    First time I ever rode Anglezarke (Moor Road, the steep fucker from the resi) was about six years ago just after I moved up. I had no idea it was there, and came piling round the corner straight onto that 25% ramp... In 53x14 🙄 - I bent my chainring trying to change down 🤣
  • Options
    Benefitted from a rest day yesterday and got just under 30 miles in today so just over 120 miles for the week.

chapeaux to @Leroy Ambrose and others who have done over 300 miles in the first week.

Good luck with your bike @iainment it might be worth if finances permit getting another wheel and cassette to use while your other one gets fixed assuming you are not going to do it yourself
    I’ll see what the LBS say tomorrow. I dropped it off today and they said I need a new chain, it was damaged in the snarl up, and the front mech just needs adjusting.
    I’ll drop off my wheel to get respoked tomorrow. I noticed a while ago there are 3 replacement spikes attached to the frame! So at least that won’t cost. Both bikes should be up and running on Tuesday at the latest.

Well done on your miles for the week.
  • Options
    Well done so far everyone. Loads of time left - I suspect that the two Wimbledon riders who have put in 600+km weeks are either seasoned long distance riders or will not be able to sustain the effort they've put in for multiple weeks. Can't do anything about that in either scenario, so just keep on truckin! 😊
  • Options
    LBS rang, bike ready. So I’ll get in a few miles today riding along the river from the O2.
  • Options
    So, the rim on the wheel from my tourer is cracked. There is a shortage of wheels, at least for 36h 700 touring wheels, so that can’t be got for at least 3 weeks.
    Luckily I have the hybrid and will have to use that for the time being.
    Hope to do at least 50 miles this weekend.
  • Options
    38.5 miles today. Plumstead to Gravesend and back. Great going with the wind. Very hard coming back.😎
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iainment said:
    So, the rim on the wheel from my tourer is cracked. There is a shortage of wheels, at least for 36h 700 touring wheels, so that can’t be got for at least 3 weeks.
    Front or back? I've some spare wheels if you are desperate and near SE12.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    iainment said:
    @Rob7Lee that’s a great offer. I’m ok as I can use my hybrid until the wheel is delivered.
    Thanks a million.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Glovepup said:
    318 miles so far for myself, not too shabby. Am impressed by those doing more, let's keep going! 
    298 for me. Which is at least 125 more than my usual mileage for 2 weeks. I’m knackered but hope to get at least 20 miles a day during the week. My team, Covered End Choir, should finish this week. Then I can rest.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    iainment said:
    Glovepup said:
    318 miles so far for myself, not too shabby. Am impressed by those doing more, let's keep going! 
    298 for me. Which is at least 125 more than my usual mileage for 2 weeks. I’m knackered but hope to get at least 20 miles a day during the week. My team, Covered End Choir, should finish this week. Then I can rest.
    Yeah I'm knackered too, which is why I fell asleep on the sofa at the weekend. My legs are constantly complaining, but as they say 'no pain no gain'

Remember to roll and stretch, definitely helps with the recovery. 
  • Options
    Lagging behind at 128 miles!
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    iainment said:
    @Rob7Lee that’s a great offer. I’m ok as I can use my hybrid until the wheel is delivered.
    Thanks a million.
    No worries, here if you need to borrow them, came of a Cannondale Synapse and only did about 10 miles before I upgraded.
  • Options
    The Charlton teams are doing fantastic. Are Wimbledon still miles in front or can we catch them?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    The Charlton teams are doing fantastic. Are Wimbledon still miles in front or can we catch them?
    They got even further ahead over the weekend. Uncatchable. 
  • Options
    Well done everybody I'm at 354 miles so far or 570km. I'm really enjoying the challenge and enjoying the camaraderie of Team Addicks.

Although bad news today as I've tweaked my quad doing some squats. Hope I can make it through. Regardless of when we finish i'm going to carry on as my personal goal and pledge for funding raising was to cover 1000km's.

Keep going all!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Just in from a 21 miler along the river. Any news?
     🚴🏼
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    PopIcon said:
    Is there a way of keeping track? 
    Do you manually fill in how many miles you have completed each day?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Huskaris said:
    PopIcon said:
    Yeah there's an app, and a website. 

It links to things like Strava but people can also manually add them. 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    PopIcon said:
    Huskaris said:
    PopIcon said:
    Yeah there's an app, and a website. 

It links to things like Strava but people can also manually add them. 
    The trust is a credit to the club. Long may they continue to serve one and other.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Finished. Team Covered End Choir in second place.
    Finally can have a rest day. 
    You've earned it mate. 

Well done everyone, great effort. I lost morale a bit after that first weekend to be honest when it was clear they were flying ahead. They've got some serious riders in that team!