Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Race Europe?

Comments

• Options
    worked it all out...ported over my 18km (or so) ride from Strava this morning in to team Covered End...just a shame I don't actually have the time to go off on a 'proper' bike ride...  Am having a  fitting on Friday for my new bike...will see if I can get that peddling on Strava too :-)
  • Options
    hmmm... just logged on and found that Ive switched teams....was in Covered End yesterday....and now in team Valley Floyd Road....how'd that happen??
  • Options
    hmmm... just logged on and found that Ive switched teams....was in Covered End yesterday....and now in team Valley Floyd Road....how'd that happen??
    I've seen people are changing teams all the time. When I first joined Jacko was in the same team as me, now he's team Addicks. Lisbie was in my team yesterday, now he's moved as well. Not a clue how it's working.
  • Options
    cheers @Leeds_Addick I wouldn't mind so much if I'd chosen to change teams but a) I didn't and b) I can't even work out how it might happen, as the website is so unbelievably shite...
  • Options
    Speak with Lorna?
  • Options
    sorry @iainment but who's that?  have emailed the 'help' function...
  • Options
    sorry @iainment but who's that?  have emailed the 'help' function...
    Lorna Taylor - she’s one of those organising this. I got an email from her confirming my entry. Look in your emails for something from cact.org
  • Options
    thanks @iainment - I've not had that email....oh well...here now, good excuse to get on the bike/out for a run...
  • Options
    My legs are saying no more for a while, you’re abusing us.
    But I’m going to cycle up to Soho today for my exercise and see if I can get something to eat at Govinda’s. Hare, hare, Rama, Rama.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    But I’m going to cycle up to Soho today for my exercise and see if I can get something to eat at Govinda’s. Hare, hare, Rama, Rama.
    Hero, seen you're getting in some very decent mileage. 

We are doing really well, pulling away a bit ahead at the moment. I'll keep doing 20 mile morning rides, and hopefully a 40 miler on one of either Saturday and/or Sunday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I appear to be back in Covered End Choir today.....wtf is going on?
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    So cyclists will do the most miles; shame there isn't some sort of weighting for other activities as precludes non-cycling activities. Poor website/app
    There’s lots of things you can be doing other than cycling, I’m just walking with our dogs. Apparently washing the car is on the list 
    Yes, which is great. But surely cyclists are going to travel many more miles?
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    So cyclists will do the most miles; shame there isn't some sort of weighting for other activities as precludes non-cycling activities. Poor website/app
    There’s lots of things you can be doing other than cycling, I’m just walking with our dogs. Apparently washing the car is on the list 
    Yes, which is great. But surely cyclists are going to travel many more miles?
    Which is great, but it’s a collective total and more importantly raising money for the trust. My ten miles exercising our dogs or someone washing their car could make that little difference to our winning or not. Really it’s just a bit of fun and I’m guessing something a little different to the normal upbeats walk that takes place in March. 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    iainment said:

We are doing really well, pulling away a bit ahead at the moment. I'll keep doing 20 mile morning rides, and hopefully a 40 miler on one of either Saturday and/or Sunday. 
    Didn’t go up town today after all. 21 miles along the river instead. Now just shy of 100 miles. Which is mental for me as I usually do 60 - 70 miles a week.
    Feel good though and will cycle tomorrow and Sunday with Saturday as a rest day.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    iainment said:
    Huskaris said:
    iainment said:

Didn’t go up town today after all. 21 miles along the river instead. Now just shy of 100 miles. Which is mental for me as I usually do 60 - 70 miles a week.
    Feel good though and will cycle tomorrow and Sunday with Saturday as a rest day.
    Brilliant, you are definitely racking up some big miles. 

Just shy of 100 miles that you have covered isn't far off our lead...

I really want us to win this. I am churning out a solid 20 miles every weekday, but saving enough in the tank that if anyone starts pulling up on us I can push out a 50 miler at next to no notice, on the trainer if need be, although it would be the dullest thing I have ever done!

I play football with a group every week (suspended for now until the end of March) and everyone pays a £2 donation to play. They have donated £70 so far, and will be donating the cash from our first few games after we go back which should be one hundred quid or so. That's what the real goal of all this is! 
  • Options
    Oh also, big credit to Bob Bolder who is absolutely smashing it. 
  • Options
    If you're looking for an easy way to sponsor a Charlton team member (btw not me):

https://www.castrust.org/2021/03/support-our-community-trust-by-sponsoring-heather/

• Options
    Well done everyone great effort. I am up to 63 miles but did not get out today due to work but am hoping to get over a hundred miles done by the end of the week. Providing my 1 1/2 working legs hold up.

• Options
    Didn't have a great week but am planning on some cycling today and over the weekend. Won't rack up the same miles as some of you guys but will do my bit! 
  • Options
    We have fallen behind. 

First weekend coming up, I think that will establish who will win. 

Going to try and get a 40-50 miler in tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did an 18 mile circle of Plumstead-Thamesmead-along the river to Greenwich-up through the park-back through the Standard- over Woolwich Common and back home.
    Didn’t trust my legs for further. Rest day tomorrow and hoping for at least 30 miles on Sunday.
  • Options
    Covered End Choir ahead by 18 miles. 

I think the weekends will be where it is won or lost. 

Dig deep!
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Just finished a short 14.92miler. Didn’t intend to cycle today but just felt like turning my legs over.
    Tomorrow aiming for 30ish miles.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Just finished a short 14.92miler. Didyintend to cycle today but just felt like turning my legs over.
    Tomorrow aiming for 30ish miles.
    Brilliant, and it is so tight at the moment that every mile counts. I'm not having a rest day until we win.
  • Options
    The lead is changing hands almost hourly. We need to dig deep tomorrow and see those Dons off.
  • Options
    I'll be out tomorrow again (base miles for me at the moment, no intensity, so I'm able to put in slightly longer rides than I normally would this time of year) 
  • Options
    Missed a day today as hamstrings complaining, I have a complicated physiology from severe trauma on my right leg so have to listen to my body a bit. Will be out tomorrow and hoping to break the 120 miles for the week.
    Sorry I am not up to many of your huge achievements but will keep going and giving my all.

@Leroy Ambrose I have recently moved up to your part of the world (just outside Bolton) and until recently have been enjoying the hills of Rivington and Anglezarke but think these are not the best routes to getting lots of miles in (particularly when you are 6ft 4 and 16 stone). Can you recommend any flatter faster local routes?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Missed a day today as hamstrings complaining, I have a complicated physiology from severe trauma on my right leg so have to listen to my body a bit. Will be out tomorrow and hoping to break the 120 miles for the week.
    Sorry I am not up to many of your huge achievements but will keep going and giving my all.

@Leroy Ambrose I have recently moved up to your part of the world (just outside Bolton) and until recently have been enjoying the hills of Rivington and Anglezarke but think these are not the best routes to getting lots of miles in (particularly when you are 6ft 4 and 16 stone). Can you recommend any flatter faster local routes?
    Literally up the road from me - I'm in Chorley. Yeah, some great hills round Rivi (Anglezarke can get int sea - that 25% pitch at the bottom is a bitch) 

Your best bet for flats is either the Fylde Coast or Southport way. I train out there most of the time - if I want hills I do Forest of Bowland (no traffic)

Cruff CCC on Strava - follow me on there and you'll see the flat routes I do. 
  • Options
    Sounds like everyone is doing great in the various teams. I managed 80k today while watching the game ... but the penalty miss killed me off
  • Options
    160 miles behind. It's all over.