Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Fleetwood v Charlton | Sat 20 Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    Hal1x said:
    Perhaps Bowyer ain't the man for the Job, he tried three subs at once to change things and nothing!.
    They were all like for like. At least do something with your subs, like an extra forward or go 3 at the back. Same old same old.
  • Options
    I thought taking Smith off was a mistake. Not saying he was on fire but that second half he was growing into the game and really putting himself about. Morgan was non existent and whilst the steady eddy style of Watson has its place and if we could have kept the ball down with Smith trying to play forward then it could have been handy.

We should have been playing the ball into Stockleys feet with the ball only leaving the ground for crosses into the box. 

Lastly, Bowyer said we didnt enough crosses in but you had a chance to play with 2 wingers and you didnt do it which massively decreases the chance of said crosses. 

All in all we are a lightweight team and when we cant play football to break down teams...we are fucked.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Didn't buy the stream and only saw the goals on Sky earlier. Have just now watched the "highlights" posted on the Rolling Reels thread.

Just one meaningful effort at goal during 90 mins of football whereas Fleetwood  had 4 or 5.

Dreadful. Fucking dreadful. 

You don't win many games of football with those stats. Thing is, it's not new. Week in & week out we have very few attempts at goal & are often "out stat -ed" by our opponents. Something has to change.

• Options
    You can blame the conditions which were bad, but in the 2nd half we hardly won a 50/50 ball and never the 2nd ball. To me this shows an issue with the level of commitment.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Perhaps Bowyer ain't the man for the Job, he tried three subs at once to change things and nothing!.
    They were all like for like. At least do something with your subs, like an extra forward or go 3 at the back. Same old same old.
    Or change tactics from lumping it forward to playing a short passing build up, playing the ball into the forwards feet.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Yes our team of Shinniesta, Pratiesta, Sergio Smithquets, Ronnie Messi, Xavi Watson, Chris Alves and Jaydon Villa weren't able to play their usual devastating passing game due to the conditions.
    Maybe we needed Gust poyet!!, I’ll get me coat!!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Hal1x said:
    Or change tactics from lumping it forward to playing a short passing build up, playing the ball into the forwards feet.
    Certainly not the day to be lumping in it the air. Play your 2 wide men (Millar on the LEFT - DJ on the RIGHT) and get them putting balls into the box low & hard - just like the one Fleetwood scored from. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Washington put in the worst 35min performance I can recall for a while, literally couldn't give a shit. 
  • Options
    After Stockley's late tackle catching his man and being rightfully booked ....... I still can't believe the referee completely missed the blatant retaliation by the Fleetwood player lying on the ground.

That kick out was full of intent, whether it actually made contact with Stockley's face or not. It's violent conduct. Red card all day long.

Surely the ensuing player melee and handbags must feature in the referee's report - and will be examined by the FA?
    There may well be disciplinary action and suspension coming to that player.

• Options
    Washington put in the worst 35min performance I can recall for a while, literally couldn't give a shit. 
    Disagree. 

It was more of the same okay so what were Washington or Schwartz meant to do with that service all game?

If Aneke hadn't got himself recklessly sent off last week, there's a good chance we could have paid off with the balls we were playing.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Disagree. 

It was more of the same okay so what were Washington or Schwartz meant to do with that service all game?

If Aneke hadn't got himself recklessly sent off last week, there's a good chance we could have paid off with the balls we were playing.
    He gave a half hearted attempted at at least 3 50/50s mate

This is a sub trying to come on and prove a point to a manger..... 

This team ain't playing for Bowyer full stop. 

And yes I agree schwartz was fucking dreadful... 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Disagree. 

No I don't agree Schwartz was dreadful either. 

He was making all the runs, trying to make things happen, but unless the midfielders are shooting from range or pumping high hopeful balls upfield, the service simply isn't there.
  • Options
    It was frustrating Amos was taking his time at the end suggesting we were happy with a point. A point at Fleetwood in our current position is not enough. I guess he knew that only one team looked like winning and we couldn't string a couple of passes together or win a 50/50 ball. Very frustrating.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    After Stockley's late tackle catching his man and being rightfully booked ....... I still can't believe the referee completely missed the blatant retaliation by the Fleetwood player lying on the ground.

That kick out was full of intent, whether it actually made contact with Stockley's face or not. It's violent conduct. Red card all day long.

Surely the ensuing player melee and handbags must feature in the referee's report - and will be examined by the FA?
    There may well be disciplinary action and suspension coming to that player.

Am I the only person who sees Stockley reach in and grab the guys nuts while he is writhing around? That's why the oppo started going crazy...

I couldn't believe they didn't discuss it in the studio while several replays were shown.... But... Now I see that nobody on here had mentioned it either...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Disagree. 

He was making all the runs, trying to make things happen, but unless the midfielders are shooting from range or pumping high hopeful balls upfield, the service simply isn't there.
    Apologies, I misread it. 

Still thought both were poor though bud 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Disagree. 

Apologies, I misread it. 

Still thought both were poor though bud 
     Forwards without service always come across as poor, but when you actually watch them, you can see why they're so pissed (Schwartz especially) when subbed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think that’s a pretty decent point .. Fleetwood are a very good home side and are use to playing in these conditions ... don’t think watching on tv really showed how difficult it was and not just the wind but the pitch as well it was very sticky ...

Defensively we coped very well. we looked a lot better when Purrington come on .. great clearance by Gunter but we kept them
    at arms length for long periods .... we struggled in mid only because the way the game was played and up front there was very little created for the front men ...  

all in all it’s a decent point 

bored spaced out GIF by Playboy Fragrances
  • Options
    To be honest the second half was always going to be a problem with the wind. The real worry is how poor we were in the first when we should have had that advantage.

A poor performance on Tuesday and that will definitely be season over. 
    The season is finished now. We are slowly going backwards culminating in a 10th place finish eventually.
  • Options
    I’m convinced that Bowyer will start as manager next season. I just don’t see TS as a trigger finger owner. I think they’ll be money spent in the summer. Let’s hope Lee is up to spending it wisely. Next season is 100% must gain promotion. Is he up to it ? 
    Who knows? What I do know is that TS things - or says - we have the best squad in the division and that playoffs are a minimum exxpectation this season. If (and it's looking like when now) we fall short, I suppose he may put that down to bad luck. Otherwise LB will surely be gone. 
  • Options
    Our big problem is we don't go out with a plan to win matches. We find our way and try to go a goal up. If we do that we slowly fall back and end up hanging on. If our opponents score first we go looking to get an equaliser. We have done ok at that this season, so when we get a lead, why don't we try for a second and then manage the game for a third?