Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Burton Albion | Tues 23rd Feb 2021 | 7pm

Comments

• edited February 2021
    Oh well Covered end here we come, let's believe and will get this back 3-1
  • Get big chuks on for the second half. Unleash the beast. He will score.
  • One shot one goal for them? Defence letting us down again.
  • 15m then Chuks on
  • Well at least it's better than some other recent games. Good start but then the mistakes slip in; DJ dozing on their goal, and Shinnie also not tracking at times. Watson keeping his gear clean for the weekend maybe?  Millar is off colour, despite lots of ball - he needs to get his head up as he is too god for this league.

Chuks for DJ at some point (an hour) would be good - we should still win this...

• I can't believe we've hit the woodwork 3 times already - plus 3 times against Gillingham, twice against Rochdale.

If some of those woodwork strikes go in, it can change everything.

• Jayajosh said:
    Wonder how many times this season we’ve hit the woodwork, must be some record. 
    That was times 13, 14 and 15
  • Sponsored links:

• If my auntie had bollocks, she’d be my uncle.
  • Same old same old. Not scoring (enough) when in the ascendancy and letting in stupid goals is getting really, really, old. 
  • What are our chances of signing Stockley ?
  • First 20 we looked in the ascendancy, second 20 we looked like a team in and around burton near the foot of the league! 

Simply cannot keep leaking goals, especially when they’re nothing special and bundled in!

Midfield overrun as usual, and poor jaiyesimi is getting bugger all service on the right and is being asked too much of when he is given the ball! 

Totally turgid football, considering we have wingers bombing and wingers inverted! 

A win papers over a managerial sized crack, and the football feels stale
  • Not really sure what more we can do tonight to be in front .. so unlucky 
    keep going boys our luck got to change 
  • One shot one goal for them? Defence letting us down again.
    Communication between Purrington and Amos cost us there. 
  • Surely Amos should have come for the cross 
  • Awful goal again to give away, lazy by DJ not picking up his player. Ridiculas formation 442  with aneke up front please.
  • edited February 2021
  • Sponsored links:

• What more can we do tonight .... so unlucky 
    Hitting the bar is not unlucky!! Its never been unlucky to hit the bar. The bar is not the goal.

Formation not working for me. We get into some decent enough positions on the left, but then have no outlet. Games crying out for Chuks. 
    I’ve got the mini bar tonight. Hope to be asleep in 20 mins 
  • For me Watson off for Aneke, Pratley push up and (the excellent since his return) Oshilaja back in defence.
    Alternatively Aneke for three and a half year contract man.
  • I thought we'd hit the bar twice but forgot about the Shinnie free kick... deary me. Unbelievable.
  • Anyone able to discern what formation we are actually playing?
  • This formation makes us so one dimensional. I would think it’ll change with our subs

Want a bit more from DJ. Expect him to get a mouthful from Bowyer for his part in their goal. 
  • Watched the goal back and its poor from both Jaiyesimi and Matthews to let that cross in - Like a few have said, its a comedy of errors from a couple of players rather than the fault laying at the door of one person
  • I honestly can't see why we changed from the flat 4-4-2. Aneke and Stockley up top would absolutely terrorise this side I feel. 
  • Deji been our best defender for about the 12th game in a row.
  • edited February 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    One shot one goal for them? Defence letting us down again.
    Communication between Purrington and Amos cost us there. 
    Their winger had the freedom of the park to pick a cross out. Sloppy from Matthews and DJ.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!