Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Burton Albion | Tues 23rd Feb 2021 | 7pm

Comments

• Burton must be disappointed not to be in front - need to raise their game second half.
    Should also be relieved they're not well out of it at this stage
    They're playing Charlton - they know we can't defend and don't take chances.
  • Early goal this half please boys. And then another after that to be sure. 

Thank you. 
  • How the hell is our most creative player Deji??????????
  • Charlton saves 0.
    Burton saves 2.
  • The woodwork is not a shot on target. It's just not. So when we say it was unlucky to hit the crossbar, it wasn't unlucky. If there was some random bit of wood that moved around inside the goal frame that we kept hitting - that would be unlucky. Hitting the bar and posts is just not hitting the target (albeit nearly). Our strikers need better calibration.
    Absolutely this 
  • Hmm cant decide from Minto's analysis if Stockley is offside or not when Deji puts it in the net

Deji definitely isnt
  • Got to go to 442 and get chuks on
  • Curbs just said what I was thinking.
    We are playing wing backs and two wingers which is bizarre.
    Both DJ and Millar should be the guys out wide.
    No disrespect to Purrington and Matthews who are playing fine going forward.
  • Hmm cant decide from Minto's analysis if Stockley is offside or not when Deji puts it in the net

Deji definitely isnt
    Think Stockley was a hair ahead of the defence as the ball was played. Offside for me.
  • Oxford 0-1 Pompey
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Hmm cant decide from Minto's analysis if Stockley is offside or not when Deji puts it in the net

Deji definitely isnt
    Think Stockley was a hair ahead of the defence as the ball was played. Offside for me.
    Yeah I reckon VAR would have ruled him off
  • Curbs just said what I was thinking.
    We are playing wing backs and two wingers which is bizarre.
    Both DJ and Millar should be the guys out wide.
    No disrespect to Purrington and Matthews who are playing fine going forward.
    Pretty relieved he didn't mention any of the things I was thinking to be honest...
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Hmm cant decide from Minto's analysis if Stockley is offside or not when Deji puts it in the net

Deji definitely isnt
    Yeah I reckon VAR would have ruled him off
    VAR would have given a penalty.

To Burton.

And sent off Stockers.
  • Formation change with who we have on:

Amos
    Matthews Oshilaja Pearce Purrington
    Jaiyesimi Watson Pratley Millar
    Shinnie
    Stockley

Failing that one of Pratson for Aneke.
  • Their 17 playing Stockley onside, look at their positions relative to the edge of the penalty area. 
  • Matthews pulled back slightly there, but nothing given apart from a throw.
  • edited February 2021
    No changes.

Amos
    Pratley Pearce Oshilaja

Matthews Shinnie Watson Purrington

Jaiyesimi Stockley Millar
  • Pearce concedes a throw which is taken long, we clear, but a high ball is pumped in which Amos claims easily.
  • How is that not a corner??? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Purrington goes down the wing and thinks he's won a corner but the ref gives a goal kick.
  • No rhythm or dominance yet
  • Piss off ref, stop falling for their amateur dramatics
  • Valley11 said:
    No rhythm or dominance yet
    What? This season?
  • Burton are time wasting already. Been taking their time over throws & players going down left right & centre.
  • Got away with that there
  • More piss poor defending
  • Somehow got away with it then, couldn't tell as it was an occasion where we got too smart with the camera work
  • Great block by the Burton player!
  • Their number 9 the best centre back we’ve had all season with that block 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!