Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Buying streams

Whats the general consensus?  How many off you have stopped watching us now ?
I usually bought them, but I've wasted too much money on crap performances

Comments

• Ive the benefit of being able to use my CAFC Cash fpr these games so doesnt really feel like Im using any money for them. 

Regardless Id still purchase as love being able to watch Charlton, the result itself doesnt usually leave me angry anymore, certainly getting better emotionally if we lose and seeing it more as a game more than anything else
  • Sandgaard is investing millions into our club.
    I feel the least I can do is offer £10 a week to help support my club and our wonderful owner (as I can afford it),
    I can stream the games and have even known I was only going to be able to watch parts of certain games but I’ve still forked out every week because of what Covered End says above.

• Bought an international season ticket at the beginning of the year so will keep watching.
  • Just what we need, yet another thread asking if we are buying the streams or not. 
  • Can't stop buying the live stream. They have to turn it around soon......don't they?
  • Can't stop buying the live stream. They have to turn it around soon......don't they?
    Keep the faith. We're about to start our push for the playoffs.

The 2022 playoffs.
  • Will continue to watch all streams, though I don't think bowyer has got any chance or the ability to turn it around.  I'm interested in just how shite we can get.
  • Sponsored links:

• Of course. Surprised anyone is asking. A few fickle fans about, but what ever our opinions on matters we remain Charlton fans united in supporting our club.
  • I will continue to buy the streams as even though we have been dross I always start thinking the day before the match that this game is where it all clicks. It the hope that kills you lol

Plus tbh I also see it as a very small way of supporting TS if he is willing to put a few million in then I'm willing to stick my few quid in. It's all relative after all 🤭
  • I haven't stopped watching, I'll buy some, I won't buy some others. Like I have done all season. 

Nothing to do with the quality of viewing on offer but at the same time I don't feel obliged to buy/watch them either. 
  • Still watching, as while the matches have been disappointing, the overall programme is very good

And as the cost (£10 in CAFC cash) is lot less than the cost per game of my ST, it makes it a even easier decision.
  • I don't think I'm in a financial position to justify 100 quid on something that's a let down  :smile:
  • I don't think I'm in a financial position to justify 100 quid on something that's a let down  :smile:
    But if we start winning it will be justified?
  • Its only its £460 for the season - peanuts really. I’ll carry on buying it, but must admit it’s more background noise of late. 
    But if we start winning it will be justified?
    Yes, why would I spend 10 quid to watch our terrible football. I'm still keeping track off the games.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm still buying ( out of my season ticket money ) but I can’t help feeling it’s like paying to watch a car crash at times . 
  • 100% yes - Can’t decide you ain’t a fan when you are losing 
  • RichyB2 said:
    100% yes - Can’t decide you ain’t a fan when you are losing 
    No you can't.  At the same time I suspect that most, not all, aren't saying "I won't watch because we are losing".  It's more can I spend that time/money better.

I don't think anyone is suggesting they will sit in front of a blank screen on Saturday for 2 hours and burn a £10 note rather than watching it?  Or even actually want to watch it but I refuse to. 

People's personal circumstances dictate how much time and money you can afford.  It doesn't make you more, or less, of a fan. 
  • Not bought one all season. Only time I’ve seen us was in the flesh against Wimbledon and even with a restricted crowd it was good to be there as it should be.

When we get back to some sort of normality at the start of next season, I will be there but watching it on a stream is not for me. 

• i was watching until last couple of games. I have been unemployed for a while and have decided to spend my money elsewhere rather than watch shit football.
  • I’m still buying, though I have to admit I get thoroughly bored with the football we are playing and I potter around and glimpse at the screen. If Tommie can invest then I feel I should to. But Christ the football is boring . Worse than under Robinson.
  • Lockdowns depressing enough without the Bowyer masterclass!   Haven’t bought the last couple! 
  • Whats the general consensus?  How many off you have stopped watching us now ?
    I usually bought them, but I've wasted too much money on crap performances
    Meh.