Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Buying streams

Comments

• Options
    Out of curiosity might be interesting to see when people buy. You can now do that at the last minute and beyond. Reminds me of a last minute decision to rock up at the turnstile pre the days of ticketing. 

Suspect a number do buy late / when temptation kicks in. 

I just hope the option in some form at least remains post pandemic. The reality is physical attendance is not always an option for some and the chance to watch away games is very welcome in the modern world where many are ‘time poor’. 
    As I've been using my CAFC Cash (now there's no fee) and that has to be done a certain period before the match, I can't leave it until the last minute!
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:
    I'm in, I was nearly out, but I'm in.
    So, you used to be indecisive, now not so sure :)
  • Options
     Can’t help myself, watching Charlton is in my blood. If I can’t attend, it’s available and I can afford it, I will watch, despite the dire form. And to be fair I’ve trudged down to the Valley, and many uninspiring away games, on cold, wet, appalling nights and watched worse too many times. Remember those old 3rd Division games in the 70’s with a Covered end a quarter full chanting “I’ve seen better f@#%ing football on the Heath”!!
    It was crap, but I still went. And in comparison, sitting in the comfort of my home, shouting at the tv, hoping LB and certain players can hear me, is mild in comparison. And it supports the FUTURE Charlton in my own little way. Mind you not sure my mental health is in a good place right now. COYR!!
  • Options
    Crafty57 said:
     Can’t help myself, watching Charlton is in my blood. If I can’t attend, it’s available and I can afford it, I will watch, despite the dire form. And to be fair I’ve trudged down to the Valley, and many uninspiring away games, on cold, wet, appalling nights and watched worse too many times. Remember those old 3rd Division games in the 70’s with a Covered end a quarter full chanting “I’ve seen better f@#%ing football on the Heath”!!
    It was crap, but I still went. And in comparison, sitting in the comfort of my home, shouting at the tv, hoping LB and certain players can hear me, is mild in comparison. And it supports the FUTURE Charlton in my own little way. Mind you not sure my mental health is in a good place right now. COYR!!
    Well said - resistance is futile
  • Options
    Out of curiosity might be interesting to see when people buy. You can now do that at the last minute and beyond. Reminds me of a last minute decision to rock up at the turnstile pre the days of ticketing. 

I just hope the option in some form at least remains post pandemic. The reality is physical attendance is not always an option for some and the chance to watch away games is very welcome in the modern world where many are ‘time poor’. 
    As I've been using my CAFC Cash (now there's no fee) and that has to be done a certain period before the match, I can't leave it until the last minute!
    Fair comment. 

Still think it would be interesting analysis for the club to see buying patterns /behaviour and how to maximise the sales. 

I Imagine the trick is to get people to commit earlier in the week to guarantee the income rather than risk a change of plan. So today you might possibly  lose some sales to the weather where people take their daily walk as the sun is out whereas on a miserable day watching the football is a better option. 

I do wonder also if the slightly earlier evening kick offs loses a few people too. 

Might equally show nothing. No doubt the club do look at this all anyway. 

It’s just curious to me

• Options

Fair comment. 

Still think it would be interesting analysis for the club to see buying patterns /behaviour and how to maximise the sales. 

I Imagine the trick is to get people to commit earlier in the week to guarantee the income rather than risk a change of plan. So today you might possibly  lose some sales to the weather where people take their daily walk as the sun is out whereas on a miserable day watching the football is a better option. 

I do wonder also if the slightly earlier evening kick offs loses a few people too. 

Might equally show nothing. No doubt the club do look at this all anyway. 

It’s just curious to me

Just checked and Tuesday's game at Wigan is a 6pm one. That kickoff time might prevent a few people watching
  • Options
    I have found the streams difficult to watch as they have often been a bit laggy / maybe poor frame rate kind of thing. However, I used Chrome last Tuesday and was able to watch our abject performance perfectly !!
  • Options
    Surely it’s worth paying for the streams just so can come on here afterwards and have a moan up! 😂 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely it’s worth paying for the streams just so can come on here afterwards and have a moan up! 😂 
    People don't need to watch the games for that!
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    People don't need to watch the games for that!
    Though in fairness they should if the moan is about the game.
  • Options
    Some of us have been having a Zoom call while watching these games. During the last game we were talking about how unbearable it would be just watching on our own. At least with others there we have a laugh in a morbidly humorous way. If we hadn't been doing this I think I'd have stopped buying the stream quite a few games ago.

Having said that I've found something better to do today!
  • Options
    It’s a duty to watch. Charlton is for life not just the Premiership. 
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    Some of us have been having a Zoom call while watching these games. During the last game we were talking about how unbearable it would be just watching on our own. At least with others there we have a laugh in a morbidly humorous way. If we hadn't been doing this I think I'd have stopped buying the stream quite a few games ago.

Hope she’s worth it 😉
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Such a good idea and didn't even cross my mind. I might try and set up a call for an evening game.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Laughing my arse off at Kevin Lisbie's story that he scored his first Prem goal wearing Jon Fortune's boots, which were two sizes too small, because his own boots were in the car when it had got towed away.
  • Options
    Watching today first time in ages, good luck charm so we should win. Good lineup as well
  • Options
    I'm in, couldn't stop myself and wouldn't want to. 
  • Options
    Can't make it every week but am in today. Scott Minto is very good isn't he? Enjoying it - but the football hasn't started yet!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Young Kevin Lisbie is 42!!!
  • Options
    boggzy said:

I've thought about this but aren't people 10 or 15 seconds behind/in front of each other?
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    boggzy said:

I've thought about this but aren't people 10 or 15 seconds behind/in front of each other?
    Yes this does happen, but prob about 4-5 second max in general. Sometimes someone might get about 10-15 secs behind and they just refresh the feed.
    It's actually not too distracting.. for me anyway.

It can actually be quite amusung listening to people's reactoons etc, maybe again it's the morbid humour at the moment.

No-one has sky/updates or anything that might give away a goal turned on.

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Laughing my arse off at Kevin Lisbie's story that he scored his first Prem goal wearing Jon Fortune's boots, which were two sizes too small, because his own boots were in the car when it had got towed away.
    Like a lot of us, loved the pre show stuff and great to see Lisbie and his goals, and reminded us that he got a good deal of well taken goals, regarding Fortunes boots, very funny and shows his adaptability, they were in fact 2 sizes too BIG, he takes 9 and Fortunes were 11,so must have been very strange for him
  • Options
    I'll watch the pre match stuff on twitter from now on until Bowyer goes. He certainly isn't killing the club, but he has killed the season. He is responsible for it and hasn't even got the courage to admit it. Why watch a team that he has destroyed and pay for the pleasure, or lack of it!
  • Options
    I had to resort to listening to the match whilst driving, on BBC Radio London, how does that Emma get a job reporting on football matches, I will never complain about the two Charlton guys (not that i ever have) after listening to her.  
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    I had to resort to listening to the match whilst driving, on BBC Radio London, how does that Emma get a job reporting on football matches, I will never complain about the two Charlton guys (not that i ever have) after listening to her.  
    I caught some of this, appalling commentary. Surprised that “Morts” didn’t know why we kick towards The Jimmy Seed stand first half......... “Because it brings us luck” 🤷‍♂️ 
  • Options
    I'm looking to rent a brook. To be honest, I thought I might get some decent info in a thread about 'Buying streams', but no luck so far.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I'm looking to rent a brook. To be honest, I thought I might get some decent info in a thread about 'Buying streams', but no luck so far.
    Far too deep  that joke
  • Options
    Bumping this oldie for some advice, please.

For the 1st time since last year, I'm looking to purchase the stream for tomorrow's match at Wigan "from my home in the Netherlands".

Our daughter advised that this method has caused her family some problems of late with other Addicks having problems too according to FB.

ANY help with this for us tomorrow would be greatly appreciated , thanks.