Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Buying streams

Comments

• Options
    I stopped buying them, too much other entertainment on or things to do fo free, for me not the same as being there live or having a crowd. Tbh i always wait to see the team sheet to see if it looks exciting and decide then. 
  • Options
    What was strange for me on Tuesday was for the first time this season I just didn't care. I was resigned to not beating the bottom club, not going up and Bowyer working through his endless list of excuses. Mind you, I did think the silver lining might be a managerial change. 

I have bought the stream for tomorrow but don't have the same expectations that I have had up to now. I am probably in the state of mind where I might have a good chuckle at Bowyer's latest excuse.
  • Options
    Its not that I'm bailing on us, i just don't see the benefit off the stream over commentary when it's terrible to watch
  • Options
    Love the streams. I hope we can continue to pay for them when crowds are back. I've no inclination to go miles up north so have seen more aways this season than ever. 
    If everybody had this attitude there will be no crowds.
  • Options
    I said I would stop buying ages ago but didn't, just heat of the moment. Sometimes it's so bad it's funny to watch in a way, plus I get to enjoy the fantastic pre match, half time & post show. I could listen to Curbs for a long time and the fantastic guests 

I do switch off though, find the match thread more interesting discussing the game etc, it's been background noise the past few games but happy to chuck a tenner at the club I love 
  • Options
    Every week I seem to say that’s it I’m out, but come match day I’m back in again!
  • Options
    Love the streams. I hope we can continue to pay for them when crowds are back. I've no inclination to go miles up north so have seen more aways this season than ever. 
    The streams have been going for international fans since long before COVID. You’ll just need a decent VPN to spoof your location when they start letting fans back in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I will always follow us, through thin and thinner. Plus I have and international season ticket, so I've already weighed out for it anyway...  ;)
  • Options
    I've been getting myself ridiculously stressed by watching lately. I said I wasn't going to watch last Saturday but did purely as Famewo was playing. Obviously regretted it.

As I appear to have no after effects of the vaccine jab yesterday I have agreed to go for a walk along the Thames this afternoon.

Will get a season ticket next season when normality returns, as I have done for 50 years. 

• Options
    Currently stuck deciding if this will be a VP day as I don't know of I'll be home in time.
  • Options
    Said I wouldn’t buy another stream if Bowyer remains, but of course I will. Expecting to have my afternoon / evening ruined again, but hey ho, that’s Charlton for you. At least the pre-show is entertaining, unlike the football.
  • Options
    FOMO. 
    Can’t watch today but have bought all the others. Bet they turn in a Man City style demolition of Blackpool today! Typical. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I buy a couple a month, there's been dross but it's nice to have something to build a lockdown weekend around. Having 3 hours to watch makes it worth £10, and I try not to get too carried away if we play badly. The only one that really got me was the inevitable Shrewsbury late goal, but I think reactions are worse because we don't have much to do but sit at home on the internet.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I will continue to watch MY TEAM. They may be crap, but they are still my team. I spent too many years boycotting Roland's mis-management to worry about a few poor results. Even when I wasn't going, I was listening to the radio or watching illegal streams, so I may as well buy kosher ones now. Think about it, what else are you going to do?  Jeff Stelling? 1970's Bond re-runs? You can't even go to Bluewater!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will keep on buying every single game, no matter what!
  • Options
    Out of curiosity might be interesting to see when people buy. You can now do that at the last minute and beyond. Reminds me of a last minute decision to rock up at the turnstile pre the days of ticketing. 

Suspect a number do buy late / when temptation kicks in. 

I just hope the option in some form at least remains post pandemic. The reality is physical attendance is not always an option for some and the chance to watch away games is very welcome in the modern world where many are ‘time poor’. 
  • Options
    Have paid for every game. Recently very hard to watch but you either support the team or not. Have Sky sports Bt sports Amazon Prime. Choices by the bucket load but as a supporter choose to pay £10 and see Charlton. Support the club.
  • Options
    I always really look forward to the streams, even more so now since Thomas Sandgaard has revolutionised Valley Pass. The show is tremendous, plus it brings some money into the club, offering some mitigation of the financial haemorrhage which we and all other clubs are suffering. I’m looking forward to today’s interview with Steve Avory and the feature on our Academy.

My oldest son is also a season ticket holder and in our bubble, so I either go over to his flat and watch it on his projector or he comes here. Such routines and rituals are important, as is having a few beers during the game. I find it serves to dull the pain if we play badly and increase the euphoria if we win. The draught Oakham Citra is being delivered around noon, so what’s not to like.
  • Options
    I'm in, I was nearly out, but I'm in.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Honestly the live streams are pretty much the focal point of my week currently (which is very depressing, but I’m just being honest). Because in normal times I would be going to all the homes and most weekend always I think still having the routine of a Saturday being about Charlton is a nice link back to reality. The routine brings some structure to my life too, and I appreciate that we’ve kept our home kick off times at 3pm. 
    Same here. In this time when most activities are restricted, it's nice to have the routine of games in the calendar. Something to "plan your day around"