Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Londoner who said he's had a few options but is waiting for the right project and people...
  • Options
    801912601 said:
    Would like to think there are better options out there. Paul Cook has a better record for one
    I'd be delighted with either to be honest. Probably my first & second choices that we could realistically get
  • Options
    No thanks. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gareth Ainsworth or Paul Cook.
  • Options
    I think Paul Cook is the type of manager we should be looking at. 
  • Options
    I don’t know what it is, there’s just something about Cowley I’m just not convinced by. 
    From the likes clearly many agree - some must have reasons?

I feel the same about Cook based on absolutely nothing.
  • Options
    I don’t know what it is, there’s just something about Cowley I’m just not convinced by. 
    This, 100% better out there 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    The standard of football would be akin to what we are seeing now.

id rather someone like Jason Tindall.  Young and up and coming.  Learned from Eddie Howe.  Started his career at Charlton.  
    Cowley is the same age.

Tindell has had half a season as a manager and got sacked. Cowley has managed over 600 games and won over 300. He has got promoted at least twice and won at least one cup competition

some might see Huddersfield as a failure but they had 1 point from 8 games when he took over. His Huddersfield record was mid table. They are looking nervously over their shoulder again this season Without him.

im not sure why so many people on here are against him.
    This.

So many people want ex- Charlton players who have little or no experience instead of someone with a great track record, esp of getting out of this division. 
    Who are these managers with a great track record of getting out of this division? If they’re that good why do they keep getting League 1 jobs despite numerous promotions?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

id rather someone like Jason Tindall.  Young and up and coming.  Learned from Eddie Howe.  Started his career at Charlton.  
    he's just been SACKED as a failure ..or is it that he has a distant relationship with CAFC ? .. we might as well stick with Bowyer
  • Options
    This, 100% better out there 
    Yet you have not named any. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Is that Tindall who got sacked just 6 months into managing a newly relegated prem club in the championship? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is a distinct lack of good managers out of work at the moment . I think we might have to get creative and look for a manager who is in work and Tap him up . 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    The Cowley's did a good job at Lincoln and (for a while) a decent job at Huddersfield, I wonder how they'd cope in the current febrile situation at CAFC and with taking over a disjointed, totally out of form group of footballers.
     Paul Cook has proved to be a good manager, BUT he quit Wigan as soon as the going got very tough and it's interesting that  he has disappeared from the 'most wanted' lists (LOL) .. perhaps there is a bad smell of disloyalty about him, remember that he also quit Portsmouth without much notice to go to his 'beloved' Wigan.
    Sandy might have to resort to paying big compensation to get 'the right man;. For my part, I think a foreign manager might be the answer.
    A tough German or Dane like the ones who have done a job at Brentford, Southampton, Barnsley etc. Problem is I can't name one ((:>)
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Uninspiring. Bog standard league manager who people would soon be complaining about. The next appointment should be one for the long term.
    The chances of having a long term, successful, manager are almost zero.  Eddie Howes and Alan Curbishleys come a long once in a life time.  The fact we had 2 almost back to back is a statistical miracle.

Most managers "lose it" after about 3 years.

The next manager should have the target of staying in the championship within 3 seasons.  If they get poached in the mean time so be it.

Loads of clubs get themselves in trouble by giving the manager long contracts after a few good results. 
  • Options
    I’d back that. I attended a non-league game when he was manager of Lincoln. I stood behind him and didn’t like his attitude and the way he handled a couple of interactions with the ref, crowd and opposition bench.
  • Options
    Worth noting Bowyer is currently the 19th longest serving manager out the 92 clubs 
  • Options
    Read Paul cook is lined up for Ipswich if their takeover happens, Lambert even joked about it
  • Options
    I’m pretty certain the next manager won’t be British 
  • Options
    I think the next manager is up to Sandgaard and most likely Roddy. It is probably best he has his own man in, whoever that will be. 
  • Options
    Gareth Ainsworth or Paul Cook.
    I was also thinking of Garett Ainsworth.
    He has done really well at Wycombe. Not dissimilar to Chris Wilder at Northampton before he took over at Sheffield Utd.
  • Options
    He wouldn't jump ship now, but what about Paul Warne in the summer?

Twice got Rotherham promoted, has struggled to keep them in the Championship but won plaudits for how his team plays and would surely love to be in charge of a bigger, wealthier club