Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny cowley - wants to return to management

124»

Comments

• Options
    He's just been mentioned on another thread but I wonder (and am surprised he hasnt already been mentioned) if Daniel Stendal would be a target? 
    Perfect timing as we play Joey Barton's Bristol Rovers on the 16th March!
  • Options
    He's just been mentioned on another thread but I wonder (and am surprised he hasnt already been mentioned) if Daniel Stendal would be a target? 
    Would be such a romantic reunion for them
  • Options
    Stendel would be nice, i like these new german coaches 
  • Options
    Would be such a romantic reunion for them
    He shares my birthday, so that's a positive :smile:
  • Options
    I’d take the Cowley’s all day long! Not sure of the football style but it’s effective and if it gets us out of this shit league next season so be it. Guessing TS and GR will have a list if Bowyer is let go. I still can’t see it happening any time soon though! 
  • Options
    Probably too late for Cook here now then

• Options
    Would imagine Roddy would put together a short list for himself and TS to decide upon!  Wouldn’t be surprised to see a young premier league assistant or academy coach get the gig for some reason. 
  • Options
    Too many of you already talking like Bowyer will definitely be on his way......I’d say that’s highly speculative.
    Highly speculative? Maybe if we’re talking about him going in the next week but I’d be hugely shocked if he’s our manager next season. 
  • Options
    aSoundAsa£ said:
    Too many of you already talking like Bowyer will definitely be on his way......I’d say that’s highly speculative.
    Highly speculative? Maybe if we’re talking about him going in the next week but I’d be hugely shocked if he’s our manager next season. 
    There’s many people in the background at The Valley and Sparrows Lane who will be well aware of all that’s gone on since Wembley and the restraints under which he and  the coaching staff have had to operate and Thomas will listen to what they have to say more than anyone else.
    He knows full well that Bow and Gallen had one hand......no both hands in fact......tied behing their backs in assembling this current squad.
    Give him/them a decent kitty and see what they can do, they deserve to be given a chance.
    They have done it before and I see no reason why they can’t do it again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SoundAsa£ said: 
    aSoundAsa£ said:
    There’s many people in the background at The Valley and Sparrows Lane who will be well aware of all that’s gone on since Wembley and the restraints under which he and  the coaching staff have had to operate and Thomas will listen to what they have to say more than anyone else.
    He knows full well that Bow and Gallen had one hand......no both hands in fact......tied behing their backs in assembling this current squad.
    Give him/them a decent kitty and see what they can do, they deserve to be given a chance.
    I would agree, in fact do to a point. Expecting Bowyer and Gallen to build a promotion winning squad was a huge ask. I think the good run raised expectations, probably unrealistically. 

If I believed Bowyer could turn it around I’d be up for writing this season off, even if we underachieved. I just don’t have the faith that he can do it, he’s changed too much. The players might not be good enough but I don’t believe they are as bad as they are showing. He’s slagging players off and looks completely devoid of ideas. Overhauling the squad will help but I also don’t have the confidence in Bowyers ability to build a strong enough squad nor keep the players happy enough 
  • Options
    I give Jurgen Klopps brother, Clipperty a chance.!
  • Options

Get this fella back from New York , he rocks the Sarf London look , so it’s a yes from me 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    aSoundAsa£ said:
    I’d like to think that Gallen would stay even if Bowyer left. I think he has done a great job in vey difficult circumstances. I don’t blame him for the team’s failings.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Would imagine Roddy would put together a short list for himself and TS to decide upon!  Wouldn’t be surprised to see a young premier league assistant or academy coach get the gig for some reason. 
    This is what I expect, someone that would definitely get a few who's and people scampering for Google,but would fit the profile of what TS and Roddy want long term. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    MattF said:

Been reading about that on BBC Sport and Lambert said he may have been replaced anyway as there's talk of a takeover at Ipswich.

Wonder if it's any of the usual suspects or another fake sheikh?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    iaitch said:
    MattF said:

Been reading about that on BBC Sport and Lambert said he may have been replaced anyway as there's talk of a takeover at Ipswich.

Wonder if it's any of the usual suspects or another fake sheikh?
    Nope American based group that own a lower league team in Phoenix . Was rumours Drogba might be involved somewhere as he finished his career there.

They'll be serious challengers next year along with the influx of cash at Sunderland
  • Options
    They're only a couple of points from the playoffs after winning their last two games so may go up this season.

Wouldn't we love to win two games in a row? 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    This is what I expect, someone that would definitely get a few who's and people scampering for Google,but would fit the profile of what TS and Roddy want long term. 
    Would it ? A gamble on an unknown when we’re led to believe we’ll be playing European football in ten years ? 

Let’s get the best available is my view. If no one is good enough from the U.K. then let’s get in a good foreign coach. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Fits what I suspect the profile will be 
    Would question his time at Hearts but guess someone like @cafcdave123 would know more about his time there
    he came in and got some of the players he wanted but missed out on others, didn't have an amazing start but I'm confident we would have stayed up and got better under him with a proper pre season as he needed to completely change the way we were playing (hence the non amazing start).

unfortunately we stopped playing in march and were relegated, there was a relegation get out clause in his contract that either party could trigger, hearts triggered it and got Robbie Nielsen back.

when we went into lockdown and play was suspended he insisted that he wasn't paid in order to make sure that everyone on the non playing side was paid in full.

his stay at hearts was just at a terrible time and no one is to blame for that.

not that I want rid of LB or RN I would happily have him at Charlton or back at Hearts.
  • Options
    Russell Martin is who I’d want if I was an Ipswich fan/any top L1 club looking for their next manager. He’s doing a blinding job of building out the MKD squad with quality players. Wouldn’t be surprised if he has them comfortably top six next season.
  • Options
    I don’t know what it is, there’s just something about Cowley I’m just not convinced by. 
    You've probably found that guys with that first name are a bit dodgy.
  • Options
    Russell Martin is who I’d want if I was an Ipswich fan/any top L1 club looking for their next manager. He’s doing a blinding job of building out the MKD squad with quality players. Wouldn’t be surprised if he has them comfortably top six next season.
    His Norwich connection probably rules that out for at least some of their fans?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    His Norwich connection probably rules that out for at least some of their fans?
    It's the main reason they didn't like Lambert, from the start. 
  • Options
    They signed Josh McKeachran yesterday, someone on here kept going on about him.