Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2021/22

Comments

• Options
    The Dallas Cowboys Training Campus @ Frisco Texas

https://youtu.be/tO-jS5YYqeY
  • Options
    The Dallas Cowboys Training Campus @ Frisco Texas

https://youtu.be/tO-jS5YYqeY
    This was probably the best bit from this years Hard Knocks!
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Do you have the option to watch the Manning brothers broadcast in the U.K.? https://youtu.be/pShaErUXpEs
  • Options
    Do you have the option to watch the Manning brothers broadcast in the U.K.? https://youtu.be/pShaErUXpEs
    No we don’t (at least it isn’t shown on Sky) - can’t even watch that highlights video here!
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Getting this in early. Herbert is the best of any QB to enter the league in the last 10 years. I loved Philly Rivers. But Herbert has the most insane arm strength AND accuracy as well as no histrionics, you can see he is fully focussed on his job. 
    Alarming for the raiders that our WR duo haven’t got going yet but as the raiders have shown so far this season, they get going in the second half. 
    Yeah this is a meteoric take. Russell Wilson and Patrick Mahomes are obviously better and that's just two guys off the top of my head.

Herbert hasn't even played 20 games, has he?

Time will tell - and I do think he's the real deal - but... nah, you can't justify getting it in THAT early!
    I may have jumped the gun in the excitement of going 21-0 against the Raiders. 
    Interesting you point out he hasn’t played 20 games. I saw a stat this morning that he is the fastest QB I the Super Bowl era to reach 500 completions…in 19 games. 

The only thing I would say is Mahomes had the chance to sit for a year and learn the scheme behind Alex Smith who was a model pro. He has also benefited from having two generational talents in Kelce and Hill. Not doubting he is unbelievable. For me I just think Herbert has shown the absolute complete package in intelligence, power, poise, accuracy and playmaking ability. 

• Options
    edited October 2021
    https://deadspin.com/don-t-let-urban-meyer-quit-fire-him-1847803486

This writer isn't getting any splinters in his ass over Urban Meyer. 
  • Options
    Older college coaches don’t really work in the NFL. Their used to working in an environment where there is little oversight and the players have no power. They basically get to do whatever they want. They also get team rosters of over 100 players. 

Then they get to the NFL and find they have both a salary cap and a limit of a 53 man roster. They have league rules that are enforced, a players union to complain about breaches of rules, players who have opinions and an owner who calls the shots. They old guys can’t adapt. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    In the stadium early for today’s Pats game so I thought I do a quick to for you

One of the bars for the cheap seats

View from the standing room only section 

A couple of pictures of the training fields behind the stadium - plus the owners helipad

Boston is over there behind the trees

View from my seat during the warm ups 

Am I missing something here?  The Patriots are in New England.  New England is the NE coast where it rains and snows a lot of the winter and they have a stadium of uncovered seats?!  Or is this the fine weather one and they have another one to play in when the weather's bad?
    No, that’s the only stadium. 

Think I mentioned previously that I went to a game on New Year’s Eve a couple of years ago and the temperature was -13c, with windchill it felt like -23c. Literally the coldest I’ve ever been in my life. Icicles formed in my beer between the time it took me to buy it and get back to my seat. We came prepared, thermal underwear, those little sachets you put in your shoes to keep your feet warm, the works and it was still atrocious. By the third quarter my wife was in tears and watched the rest of the game on TV from the concourse. I was determined to stick it out because the tickets had cost quite a lot of money!
    Sounds exactly like my trip to Chicago a few years ago. 
  • Options
    You can on Gamepass 
  • Options
    By the way, Lamar will be MVP. Again. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jaylon Smith cut by the Cowboys. Interesting move.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    In the stadium early for today’s Pats game so I thought I do a quick to for you

One of the bars for the cheap seats

View from the standing room only section 

A couple of pictures of the training fields behind the stadium - plus the owners helipad

Boston is over there behind the trees

View from my seat during the warm ups 

Am I missing something here?  The Patriots are in New England.  New England is the NE coast where it rains and snows a lot of the winter and they have a stadium of uncovered seats?!  Or is this the fine weather one and they have another one to play in when the weather's bad?
    No, that’s the only stadium. 

Think I mentioned previously that I went to a game on New Year’s Eve a couple of years ago and the temperature was -13c, with windchill it felt like -23c. Literally the coldest I’ve ever been in my life. Icicles formed in my beer between the time it took me to buy it and get back to my seat. We came prepared, thermal underwear, those little sachets you put in your shoes to keep your feet warm, the works and it was still atrocious. By the third quarter my wife was in tears and watched the rest of the game on TV from the concourse. I was determined to stick it out because the tickets had cost quite a lot of money!
    Yep, proper football. No shade if it’s hot and sunny, no shelter if it’s raining or snowing - and the fans want it that way. Same in Buffalo. 

We’ve been at a game where the head on the beer froze and you had to crack it. 

People are just used to it and dress accordingly - unless you’re an unsuspecting tourist. We start the season in shorts and a tshirt and end up dressed like we’re off on an expedition to the arctic - which can be warmer. 
  • Options
    Jaylon Smith cut by the Cowboys. Interesting move.
    Looks like he’s going to the Packers.
  • Options
    Anyone else at the game today? Not a classic but just nice to be able to go again.
  • Options
    I genuinely feel for Detroit there. Gutsy as hell to go for the 2 point conversion a few minutes ago too. 
  • Options
    Crosby needs to check his cleats, maybe he's got them on the wrong feet? 27 straight kicks and now he's missed 3 in a row
  • Options
    Wild ending to the early games on redzone. Well I say ending the Packers and Bengals want to play until Monday.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Wild ending to the early games on redzone. Well I say ending the Packers and Bengals want to play until Monday.

Beginning to look like an England penalty shootout, except both teams look like England :-)
  • Options
    Looks like Barkley is done for a few weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chargers 4-1. That is all. 
  • Options
    That was a bonkers game 
  • Options
    Only team to keep the Cowboys to fewer than 29 points so far.

29 vs Bucs
    20 vs Chargers
    41 vs Eagles
    36 vs Panthers
    44 vs Giants
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Only team to keep the Cowboys to fewer than 29 points so far.

29 vs Bucs
    20 vs Chargers
    41 vs Eagles
    36 vs Panthers
    44 vs Giants
    I felt for the Giants. They were starting to make a game of it then losing Saquan and Daniel Jones was a rotten bit of luck. 

Convinced the chiefs have been sussed. Deep safeties and don’t blitz, just contain to prevent Mahomes scrambling and prevent the deep ball. 

Herbert stat of the week - has 11x 300+ yard games. The most of any QB in first two seasons. Breaking a tie by Dan Marino and Mahomes. 

There’s still 12 games left…
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Although Mahomes barely played first season
  • Options
    Chargers are such a fun team to watch rn. A quality QB, weapons all over the field and a coach that isn’t afraid to take risks. 

With luck on their side I think they could really make a deep run in the playoffs.
  • Options
    Chargers were handed the win against the Browns thanks to some awful referee decisions though. 

Good team but don't think they've got the defense to go deep into the play offs. 
  • Options
    Defensively they looked a bit dead in the last Q, Chubb and Hunt had killed them with the run, and Baker looked good despite being banged up. saying that, Herbert is special and some of the throws where just outrageous in the forth 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Defensively they looked a bit dead in the last Q, Chubb and Hunt had killed them with the run, and Baker looked good despite being banged up. saying that, Herbert is special and some of the throws where just outrageous in the forth 
    They were dead all game. 

Baker killed them in the first half, and then Chubb and Hunt in the second. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Chargers were handed the win against the Browns thanks to some awful referee decisions though. 

Good team but don't think they've got the defense to go deep into the play offs. 
    The PI call was an absolute disgrace