Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

39 days until pub gardens reopen

Comments

• Options
    Can anyone recommend a pub open in the City, near to Tower Hill, for some leaving drinks with a colleague? We've got a table booked for burgers but are only allowed to stay for an hour and a half, and we're trying to avoid drinking cans on a bench by the river! 
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    Can anyone recommend a pub open in the City, near to Tower Hill, for some leaving drinks with a colleague? We've got a table booked for burgers but are only allowed to stay for an hour and a half, and we're trying to avoid drinking cans on a bench by the river! 

The Minories, by Tower Gateway DLR, big beer garden.
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    The brewdog bar up there would be my shout
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Wilma said:
    The brewdog bar up there would be my shout
    We're booked in there for burgers and beers but only allowed the table for 90 minutes. We couldn't get into The Minories so now have a table reserved at a cocktail bar near my office. 
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    Pricey, but maybe the roof top bars in the hotels are open nearby like the double tree on pepys street.
  • Options

£26 for 4 pints, I'll not be coming back here again.
  • Options
    It looks like a monstrosity from the outside, although I believe decent inside.
  • Options
    Enjoyed a few Becks with a fellow addick in a country pub, bloomin marvelous. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Before the Tate Modern was built and the South bank of the Thames became trendy, the prices there used to be quite reasonable...
  • Options

Be fair Elfs it could be 4 for £4 and youd still get a nose bleed
  • Options
    It looks like a monstrosity from the outside, although I believe decent inside.
    It has a cracking view overlooking the Thames and St Pauls.  
    We were not even given heaters!
  • Options

Before the Tate Modern was built and the South bank of the Thames became trendy, the prices there used to be quite reasonable...
    I was in the Tate beforehand.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Be fair Elfs it could be 4 for £4 and youd still get a nose bleed
    I'm not buying another drink in 2021 mate.
  • Options

My first post lockdown pub pint, I couldn't resist especially when the pub had so many outside tables. Rebellion Overthrow, £4.20 I think

The pub is famous for being near Chequers and thus popular with Prime Ministers

• Options
    3hr stint booked at the Shortlands Tavern tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Good choice.
  • Options
    I was there last Wednesday. The garden is covered by a corrugated roof so take your coat as the sun doen't get in.

The only beers they had on draft were Timothy Taylor Landlord and Bexley Brewery Amber ale. Guinness and various lagers were on too.

• Options

It's hard work getting a drink nowadays.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First time at a pub since lockdown, the King's Head in Staplehurst. Two pints of Masterbrew - cask ale tastes so much better than bottled beer. Back on Friday for a birthday dinner.
  • Options
    Has anyone done any evenings out? 

Personally I have zero interest sitting out in the cold. Walked past a restaurant about 8 last night, saw a couple eating dinner with duffle coats zipped right up. 

Are places doing an evening trade?

• Options
    Has anyone done any evenings out? 

Personally I have zero interest sitting out in the cold. Walked past a restaurant about 8 last night, saw a couple eating dinner with duffle coats zipped right up. 

Are places doing an evening trade?

I do wonder if outdoor eating / drinking in all weathers will become more of the norm.

I've seen a few people obviously going to the pub armed with blankets and I've eaten and drunk outside in plenty of ski resorts where its parky to say the least.

As they say, there's no such think as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing...
  • Options
    Pubs around here have been busy every night. 

For St George’s day yesterday, we had 4hrs in one pub from 2.30pm and then from 7pm till closing in another which all 60 tables were full all night, they had a band on and a pizza can doing a roaring trade. It was cold, even with the beer coat.
  • Options
    Pubs around here have been busy every night. 

For St George’s day yesterday, we had 4hrs in one pub from 2.30pm and then from 7pm till closing in another which all 60 tables were full all night, they had a band on and a pizza can doing a roaring trade. It was cold, even with the beer coat.
    Bet you felt tremendous this morning mate!
  • Options
    Don’t.... first sesh/hangover since my lad arrived. Not pretty.
  • Options
    Where is that @IdleHans
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    Where is that @IdleHans
    George and Dragon, Wargrave in Berkshire. I live about 200 yards away.
    It survives on its great location, service has always been poor. I thought booking and table service might improve that, but after just 45 minutes the waitress said they'd be wanting the table back, despite there being plenty free. Unlike other booking systems, theirs didn't ask how long you want to book for nor give any indication of a time limit.
    We said we'd stay until the other tables were full, and we got more beer, but they haven't worked their system out at all.

Went to two places in Henley afterwards, and everything worked much better there.