Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

39 days until pub gardens reopen

Comments

• Options
    Just back from first proper family meal for over a year at The Fighting Cocks in Horton Kirby 

first time in pub since re-opened. 

Felt just like old times, no strangeness at all. 
  • Options
    Yesterday had my first indoor pub visit since the easing of lockdown. All very civilised and efficient
  • Options
    I've been inside a couple of pubs, a restaurant and the cinema twice.
    All seems normal apart from wearing a mask when moving about.
  • Options
    Havent seen one of my mates for a few months so we said lets go out for a beer on Friday... so went to book a slot at the Daylight in Petts Wood.

Oh, fully booked this Friday, and next, and the week after that...and the next one... oh I can book a table in bloody July.  Like WTF!
    Having to go for a steak in Aqua Friday lunchtime now FFS.

• Options
    Our turn tonight, meal out at a Miller and Carter,  70th birthday for a good friend who I've converted into a Charlton season ticket holder for the last 10years,  Let's hope we're all back at the valley asap thumping that massive club on route to a great season. 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Havent seen one of my mates for a few months so we said lets go out for a beer on Friday... so went to book a slot at the Daylight in Petts Wood.

Oh, fully booked this Friday, and next, and the week after that...and the next one... oh I can book a table in bloody July.  Like WTF!

I went to Sovereign of the Seas followed by a steak in Aqua.
    Medium steak was so burnt it was unreal.
    After 15 months I couldn't be bothered to complain.
  • Options
    So our pubs/restaurants will be allowed to open for outside dining/drinking on 7th June.

Well that’s handy as all the hotels/B&Bs/self catering are opening on 2nd June.

Which means we won’t have a cat in hells chance of getting anywhere near one as West Cork will be full of staycationers (that’s folk from Cork City & Dublin).

Ah well 😣
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Do you have to book for the Soverign or is it a free-for-all?

You was unlucky with Aqua then.  We went for my wife's birthday at the beginning of May and the food was really good.  It has improved no end from when they first opened.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    A lot of pubs, during the quiet periods of the week, may not be open or might not open the kitchen, so it's worth checking this out before finalising arrangements. The same pubs will then be fully booked at the weekend  :D
  • Options
    Spent Friday night in the River Ale House...went in 'for a couple of hours' at 5ish.....last to leave at kicking out time (think it was about 11.30pm...)... Straight into Morleys just a few doors along... Back to the 'good old days'...quite a slow day on Saturday....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

You was unlucky with Aqua then.  We went for my wife's birthday at the beginning of May and the food was really good.  It has improved no end from when they first opened.
    There's no booking for Weatherspoons.
    We went Monday (on purpose) and got a table at 7pm, there were a few vacant (on a Monday).
  • Options
    Me and mates did some research last week for possible pubs for Euro games. Pubs are filling up fast in Greenwich with some having no seats left for the 3 England group games. 

Had to laugh at Belushi’s who are charging £30 per person for England games. I think you get 2 drink tokens with that too. 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

There's no booking for Weatherspoons.
    We went Monday (on purpose) and got a table at 7pm, there were a few vagrants (on a Monday).
    Not surprised, Spoons innit 
  • Options
    Me and mates did some research last week for possible pubs for Euro games. Pubs are filling up fast in Greenwich with some having no seats left for the 3 England group games. 

Had to laugh at Belushi’s who are charging £30 per person for England games. I think you get 2 drink tokens with that too. 
    Lots of pubs are charging for tables. I’ve paid £20pp for a local pub for the Scotland game (couple of jugs for tables and snacks)
  • Options

Did you find anywhere you don’t have to pay for?

I looked around a few weeks ago and couldn’t believe the amount of places booked up already. I was looking at the big, obvious places and didn’t look in Greenwich but still. 
  • Options

Did you find anywhere you don’t have to pay for?

I looked around a few weeks ago and couldn’t believe the amount of places booked up already. I was looking at the big, obvious places and didn’t look in Greenwich but still. 
    Yup, The Mitre and Richard The First weren’t charging for tables. 
  • Options

Lots of pubs are charging for tables. I’ve paid £20pp for a local pub for the Scotland game (couple of jugs for tables and snacks)
    Seems pretty reasonable to me 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Out tonight with my boys and some of my mates - booth in the pub booked for food and DRINK. My first pint of draft black nectar since March last year will be sliding down my neck (at pace) in about an hour's time.

It's been a long time!
    Raise a toast to @DOUCHER
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Cyprianis is head and shoulders beter than Aqua in my opinion. Also, at lunchtime, you can just walk into the Daylight Robbery without booking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2021
    So, what are the rules indoors in a pub? 

Masks? Not anything you’d do, except me. 
    Table service? Not really.

Would I go again, no.

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Out tonight with my boys and some of my mates - booth in the pub booked for food and DRINK. My first pint of draft black nectar since March last year will be sliding down my neck (at pace) in about an hour's time.

It's been a long time!
    Raise a toast to @DOUCHER

I always support the true supporters.

I remained remarkably sober but that first pint of Guinness was very special!
  • Options

In Skehans, over in Nunhead.  All very sensible, able to go to the bar, get your pint and find a table. You have to sanitise and wear a mask wondering around but a big improvement to elsewhere.
    My Charlton face covering disturbed the locals though!
  • Options
    edited June 2021

In Skehans, over in Nunhead.  All very sensible, able to go to the bar, get your pint and find a table. You have to sanitise and wear a mask wondering around but a big improvement to elsewhere.
    I saw you was in Hither Green the other day.
    Are you doing a tour of the non league pubs now?
  • Options

Says the man with his personalised table in The Greyhound Wetherspoons <3
  • Options

Seriously, are you on a mission to visit new boozers?
  • Options

Probably a free drink for him
  • Options

Seriously, are you on a mission to visit new boozers?
    No mate, not on this occasion. Been here before.
    However, I'm off to Rochester v Sheppey tomorrow so will tick off a couple of new boozers there.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Probably a free drink for him
    F*** off, I bought the extra round tonight.....sadly.
  • Options

Would you recommend this place? The Mrs has been on at me to visit it. We are both Irish if that makes any difference re the authenticity of the place