Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

39 days until pub gardens reopen

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Bulls Head, Chislehurst.  Friend of mine on Monday. Guess the beer was 6 pounds, the rest being table service/ delivery charge.
    went there yesterday as a mate really likes the pub. Was worried about this service charge thing but they have either got rid or put it on to the price of the drink. £6.15 for a pint of Moretti. 

the thing that did annoy me about the Bull is the fact they now only accept card payments. 
  • Options
    Bulls Head, Chislehurst.  Friend of mine on Monday. Guess the beer was 6 pounds, the rest being table service/ delivery charge.
    went there yesterday as a mate really likes the pub. Was worried about this service charge thing but they have either got rid or put it on to the price of the drink. £6.15 for a pint of Moretti. 

the thing that did annoy me about the Bull is the fact they now only accept card payments. 
    I'd have insisted on only having cash, a good way to have enjoyed a free pint.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    have done my fair share of al fresco boozing 
    greenwood victoria - expensive and cold
    red barn barnehurst - cheap and cold
    the morgan belvedere - fine but a daytime drink 
    the yacht bexleyheath - cold and some gypo started on everyone in the garden at 5pm
    the one bell crayford - brilliant good service and warm as have heaters
    still to go 
    the kings head bexley - this saturday
    the bickley arms ( cousins local ) friday 14th

on a sep note played at southern valley golf club last weekend and they permit you to go to the bar and get "takeaway" was brilliant going to a bar again
  • Options
    got a table booked in the Kings Arms Bexleyheath this Saturday evening....weather forecast looking decidedly dodgy
  • Options
    got a table booked in the Kings Arms Bexleyheath this Saturday evening....weather forecast looking decidedly dodgy
    It might not be too bad as the rain should stop in the afternoon and the temperatures are forecast to rise to 16C.
  • Options
    Going to the Crown and Anchor in Bromley tonight.  It feels really weird to have to make a reservation.
  • Options
    Going to the Crown and Anchor in Bromley tonight.  It feels really weird to have to make a reservation.
    Red Indians do this regularly.
  • Options
    More like feels weird having to go to the bar
  • Options
    The kings head Bexley not bad - good little ordering system you send a whatsapp through and drinks served in about 5 mins Guinness and a San Miguel £9.40 
  • Options
    could've been snowing and wouldn't have mattered, great set up and to be honest not sure how it's classed to be 'outside'!. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been the place to be recently (apparently)
  • Options
    With the falling CV rates and increasing number of folk vaccinated, the impact to the hospitality trade this weekend will be the weather. I would have completely understood if restaurants and pubs were allowed to open indoors from Friday rather than Monday. 
  • Options
    Not just gardens, indoors now. Bumping this thread in case anyone has any stories, recommendations etc.
  • Options
    We went to The Bull Chislehurst Saturday night. We were under the gas fire heated marquee. Too warm for a coat.

• Options
    He's half leg less, but still got his dog & bone
  • Options
    Any tables actually left outside at The Bulls Head - for when the sun finally comes out?
  • Options
    Boom said:
    Any tables actually left outside at The Bulls Head - for when the sun finally comes out?
    A few.
  • Options
    Wheatsheaf West Wickham for me for a couple.
    Not as busy as I thought it would be.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    The locals saw you in there.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I deliberately stayed at home yesterday, and have said that I will for a week or two. I'd love to go to a pub, but thought I'd be happier waiting until any early excitement had died down. Just wondering whether others felt the same or whether it's just likely to be Mondaynightitis. It'll be interesting to see what Friday and Saturday are like.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taking wifey to the garden centre today, then she's taking me to the pub for the first time this year - tra la, tra la.....
  • Options

Stopped off in here on the way back to Bromley.
    There has to be 50 people in this gaff, at 3.30 on a Thursday afternoon is impressive.
    @blackpool72 @clb74 @ricky_otto I paid the whole price for the round this time!
  • Options
    great pub 
  • Options
    I ventured inside a pub today.
    First time sitting inside since gawd knows, probably last March.
  • Options
    Feel strange or not?
  • Options
    Feel strange or not?
    It seemed pretty normal, apart from having to put a mask on to go to the loo and the staff wearing masks.
    It was of course no standing and table service.
  • Options
    I’m taking my mum and sister out for dinner this evening to celebrate my mum’s 70th and my sisters 40th birthday (which happened during the last lockdown), I am looking forward to it but also slightly apprehensive about the amount of people and the busy environment. 
  • Options
    Went to Miller and Carter yesterday with the wife and her parents and had a nice lunch.

Off to The One Bell crayford with brothers and a few friends for the first time in a pub since the summer. Looking forward to a few beers 😋
  • Options
    Gotta love a bit of alfresco in this country ffs
  • Options
    Proper smashed it down