Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What’s been your favourite TV series?

Comments

• Options
    Prison Break
    The Shield
  • Options
    Prison Break
    The Shield
    Had many Michael Schofield's at your place of work?
  • Options
    I used to love watching Sky History documentaries 

Ice Road Truckers
    Deadliest Roads
  • Options
    Might start The Sopranos based on this thread.  It's probably very dated now though.

• Options
    All that have been mentioned are good, but for a bit of nostalgia anybody remember:

I Claudius?
    and
    The Singing Detective?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    All that have been mentioned are good, but for a bit of nostalgia anybody remember:

I Claudius?
    and
    The Singing Detective?
    Ah yes I Claudius, forgot that one, Dereck Jacobi, great series, needs repeating
  • Options
    Sopranos would be very high for me. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I Claudius?
    and
    The Singing Detective?
    Really enjoyed The Singing Detective..
  • Options
    Breaking bad for me.
    Chernobyl? Saw 1 episode and couldn’t get into it at all.
  • Options
    Tough

1.  The Wire
    2.  The Sopranos 
    3.  Breaking Bad (but Better call Saul is a great follow up and pushes it hard)

others I’ve watched and enjoyed are Sons of Anarchy, Boardwalk Empire, Lost, Peaky Blinders, GoT

never finished the walking dead but enjoyed up until about season 9 or 10
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So much stuff that could be on here
    Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
    Smiley's People
    Wolf Hall....
    and I know I shouldn't say this but a kids TV series Bear behaving Badly was superb.
  • Options
    The wire
    six feet under
    game of thrones
    sons of anarchy
    us office
  • Options
    Some great series here.  Big Little Lies hasn’t been mentioned.  That’s a good one.

Interesting that Bob included When The Boat Comes In.  Really enjoyed that too (going back a bit😀)
  • Options
    This is England
    The Virtues
    Boys from the Blackstuff
    Last Chance U(sports documentary series)

A lot of British stuff doesn't get enough credit.
    If comedy series are included I'll add

This Country
    Detectorists

Both beautifully written 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Prison Break
    The Shield
    Had many Michael Schofield's at your place of work?

Not once. If anyone did manage to get out I’d say ‘fair play, enjoy your freedom’.
  • Options
    Hill Street Blues
    M*A*S*H
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    In no particular order:

Band of Brothers
    Breaking Bad
    Sopranos
    Homeland
    Prison Break
    The Looming Tower
    The Wire
    Succession
    This is England
    Chernobyl
    Peaky Blinders
    Line of Duty
    The Street (90’s gritty British drama)
    You
    Mad Dogs
    The Following

Comedy

OFAH
    The Office
    Peep Show
    Alan Partridge
    The Royal Family

• Options
    Minder 
    The Sweeney
  • Options
    Jints said:
    24 seems to have fallen off a lot of peoples radars but to me was pretty revolutionary and a big influencer in the switch from films to TV.

The first series was extraordinary and truly ground-breaking but I think I got bored part way through the third - did you think it was good all the way through? Any particular good seasons? 
    That’s fair. I think they got hamstrung by their USP of it being over 24 hours. It meant over the 8 series and bits there was well over 200 hours, crazy to sustain if you compare a film being 2-3hrs. After say 3 series they should have reassessed and changed it 12. But I think a lot of of producers and tv execs learnt a lot from what 24 brought. 

It got a bit repetitive in places and a little predictable once you got used to the format, but I still though it was great and Jack Bauer was an amazing lead character. 
    24 was lots of fun, but some of it was waaaaay too far fetched (I vaguely recall some nonsense with a nuclear bomb at some point). I’m willing to suspend disbelief but some of 24 was almost science fiction! 
  • Options
    As an adult
    The Prisoner
    Danger Man
    Dr Who with Eccleston and Tennant

As a child
    Thunderbirds
    How
    Fireball XL5
    Space Patrol

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've just started watching The Sopranos for the first time. It is excellent but oddly I don't find it bingeworthy. Maybe it changes but unlike Breaking Bad, for example, there's little continuity between the episodes. Maybe this changes as it develops.
  • Options
    I've just started watching The Sopranos for the first time. It is excellent but oddly I don't find it bingeworthy. Maybe it changes but unlike Breaking Bad, for example, there's little continuity between the episodes. Maybe this changes as it develops.
    There's loads of continuity once you get into Season 2. The first few episodes of season 1 are really scene setting. 

Stick it with it and you'll love it. 
  • Options
    My Brilliant Friend. It was adapted from the book of the same name by Elena Ferrante.My only regret is that I wish I had read the book first.
    Brassic is excellent as well.Very funny.

• Options
    Is The Sopranos only available on Sky box sets ?
  • Options
    Surprised nobody has mentioned Ray Donovan, great show.

• Options
    Is The Sopranos only available on Sky box sets ?
    Just downloaded the first 10 episodes to give it a try.
    Only another 76 to go!
  • Options
    I must be the only one that doesn't get the Sopranos, massively overrated imo. Not saying it's bad, just not on the same level as shows like The Wire or Breaking Bad.

All very samey, storylines dragged out with no change. Carmela has the same guilt ridden storyline for 5/6 seasons, Paulie & Chris cock up, Tony fixes, rinse & repeat. Tony with his therapy, we all knew he wasn't going to change, don't keep it up for so long. The show doesn't evolve the characters enough for such a long run.
  • Options
    Boys from the black stuff. A work of pure genius which was so relevant and of its time. Shake hands.

the singing detective
    the monocled mutineer
    anything Stephen Poliakoff, especially friends and crocodiles and perfect strangers
    GBH
    Underbelly Aussie crime drama
    The Killing
    Ozark
    Breaking Bad
    Sopranos
    The Wire (number 1 in my book ). It’s all in the game y’all’
    The Sinner. Bill pullmans the don in this 
    True Detective
    Legion (utter madness)
    the end of the fucking world 1st series
    Utopia

you will note from all of this that ITV have never made anything worth a wank EVER. 

• Options
    Boys from the black stuff. A work of pure genius which was so relevant and of its time. Shake hands.

the singing detective
    the monocled mutineer
    anything Stephen Poliakoff, especially friends and crocodiles and perfect strangers
    GBH
    Underbelly Aussie crime drama
    The Killing
    Ozark
    Breaking Bad
    Sopranos
    The Wire (number 1 in my book ). It’s all in the game y’all’
    The Sinner. Bill pullmans the don in this 
    True Detective
    Legion (utter madness)
    the end of the fucking world 1st series
    Utopia

you will note from all of this that ITV have never made anything worth a wank EVER

Wasn't Baywatch on ITV?