Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What’s been your favourite TV series?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Band of Brothers for me - and I'm pleased to see it mentioned so many times on here.

I think the beauty of it was that there were just 10 episodes that took you from the start of the journey to the end. No false cliff-hangers, no hanging things out to leave you guessing if there would be another series, no ridiculous plotlines, just a great story brilliantly acted and directed. 
  • Options
    24 is my all time favourite.

At the time it felt like the major show which transitioned TV dramas into the modern era. It was one of the first shows I recall where killing off of major characters came as major shocks, and no doubt many other shows followed suit.

The first five seasons were superb. Whilst the remaining four were not as strong, they still had some major moments. 

We’ve rewatched all 9 seasons over the lockdown, and enjoyed every moment of it.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

At the time it felt like the major show which transitioned TV dramas into the modern era. It was one of the first shows I recall where killing off of major characters came as major shocks, and no doubt many other shows followed suit.

The first five seasons were superb. Whilst the remaining four were not as strong, they still had some major moments. 

We’ve rewatched all 9 seasons over the lockdown, and enjoyed every moment of it.
    Thats a serious commitment, the way I saw 24 was you got on the train at whatever series was on at the time, you couldn't go back! 

Jack was very persuasive with a ballpoint pen or an argos catalogue 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    cafctom said:

Thats a serious commitment, the way I saw 24 was you got on the train at whatever series was on at the time, you couldn't go back! 

Jack was very persuasive with a ballpoint pen or an argos catalogue 
    We watched it most nights of the week, and still took us about 6 months to get through.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

DAMMIT!
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Ross said:
    Person of Interest
    Power
    I thought you meant Powers there, which is a very flawed show based on an excellent comic.

Person of Interest is a show I've never managed to finish but have loved what I've seen so far.
    Stick with it. It’s brilliant.
    Indeed, I've got about a season and a half to watch, just not got round to it.
  • Options
    The Office (UK version, of course).

So clever and so well written. Despite the comedy cringe factor of Brent and over-exaggeration of his behaviours and craving to just be needed, it was so relatable (we all know a Brent type character).

The underlying 'love' story of Tim and Dawn also gave it a hint of reality. Excellent TV and 2 series' of 12 episodes was perfect, with the 2 extra Christmas' episodes giving it the rightfully perfect ending.
  • Options

• Options
    Just completed Season 1 of The Wire. Really enjoyed it but thought the season finale was pretty weak and non-impacting. 

Will definitely work my way through the other 4 series, but surprised with what seen so far that so many people have this right near the top of their all time list. I suppose with S1 being 19yrs ago there’s an element of aging and comparative expectations in play
  • Options
    Just completed Season 1 of The Wire. Really enjoyed it but thought the season finale was pretty weak and non-impacting. 

Will definitely work my way through the other 4 series, but surprised with what seen so far that so many people have this right near the top of their all time list. I suppose with S1 being 19yrs ago there’s an element of aging and comparative expectations in play
    I wouldn't necessarily say it gets better as I think S1 is my favourite (might be due to the fact I've seen it 3 or 4 times) but it's good the whole way through and there's a different theme in each series which makes it really interesting. I loved series 4 a lot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Expanse is excellent.