Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Standoff in the Boardroom - New Insights and quotes.

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Brilliant - all deserve their place in the history of our club.

Henners paraphrasing Dylan Thomas is my highlight of the article!
    Someone has to be the intellectual one Bob.

Most remarkable outcome of the night? Me getting a feckin promote
    Not just one, you got two!
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    What a great piece to read and so in depth, must have been a very worrying time for everyone, with almost no-one to listen to concerns being raised regarding all the "goings on" at the club
    Nothing more to be added to all the posts here, we all owe a great deal of gratitude and thanks to all involved in getting that arsehole out of our club, putting jobs and livelyhood on the line, THANK YOU
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think it's all been said but my thanks too to all those involved, we are very much indebted to you.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    What an article.
    The notion that Southall felt so up himself he could have a meeting whilst having a haircut (a haircut! Goodness knows what kind of a psychological indicator that is) like a Mafia Don or a dreamed up scene from Killing Eve, that notion tells me what an utter low life he is.
    And the physical descriptions of our guys whilst calling the police! Jeez!
    Wanna know your physical description according to the rest of us Matt?
    You resemble dogs diarrhoea but not quite as attractive or fragrant.
    Southall, you’ll get yours one day. Of that there is little doubt.
    The haircut thing reminded me of a documentary in the eighties featuring Boy George and EMI America executive Daniel Glass, where Glass sits having his dinner at his desk during the meeting (not a cheese sarnie - full on silver service). Bob Mills did a briliant piss take of it on "In Bed With Medinner". Exactly the same kind of condescending arrogance.     
  • Options
    A great read and true heroes all. One special club, staff and fanbase not to be messed with.
  • Options
    Great read and heartfelt thanks to all those involved in standing off against Southall
  • Options
    Proper goosebumps reading that. Tracey, Ollie, Mick, Ben thank you for fighting for our club. 

They are Charlton, super Charlton.
  • Options
    Very good AUN. 

Oh to have been a fly on the wall. A very enjoyable read. Well done to all of you involved. Bloody Great job.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done Benjy, a fantastic read that.

What a night of drama and shenanigans that was and really hope that a book is written to really flesh out the whole Southall/Nimer/ESI era as there’s probably so much more to learn.

’Manhandle him down the stair’ is the quaintest way to put ‘just push the c***’.

Tracey bursting into the boardroom like Peggy Mitchell on steroids - ‘Get out of our club’.

I only wish that when Southall was on the phone besmirching people to the police there was a quote of him saying ‘....and fuck knows who this bloke in a cardigan is’.

Brilliant.
    That's not EXACTLY what she said  ;)
  • Options
    We often come up with songs for our players - can someone much more creative than me come up with a song for our off-field heroes? Their dedication far surpasses the majority of our players and deserves remembering.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    .the boardroom four
    the boardroom four
    Hear the crowd they roar for you
    now roar us onward evermore
    forward forward ascend once more

To the tune of King Crimson 21st century schizoid man, but perhaps with a flattened fourth in the third line so it ramps up for the last part which resolves on the Gm/dim7th (nice)

A bit basic I know but best to keep these things simple

• Options
    Great article and what a story these hero’s have to tell. Tracey Leaburn, unreal, the pressure she must have been under. Carl my favourite centre forward, Tracey, my favourite Player Liaison Officer. What a pair!!
  • Options

Players managers and owners come and go over the years but these long serving  hero’s were prepared to stand up and be counted to save the future of our great club when it was threatened at risk to their own futures.

I’m not sure how, but their determination to rid the club of these fraudsters should be recognised in some way.

Hero’ one and all.

• Options
    What a read that is !!! Even more proof that the staff stepped up in our hour of need. Nothing we can do can ever payback what they did but when things open up again I honestly think the fans should club together and do something for them.

PS

This make Mouthall look an even bigger twat than I thought he was 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHWrmIzgB5A

Mirror in the boardroom
    Please talk free 
    I'm getting my head polished for free
    Will you take to me a restaurant that's got glass tables
    I can watch myself while I am eating

Mirror in the boardroom
    I just can't stop it
    Every Saturday you see my
    Cheesy posing
    Find no interest
    In the fans and staff
    Just ten thousand reflections
    Of my own sweet self self self

Mirror in the boardroom
    Recompense
    For all my crimes 
    Of theft by stealth
    Cures you whisper
    Make no sense
    My name is Matt
    I've mental illness 

• Options
    Legends one and all, apart that dodgy Ben Hayes fellow.