Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Shrewsbury | Sat 13 March 2021| 3pm

Comments

• Options
    Pratley must have the highest bookings per minute rate since Matt Svensson
  • Options
    Maatsen does like like a 19 yo in L1 at the momeng. Amos didn't help him
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Get him off
    Had to make it as Maatsen took himself out of the game going for a challenge that wasnt there so was going to leave the left exposed 
    Watson was literally coming in to win the ball as he did it
    You cant hide the fact that Maatsen had left a gap though!!

And dont start the wounded animal act with him as even I've defended his performances of late
    Maatsen went for a high-press interception, the guy nicked it past him, but was well inside his own half with nobody ahead of him, there was no 'need' to drag him back by the arm, especially as Watson was coming in. Maatsen has looked threatening so far and I'm on scapegoat watch
    Im not making Maatsen a scapegoat, he's done well today but not at that particular moment
  • Options
    I don’t know how Pratley starts so many games, he’s shocking
  • Options
    Let's hope Pratley makes it to half time, so he can be subbed
  • Options
    Morgan on the right? I just don’t understand it.
    Very similar to the way Powell used to set up. One proper wide player, one centre mid pushed out wide to tuck in and provide stability in the middle. We used to have it with Jackson and Green/Waggy or Pritchard and Harriott/Kerkar. It makes sense, stops you getting caught out while allowing a good passer to get the ball in from wide positions or arrive late in the box. I think Pritch was third highest assist-maker one season 
  • Options
    I don’t know how Pratley starts so many games, he’s shocking
    He must have something on Bowyer. Perhaps he caught him in the bath with Southall. 
  • Options
    Get Smith on. Bit of guile abd can put his foot in. Watson can protect the back four. 
  • Options
    Burton 2-0 up
  • Options
    jakecafc said:
    Pratley to be subbed af half time he will get sent off otherwise
    I’m sure he could find a way to get sent off in this half...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ogbeta crosses from our right, Main tries to head as Amos comes to punch, and the ref gives us the kick.
  • Options
    Pratley has to come off at half time, definitely, or even sooner perhaps
  • Options
    31'

Post update

Attempt missed. Curtis Main (Shrewsbury Town) header from the centre of the box.

• Options
    31' Over half an hour gone here. The Addicks have impressed in spells, but no breakthrough yet... Watch live: http://live.cafc.co.uk #cafc 0 #salop 0
  • Options
    Steve Brown has been the best thing so far (again). I'm surprised he didn't make it as a manager.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Pratley must have the highest bookings per minute rate since Matt Svensson
    Watson will be much higher. Gilbey too
  • Options
    Hopefully we don't see 4 subs with Darren left on!
  • Options
    jakecafc said:
    Pratley to be subbed af half time he will get sent off otherwise
    Prob score from a corner and take his top off celebrating...😬
  • Options
    Burton 3 nil up
  • Options
    Anyone else finding this a bit dull?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Morgan on the right? I just don’t understand it.
    Very similar to the way Powell used to set up. One proper wide player, one centre mid pushed out wide to tuck in and provide stability in the middle. We used to have it with Jackson and Green/Waggy or Pritchard and Harriott/Kerkar. It makes sense, stops you getting caught out while allowing a good passer to get the ball in from wide positions or arrive late in the box. I think Pritch was third highest assist-maker one season 
    Curbs did it after we first got relegated his best teams had Holland or Stuart on the right. 
  • Options
    Gunter to Pratley, whose pass back to Gunter is intercepted by Ogbeta, and Gunter's attempted tackle gives them a free kick up near their corner flag
  • Options
    Bugger... Unlucky Stockley 
  • Options
    1. 33'

Post update

Foul by Chris Gunter (Charlton Athletic).

2. 33'

Post update

Nathanael Ogbeta (Shrewsbury Town) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    Anyone else finding this a bit dull?
    No.........very positive forum for a change
  • Options
    Stockley should have scored there... Maatsen having a great game 
  • Options
    Maatsen down the left, good ball in to Stockley, whose shot goes straight at the keeper.
  • Options
    Stockley shouldve scored there
  • Options
    34' Chance! Maatsen tees up Stockley in the box, but his placed effort is well saved by Burgoyne. #cafc 0 #salop 0
  • Options
    Goss whips in a cross from our right, but Amos claims well.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!