Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Shrewsbury | Sat 13 March 2021| 3pm

Comments

• Im surprised at how Northampton and now Shrewsbury appear happy to come to the Valley and primarily set up to sit back

Our form here really says otherwise!! 
  • Jayajosh said:
    Anyone else finding this a bit dull?
    Have another drink...Hic!!
    Had to get up at 3.30 this morning, I think drink would finish me off!
    How are you staying awake watching this?
    With great difficulty. Maybe it’s an exciting match but I’m too knackered.
  • We are slow and lazy....not a great blend.
  • Great ball from Stockley to Washington, who holds the ball up on the right to allow people to get up. Cross in is blocked for a corner.
  • Lincoln 0 Rochdale 1
  • Morgan on the right? I just don’t understand it.
    Very similar to the way Powell used to set up. One proper wide player, one centre mid pushed out wide to tuck in and provide stability in the middle. We used to have it with Jackson and Green/Waggy or Pritchard and Harriott/Kerkar. It makes sense, stops you getting caught out while allowing a good passer to get the ball in from wide positions or arrive late in the box. I think Pritch was third highest assist-maker one season 
    Curbs also would often set up in this way during our Prem days.

One orthodox winger, and 3 CMs strung across the width of the midfield

I remember Graeme Stuart was very effective as the 'wide CM'.

• I’d rather have Kevin Foley and Andrew Crofts in midfield than these 2 clowns. Our current pair make those two look quick 
  • Anyone else finding this a bit dull?
    Most of our recent matches have been unbelievably dull 
  • Washington has been absolutely quality so far
  • Sponsored links:

• Ref stops for some argie bargie.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Morgan on the right? I just don’t understand it.
    Very similar to the way Powell used to set up. One proper wide player, one centre mid pushed out wide to tuck in and provide stability in the middle. We used to have it with Jackson and Green/Waggy or Pritchard and Harriott/Kerkar. It makes sense, stops you getting caught out while allowing a good passer to get the ball in from wide positions or arrive late in the box. I think Pritch was third highest assist-maker one season 
    Curbs did it after we first got relegated his best teams had Holland or Stuart on the right. 
    Yep, or Konchesky, who Curbs fancied as a centre mid more than a LB, or sometimes even Murphy on the left to accommodate Rommedahl
  • FFS... Keeper just gets a touch and stops Stockley heading into an empty net
  • Great movement seems to be getting better, but we can't get a quick attack going , we are too slow backing up from midfield, and get overrun every time
  • I’d rather have Kevin Foley and Andrew Crofts in midfield than these 2 clowns. 
    Pouso and Lepoint!
  • Anyone else finding this a bit dull?
    Moi, went into looking-at-my-phone mode a few minutes ago, missed Pratleys yellow... although thats more of a diagnostic device to check the stream is working correctly.
  • When's the Worldy?
  • Keeper gets a slight touch on the corner and it evades Stockley and Famewo and is then cleared.
  • 44' Chapman volleys over for Shrewsbury. #cafc 0 #salop 0
  • Sponsored links:

• I’d rather have Kevin Foley and Andrew Crofts in midfield than these 2 clowns. 
    Are you sure? :smile:

• edited March 2021
    Has aged well so far 

Draw
    0-0
    No pace in central midfield 
    No creativity in there either 
  • Shrewsbury come down our right, Chapman gets a free shot on the edge of the area, but shoots over.
  • 433 would work in this game
  • Maatsen always running into Millars space
  • mendonca said:
    433 would work in this game
    544 would work better 
  • Get Brownie down in that dressing room at half time, worth a chat with Lee
  • Morgan has a shot from the edge of the area, deflected for a corner.
  • 1 min added time.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!