Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Shrewsbury | Sat 13 March 2021| 3pm

Comments

• Anyone else feel like a deer in the headlights for a moment when Scotty mentioned Paul Eliott?
    I know Paul - very nice guy - he was royally screwed financially by Rufus, and I mean VERY badly
    We're lucky to have Sandgaard now and wouldnt change that, but shame we never had the really PE onboard beforehand with one of his groups
  • Think this game would suit Smith or Shinnie. Get one of them on for Pratley
  • Tight half and we didn't play badly, but we do need to talk our chances as we won't get many.

Morgan playing inside works better and gives Gunter a chance to press on. Pratley being booked means Shinnie should get an earlier chance, and that will help going forwards. Chuks needs half an hour and you could see him on for Millar and overload on their CBs?

Still very winnable.

COYA!
  • Chunes said:
    That cross by Miller was absolute dogshit
    When he signed he was attacking at every opportunity, week by week it looks like it’s being coached out off him. 

Need to sort this midfield out, it’s just dire. 
    When they play bad, it's the coaching. When they play well, it's the player.
    Yeah that’s it. 
    Shrewsbury are sitting back in numbers, there’s not loads of space for Millar to attack.

Wingers are usually inconsistent and teams are much more aware of him. It’s not as simple as it’s bad coaching.
  • Lawrie Wilson looks like a librarian, what's gone on there! 
  • I actually think we are playing well... Bring Shinnie on for Pratley and have a go
  • Anyone else feel like a deer in the headlights for a moment when Scotty mentioned Paul Eliott?
    I know Paul - very nice guy - he was royally screwed financially by Rufus, and I mean VERY badly
    We're lucky to have Sandgaard now and wouldnt change that, but shame we never had the really PE onboard beforehand with one of his groups
    To be honest, Paul’s attempt was never going happen - grand plans, but lacking substance - he does love Charlton - told me he didn’t want to leave, but it was forced upon him because we were in a dire financial position
  • Lawrie Wilson smashing looking lad
  • Sponsored links:

• Good game so far. Maatsen, Morgan and Washington all very good. This is there for the taking.
  • Millar is a marked man now. When he first came in teams didn’t know him and he had all the space in the world to run into. Now he’s a marked man and has two or three players on him every time he gets the ball. Players like him need space to run into and we don’t work the ball to him early enough often enough on the turnover. Doughty started to suffer the same way.
    Totally agree. He was rinsing every RB in the league one-on-one. But since they've started doubling and tripling up on him he's struggled to offer anything. And misplacing three-yard balls and skying crosses is just compounding things.

He also looks like he's still playing schoolboy football at times. He knows what he should do but he wants to take another 5-6 touches first. 
  • edited March 2021
    No changes at half-time  :s
  • Place your bets for timing of Pratley’s 2nd yellow
    Within 15 minutes
  • Thought it may have just happened for constantly encroaching the centre circle before the ball had been kicked 
    94th we're 1-0 up and he concedes a penalty.
  • Morgan crosses over to Washington, and the ball pings about in their area for a bit, but Shrewsbury eventually clear.
  • Sponsored links:

• Watson s Pirlo passes are awful, then he stands catching his breath with hands on knees again ffs.
  • Shrewsbury get down our right but the cross isn't the best choice, and Maatsen puts it out for a throw
  • Anyone else’s stream cutting out a lot today?
  • I tell you what, if we play a midfield pairing of Pratley and Watson in the run in against the likes of Hull and Peterborough we will get well and truly spanked.
    He waits for a sign from LB - they both collect from the bookies.
  • Two pretty fortunate escapes for us, 4 minutes in.
  • Nooo, thought Maatsen won the ball
  • The lack of movement there for Maatsen was criminal. 

• 50' Maatsen booked for a foul on Chapman. #cafc 0 #salop 0

Just need Watson to get a yellow card and we have the trio who enjoys yellow cards
  • Maatsen comes though the middle but gives the ball away attempting to pass to Washington, and then has to charge down field in an attempt to recover, and concedes a free kick about 15 yards out from the area, and gets booked.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!