Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Shrewsbury | Sat 13 March 2021| 3pm

Comments

• edited March 2021
    A solid defensive play. Going forward, a few bright moments, but otherwise not much. Don't agree Stockley should have scored, it's a difficult finish. 

Millar has been woeful for five games now. Shouldn't have started.

Pratley - He's not got anything to do defensively. Most of his work has been going forward and passing. So why is he playing there? Why not someone who can actually go forward and pass.

If we stay the same we might sneak a goal, might not.
  • Decent performance.. very difficult against a team who don’t really want to play just stop what your doing .. that’s why Stockley miss could be a big moment in the outcome of this game .. Pratley and Watson done very well but it’s the wide area that we are failing and not helping Washington ( who played well again ) and Stockley ..
  • Oggy Red said:
    Phew. Pratley made it to HT.

We'll start the 2nd half with 11 men.

Wasn't he sent off in the 47th minute the other week.
  • Similar to Tuesday, if we score first then the game will change. 
  • _MrDick said:

Morgan’s dead ball deliveries are appalling.. to no one 
    Better than Shinnie's or JFC's. At least they miss the first man & cause a bit of panic.
  • Kicking wrong way first half, we ain't even got that in the second half now, I can see Chuks coming in for Stockley, he seems to have lost his sparkle at the moment
  • By God we look naff, but hey, 0-0 at half time.
  • Shrewsbury very well organised, they've come here to keep it tight and minimise space
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2021
    That cross by Miller was absolute dogshit
    When he first signed he was attacking at every opportunity, week by week it looks like it’s being coached out off him. 

Need to sort this midfield out, it’s just dire. 
  • We look solid, but which after the debacles of January and February is a huge improvement and I’m happy to see. 

We growing into the game attackingly. We need to do more but it’s building. I do find our decision making so frustrating - I often find myself watching and shouting at them not to do exactly what they go in to do, so often they’ll play it first time when they need to take a touch and vice versa, will dive in when they need to stand off and vice versa. 

Still, slow signs of improvement. We haven’t had many shots, but we never do - Bowyer always values quality of chance over quantity. Need a bit more from Millar and Gunter in attack. I’d give it another 10 mins and then Aneke for Stockley, DJ for Pratley, Morgan into the middle. Then it’ll be time for Ronnie to redeem himself. 
  • Pleas take Pratley off can't have a repeat of Blackpool
  • masicat said:
    Watson and Pratley are our Gerrard and Lampard.      
    Is that Tony Gerrard the stag show comic who's in a wheelchair?
  • That cross by Miller was absolute dogshit
    When he signed he was attacking at every opportunity, week by week it looks like it’s being coached out off him. 

When they play bad, it's the coaching. When they play well, it's the player.
  • Missing JF-C, bring in Shinnie to replace Pratley
  • HT 0-0

Not the greatest football spectacle you're ever likely to see (can someone please switch off the understatement klaxon?) but we're not losing and we don't deserve to be losing either.

There haven't been too many chances created but we've had the lion's share of the few there have been.

I don't know if it's just because Shrews have always managed to get plenty of bodies back to defend but we've not been able to carve out anything clear cut; plenty of passing around on the edge of the box but nothing incisive that has given us a clear-cut opening.

I think the game will open up a bit more in the second half, especially when the battering ram that is Mount Chuks is unleashed. If we can show a bit of composure in front of goal I think we'll have this 2-0.
  • Pratley has to come off now he is on a yellow. Bring Smith on at halftime
  • Sponsored links:

• Jayajosh said:
    Yep pleased with that, I’d take a 0-0 draw 
    Why?
  • masicat said:
    100% agree, if lampard and gerrard had zero talent and turned slower than milk in the freezer.
  • Anyone else feel like a deer in the headlights for a moment when Scotty mentioned Paul Eliott?
  • Hattrick in 34 minutes for Burton's Kane Hemmings
  • masicat said:
    At least those 2 scored goals. 
  • edited March 2021
    Chunes said:
    That cross by Miller was absolute dogshit
    When he signed he was attacking at every opportunity, week by week it looks like it’s being coached out off him. 

When they play bad, it's the coaching. When they play well, it's the player.
    Yeah that’s it. 
  • Anyone else feel like a deer in the headlights for a moment when Scotty mentioned Paul Eliott?
    I know Paul - very nice guy - he was royally screwed financially by Rufus, and I mean VERY badly
  • Nice music with the community trust video
  • Blimey this is a hard watch. 

Struggling to see how anyone can think that just being solid is anything to shout about.

We need 3 points. No point whatsoever carrying on like this for any length of time in the second half. Get Aneke and shinnie on soon.

And as for Darren Pratley, he's been a good pro for us and he was instrumental in getting us to Wembley. But its time to say thanks and goodbye.  
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!