Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer wants JJ as his assistant at Birmingham

... if he Jacko doesn't get given the manager's job at the Valley according to Richard Cawley in the SLP:

Comments

• Options
    No surprise at all, in fact I expected it. Lot's of talk on here about our new manager bringing his own team in so I would expect Bowyer to do the same. The only way I can see JJ staying is if he is given the managers job and I am not getting the feeling Thomas is considering him.
  • Options
    The article doesn’t actually back up the headline. It’s just a rehash of Johnnies comments last night. 
  • Options
    Magnificent servant for Charlton and if he goes then I wish him nothing but success and happiness. 
    Club legend and one of my favourites to ever wear the famous red shirt. Always knew one day that he would leave the club but hoped that wouldn’t be for a very long time.  

Wouldn’t have been this gutted since Yann left in 2014. Can’t imagine seeing the skipper wearing a different team badge.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Has he come in for Pratley yet? 
    Hopefully he'll talk Maatsen too.
  • Options
    Unless the new manager wants him to stay as his asstistant, I can't see a role for him here. He won't be offered the "big chair" and I can't see him stepping back as a coach. It's a shame, as unlike Bowyer, JJ really does have an affinity with this club and I would be sad to see him go

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think this will come down to whether the new manager is happy to keep him on as the assistant manager, if he is then he'd surely stay. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    @ricky_otto I agree. I never bought into Bowyer being "one of us". Everyone kept going on about his loyalty over the summer, but I don't recall reading anything about any club actually making an approach for him, just hearsay. The first time we know of a club wanting to employ him, he jumps ship to Birminham and sits there kissing the badge...............
  • Options
    Haven't kept up to date this evening with the news/rumours regarding our new man at the helm but from what I read earlier, Nigel Adkins might be The One.

As he won't have come directly from a post at another club, surely that could mean he won't have a management team in mind to accompany him .

As Curbs stated last night, we need someone who knows the squad if there's a faint possibility of the Play offs and seemingly Thomas has indicated he wants to appoint a manager for the long term....

...so surely JJ is by far the best option to assist NA. 

NA & JJ - The Dream Team ! 
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Bowyer talked about his love and passion for Charlton, but JJ lives it. Ever since he arrived he has been the heartbeat of the team, firstly as a player and captain, then as a coach. If you want proof of how much he cares look at his reaction to the winner at Wembley.

If he leaves I wish him all the best and thank him, but I hope he stays.
    You only have to see who the players celebrated with at the final whistle at Wembley. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    cfgs said:
    Bowyer talked about his love and passion for Charlton, but JJ lives it. Ever since he arrived he has been the heartbeat of the team, firstly as a player and captain, then as a coach. If you want proof of how much he cares look at his reaction to the winner at Wembley.

If he leaves I wish him all the best and thank him, but I hope he stays.
    You only have to see who the players celebrated with at the final whistle at Wembley. 
    They all ran to Jacko when the BFG scored! 
  • Options
    Think Jacko is looking to either stay as Head Coach or find a role elsewhere.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Confident jacko won’t be with us much longer. Whether it’s brum or somewhere else's
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fight fight ya for him Bows 💪🏻
  • Options
    It's not as if Bowyer has no team there at Birmingham, Craig Gardner is still there as 1st team coach
  • Options
    I think this will come down to whether the new manager is happy to keep him on as the assistant manager, if he is then he'd surely stay. 
    I suspect money would play a big part on his decision if he is asked to stay on as assistant manager to whoever that might be.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Redrobo said:
    Heard this evening Jacko and Marshall not keen on moving family etc to Birmingham. 

Pardew hasn’t aged well.
    That’s @blackpool72
  • Options
    10 plus years ago NA would have been in his prime, and a great signing

(No I’m not saying we should have got him instead of Chris Powell).

But his stock was pretty high.

But now? I’m not so sure is he yesterday’s man? I can’t even remember the last few clubs he’s managed without looking them up, would prefer JJ than NA.