Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer wants JJ as his assistant at Birmingham

124»

Comments

• Options
    AndyG said:
    JJ will stay I'm sure. He wasnt ready now but TS has made it clear he wants him to stay and learn and hopefully take over down the line. Why on earth would he go to Birmingham? Finally we have stability and a plan here would you go somewhere that is nearly as crazy as we were previously? 
    I hope the plan works, they hardly ever seem to.
  • Options
    The public criticism of players was the beginning of the end of Bowyer for me. It betrays a massive lack of man mangement skills, shirks responsibility and there's no need for it.
    Being slated might have been something Bows responded to as a player but we are not all the same, and if my manager gave me a public bollocking I'd put him through a window.

• Options
    Lee Bowyer could do a lot worse than to offer the assistant managers job to Jason Euell. 
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer could do a lot worse than to offer the assistant managers job to Jason Euell. 
    He’s already promoted Craig Gardner to the position.
  • Options
    So with Adkins saying maybe in the future JJ could go, and Bows saying in the Birmingham mail that he wants to get a second assistant in the summer, that explains things clearly imo. 
    There's always a possibility & it's very unlikely JJ will spend the rest of his career with us but where did Adkins say that ?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    As much as I can say with any certainty and given that I don’t know either Jacko or Addickins personally, I would say that their characters and demeanour will fit together very well.....as far as I know they are both calm and personable guys.
    So, I can’t see that a clash of personalities will be a problem.👍
  • Options
    Pure speculation on my part but I would be very surprised if Jackson, Basey, Marshall and Gallen were still here beyond the summer. I think Thomas and his people would probably prefer a new set up with Adkins and Roddy at the helm. One by one they will move on I reckon.
  • Options
    Sam.......we want JE here at Charlton mate.
    And as has been mentioned above, he has already appointed Craig Gardener......a day or so ago in fact.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Unlucky Lee, got to make your own way mate.
    Can't lean on JJ to get you out of the shite when it hits the fan, maybe you realise how much you needed him to bounce ideas around, anyway, on your own now.
    So are you saying it was JJ all along that put us through that poor patch? 😉
    No, i didnt say that, i just said that input is needed from both of them, JJ is there for a reason, to assist and give an alternative side of things, and plainly Bowyer realised that his input was needed hence him wanting him at Birmingham.
  • Options
    Pure speculation on my part but I would be very surprised if Jackson, Basey, Marshall and Gallen were still here beyond the summer. I think Thomas and his people would probably prefer a new set up with Adkins and Roddy at the helm. One by one they will move on I reckon.
    Sandgaard has already said JJ will be here to learn from Adkins in the view to be our future manager. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    May I remind you Gallen is a director, which may have a bearing on that.
    Gallen, by and large, has done a fantastic job given all the problems stacked against him, a few duds along the way but considering all the horrendous obstacles put in his way he gets plenty of Brownie points from me.
    I for one hope he doesn’t leave and with some decent funding and no longer a wage cap to deal with, I have every reason to believe he’ll come up with more signings of a standard to his and our liking.
  • Options
    So with Adkins saying maybe in the future JJ could go, and Bows saying in the Birmingham mail that he wants to get a second assistant in the summer, that explains things clearly imo. 
    There's always a possibility & it's very unlikely JJ will spend the rest of his career with us but where did Adkins say that ?
    https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/charlton-thomas-sandgaard-johnnie-jackson-nigel-adkins-future-manager-b925011.html

“Or he goes and joins Lee further down the line. You know what football is like.“
  • Options
    WSS said:
    He’s already promoted Craig Gardner to the position.

Makes sense that Gardner knows the players at Brum. Same with JJ at Cafc.

Jason Euell may have to look to League 2 or national League for a management opportunity.
  • Options
    Gallen, by and large, has done a fantastic job given all the problems stacked against him, a few duds along the way but considering all the horrendous obstacles put in his way he gets plenty of Brownie points from me.
    I for one hope he doesn’t leave and with some decent funding and no longer a wage cap to deal with, I have every reason to believe he’ll come up with more signings of a standard to his and our liking.
    Gallen is a director of what exactly?
  • Options
    Gallen is a director of what exactly?
    Director of Football, but specifically with a remit on recruitment.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info with regards to Gallen's role. I'm sure if the change needs to be made that title of Director will have no bearing on the decision.
  • Options
    JJ providing continuity till summer and then will join Bow. Obvious the fact Bow waiting
     Also gives time for Adkins to bring his team in over the summer for next season. Standard stuff
  • Options
    On the Bow appointment of Gardner as his assistant Bows has also stated that he will get a second assistant too at a later date - maybe that will be JJ when he and Adkins have had a chance to take a look at each other.
  • Options
    NM18 said:
    JJ providing continuity till summer and then will join Bow. Obvious the fact Bow waiting
     Also gives time for Adkins to bring his team in over the summer for next season. Standard stuff
    I agree, think this is everyone’s plan 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Wether Jackson stays or goes, one thing is clear - we need somebody else in to work with the defenders. Crosby who appears to be Atkins man was a Centre Back and has followed Adkins around. Makes sense. 
  • Options
    Wether Jackson stays or goes, one thing is clear - we need somebody else in to work with the defenders. Crosby who appears to be Atkins man was a Centre Back and has followed Adkins around. Makes sense. 
    Curbs in the PL had Peacock as his assistant and Day as his first team coach

Maybe Adkins, Crosby and Jackson could have a similar arrangement?
  • Options
    If Bowyer doesn't keep Birmingham up they'll probably get rid!
  • Options
    NM18 said:
    I think JJ will choose being assistant at Charlton to being assistant at Brum. Not sure he’s necessarily as close to Bowyer as we think. He’s also very Charlton-centric. 
  • Options
    Curbs in the PL had Peacock as his assistant and Day as his first team coach

Maybe Adkins, Crosby and Jackson could have a similar arrangement?
    Sounds like an estate agents.
    Jacko already has a partnership with a former Charlton boss