Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer wants JJ as his assistant at Birmingham

Comments

• Options
    JJ came to Charlton in the first place for family reasons he wanted to get back to London.

Therefore he would have wanted to stay at CAFC unless he wasn't wanted which is not the case clearly.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I have heard from someone in the know that  JJ is blocking LBs texts and has unfriended him on Facebook.  What a bitch.
    Lol, they are grown men for fucks sake, unfriended him on Facebook!! Ooooooooo
    woosh
    Yeah right, so you delete the joke
    I'd already deleted it before your reply made it to the thread.
  • Options
    Hands off. JJ is ours!
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    The interview with JFC before the game was quite telling - he didn't want to linger on the questions about bowyer and changed the subject asap 
    There could be something in it, I did notice that too. 
  • Options
    I think I said this the other day, but if Jacko followed Bowyer to Birmingham, it would have "typecast" him as one of Bowyer's coaching team. Hire Bowyer, get Jacko.

Clearly he doesn't want this, he wants to be a manager in his on right. AND he has far more of a bond to Charlton than to Bowyer anyway, so given the choice between the same job at Charlton or with Bowyer, I can see this as being an easy decision
    I agree. He's only worked for Bowyer and learning from a proven experienced manager like Adkins can only be good for him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry bowyer but no not this time find Someone else 🤣
  • Options
    Sink 
  • Options
    Unlucky Lee, got to make your own way mate.
    Can't lean on JJ to get you out of the shite when it hits the fan, maybe you realise how much you needed him to bounce ideas around, anyway, on your own now.
  • Options
    I think I said this the other day, but if Jacko followed Bowyer to Birmingham, it would have "typecast" him as one of Bowyer's coaching team. Hire Bowyer, get Jacko.

Clearly he doesn't want this, he wants to be a manager in his on right. AND he has far more of a bond to Charlton than to Bowyer anyway, so given the choice between the same job at Charlton or with Bowyer, I can see this as being an easy decision
    Also look at Adkin. He clearly places huge value on coaching and has loads of experience to pass on - a great opportunity to learn.
  • Options
    Given Sandgaard's ambition to achieve premier league status within 5 years , do we believe that Adkins is the man for the job ?

Wikipedia is a useful source ;)
  • Options
    Unlucky Lee, got to make your own way mate.
    Can't lean on JJ to get you out of the shite when it hits the fan, maybe you realise how much you needed him to bounce ideas around, anyway, on your own now.
    So are you saying it was JJ all along that put us through that poor patch? 😉
  • Options
    LB, JJ and Andy Marshall are all pretty close from what I've heard (Rochdale away 18/19!) but it makes sense for JJ to stick around at the club. He's Mr Charlton!
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Bowyer talked about his love and passion for Charlton, but JJ lives it. Ever since he arrived he has been the heartbeat of the team, firstly as a player and captain, then as a coach. If you want proof of how much he cares look at his reaction to the winner at Wembley.

If he leaves I wish him all the best and thank him, but I hope he stays.
    & the reaction of the players who totally mobbed him.
  • Options
    agim said:
    LB, JJ and Andy Marshall are all pretty close from what I've heard (Rochdale away 18/19!) but it makes sense for JJ to stick around at the club. He's Mr Charlton!
    That was October 2018 though. Almost 2 1/2 years ago now, a lot of feelings can change in that time. 
  • Options
    So with Adkins saying maybe in the future JJ could go, and Bows saying in the Birmingham mail that he wants to get a second assistant in the summer, that explains things clearly imo. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So with Adkins saying maybe in the future JJ could go, and Bows saying in the Birmingham mail that he wants to get a second assistant in the summer, that explains things clearly imo. 
    But I thought there was this massive bulling culture under Bowyer? Why would JJ, a club legend, want to get back involved with something Toxic like that....
  • Options
    Tricky one for JJ this. 
    I think Crosby will be at The Valley by the summer. He only signed a deal until the end of the season with Port Vale. 

If that happens, does JJ then join Bowyer at Birmingham? 

Adkins has had Crosby with him at all his clubs. 

"When I first took charge at Scunthorpe I said ‘Don’t tell me what I want to hear, tell me as it is’ and he’s excellent at doing that. You’ve got to have trust in somebody and I’ve got total trust in Andy Crosby."

— Nigel Adkins speaking in August 2018

• Options
    Why can’t we have Crosby and Jackson?
  • Options
    JJ won’t leave, no way. Perfect set up for him now at Charlton. He can learn a lot more from an experienced manager like Adkins than he could from Bowyer. 
    And I’m not sure he was as pally with Bowyer as you might think.
  • Options
    Why can’t we have Crosby and Jackson?
    Many clubs do. Some have two assistants and a head coach, others have won assistant and a head coach. All depends on the budget.

If JJ was leaving I firmly believe he would have done so already. JJ has more chance of reaching his wish to become a Manager by staying with us (as TS has publicly stated that he will be in a couple of years time) than following LB round the country.
  • Options
    Will these ‘alleged’ player bullying accusations come to light in the national press, might explain if true why Albie was left out of the side for 3 weeks?
  • Options
    I think JJ would want to distance himself from bowyer after these accusations flying about. I hope/think he now stays. 
  • Options
    Will these ‘alleged’ player bullying accusations come to light in the national press, might explain if true why Albie was left out of the side for 3 weeks?
    The Morgan treatment was bizarre.

In and around the side doing well and then out of the squad altogether with no explanation. Then he’s back in the team starting and looking great.
    Agreed, the Morgan treatment was at best strange. Think he was one of a number of players very harshly treated. 
  • Options
    JJ will stay I'm sure. He wasnt ready now but TS has made it clear he wants him to stay and learn and hopefully take over down the line. Why on earth would he go to Birmingham? Finally we have stability and a plan here would you go somewhere that is nearly as crazy as we were previously?