Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer progress at Birmingham

Comments

• Dave2l said:
    Yeh being Charlton manager is all of a sudden an xfactor sob story 

Go and f*ck yourself Lee. Adiós
    Hahaha bang on 
  • I thought his time was up anyway, but at the end of the day he walked out on us. 

If you are the type to boo/slag off Scott Parker you should boo Bowyer. 
    If you are the type to boo/slag off Defoe you should boo Bowyer 

if you wish Parker well and understand why he left you should feel the same about Bowyer. 
    Just be consistent with your approach. 

Personally not that bothered once someone leaves us. Don’t go mad or feel proud each time Gomez or Pope appear in a England shirt, they are Liverpool/Burnley players. 

• At no point has Bowyer said he saved the club single handedly, he’s said nothing remotely close to what’s inferred by people in this thread. He’s not ringing journalist’s desperate to spill the beans, he’s asked questions and he’s answering them. 

I really don’t understand how some of you can be so bitter and petty regarding something so trivial. It’s exactly the same sort of characters that are baited by TalkSport. 

He done well for us but he’s now moved on, perhaps we should too...
    He hasn't though. He can't keep Charlton out of his mouth. He needs to get on with his job and stop spouting rubbish.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    At no point has Bowyer said he saved the club single handedly, he’s said nothing remotely close to what’s inferred by people in this thread. He’s not ringing journalist’s desperate to spill the beans, he’s asked questions and he’s answering them. 

I really don’t understand how some of you can be so bitter and petty regarding something so trivial. It’s exactly the same sort of characters that are baited by TalkSport. 

"Him and the rest of coaching staff stayed, keeping the club afloat despite various ownerships seemingly doing everything in their power to destroy it."

If he didn't say it, you seemed to....... 
    Monumental difference between praising the entire coaching staff for staying under unprecedented working conditions and lambasting a single individual for supposedly claiming all the credit himself.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    At no point has Bowyer said he saved the club single handedly, he’s said nothing remotely close to what’s inferred by people in this thread. He’s not ringing journalist’s desperate to spill the beans, he’s asked questions and he’s answering them. 

"Him and the rest of coaching staff stayed, keeping the club afloat despite various ownerships seemingly doing everything in their power to destroy it."

Monumental difference between praising the entire coaching staff for staying under unprecedented working conditions and lambasting a single individual for supposedly claiming all the credit himself.
    There is.  But how did they, who ever they are mean just Bowyer, or him and Jackson or every coach at the club, "keep us a float"?

I have asked that multiple times and the only half answer is they (in this case Bowyer and Gallen) told Dave Jones to "fuck off". 
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    Found Bowyer to be very sanctimonious since leaving. I understand he did a great job but he makes it sound like it was him and him alone who kept the whole club going.

He had great set of player that brought in by a great DOF for a start...never mind the people behind the scenes that werent at board level. 
    Plenty on here think the club would have folded without him. 
    Then thats a disservice to other people working behind the scenes..
  • Shall we all just agree to disagree, lots of different opinions on a very divided subject, onwards and upwards we go with the NIge and Thomas show
  • I dont feel I am being snidey but Ive seen 2-3 interviews like this and I cant understand why he has propped himself up higher than most? 

Appreciate he has gone and taken a new job...its football and it happens, good luck to him!

But just crack on with your current job or get interviewed by better journos who dont ask him the same thing so he can repeat himself! 
  • There is no greater fury than a football fan scorned.

There is no greater fury than a bald male football fan scorned.
  • We all talk about how good we were at our old place when we start new jobs. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2021
    I dont feel I am being snidey but Ive seen 2-3 interviews like this and I cant understand why he has propped himself up higher than most? 

Appreciate he has gone and taken a new job...its football and it happens, good luck to him!

But just crack on with your current job or get interviewed by better journos who dont ask him the same thing so he can repeat himself! 
    Lee Bowyer - "Sorry Sky Sports I can't speak to you today because a bloke on Charlton Life says I need to be interviewed by a better journalist than you".
    There you are, I knew there was a perfectly good way out of this for all concerned, anybody know a good journo??
  • edited April 2021
    I dont feel I am being snidey but Ive seen 2-3 interviews like this and I cant understand why he has propped himself up higher than most? 

Lee Bowyer - "Sorry Sky Sports I can't speak to you today because a bloke on Charlton Life says I need to be interviewed by a better journalist than you".
    Ha Sorry but I do really feel he laid it on thick. Why is there no recognition of people who helped him behind the scenes? Shows a bit of class.

Sky Sports is the latest in the times he has mentioned it. 
  • Croydon said:
    Found Bowyer to be very sanctimonious since leaving. I understand he did a great job but he makes it sound like it was him and him alone who kept the whole club going.

He had great set of player that brought in by a great DOF for a start...never mind the people behind the scenes that werent at board level. 
    Plenty on here think the club would have folded without him. 
    Then thats a disservice to other people working behind the scenes..
    .... like Dame Tracey Leaburn 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

There is.  But how did they, who ever they are mean just Bowyer, or him and Jackson or every coach at the club, "keep us a float"?

I have asked that multiple times and the only half answer is they (in this case Bowyer and Gallen) told Dave Jones to "fuck off". 
    With the greatest of respect, I really can't be bothered to go down this rabbit hole anymore. It's been done to death on multiple threads and it's clear people have already picked which side of the fence they sit on.

I'm personally very thankful for the two years we had under Lee Bowyer, it was a great ride and to me, he'll be fondly remembered. I'm really not bothered what he does or says next, and I certainly won't make the same mistake of reading a thread full of fans that do. 

That's fine and many of us will fondly remember the first 2 and a half years.  That's not "keeping us a float".  You said it.  What does it mean?

That's not taking any side on any argument.  It's asking for clarity on, let's be honest, quite an outlandish claim that YOU, not any one else, have made more than once 
  • edited April 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

With the greatest of respect, I really can't be bothered to go down this rabbit hole anymore. It's been done to death on multiple threads and it's clear people have already picked which side of the fence they sit on.

I'm personally very thankful for the two years we had under Lee Bowyer, it was a great ride and to me, he'll be fondly remembered. I'm really not bothered what he does or says next, and I certainly won't make the same mistake of reading a thread full of fans that do. 

That's fine and many of us will fondly remember the first 2 and a half years.  That's not "keeping us a float".  You said it.  What does it mean?

That's not taking any side on any argument.  It's asking for clarity on, let's be honest, quite an outlandish claim that YOU, not any one else, have made more than once 

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

You mean it's just shit you made up to make a point and can't actually justify it?   Glad we have cleared that up 
  • edited April 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

You mean it's just shit you made up to make a point and can't actually justify it?   Glad we have cleared that up 
    There’s no need to get hostile over such trivial matters. 

I’ve explained my position multiple times over multiple threads. You’re more than welcome to have a scroll through my past comments to see what I’ve said in the on the topic. It’s been done to death, I don’t want to regurgitate.

To save everyone else’s time, you’re more than welcome to PM me if you want to discuss it further.
  • Can argue Bowyer's presence was one of the reasons TS chose Charlton to takeover, but since he apparently wanted out before TS rocked out he probably can't have that one either.

"My vision is to get promoted from League One as quickly as realistically possible. One of the more attractive things about Charlton was to have Lee Bowyer on board. We're totally on the same page when it comes to how to play football and how to look for players."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11684/12081336/charlton-athletic-thomas-sandgaard-claims-victory-in-fight-to-own-club
  • edited April 2021

I think that’s an acronym too far. Irving out and downplay everything he’s done for the club.