Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer progress at Birmingham

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    We all talk about how good we were at our old place when we start new jobs. 
    Good point
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Karel Fraeye doesn’t 
  • Options
    he does he does, he talks about how he learnt how to properly understand the importance of clean laundry for the players after having close proximity to the issue as part of his championship management career. 

Sells cleaning products now. 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Can argue Bowyer's presence was one of the reasons TS chose Charlton to takeover, but since he apparently wanted out before TS rocked out he probably can't have that one either.

"My vision is to get promoted from League One as quickly as realistically possible. One of the more attractive things about Charlton was to have Lee Bowyer on board. We're totally on the same page when it comes to how to play football and how to look for players."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11684/12081336/charlton-athletic-thomas-sandgaard-claims-victory-in-fight-to-own-club
    This is neither a pro or anti Bowyer comment, but the current manager is a minor consideration when you look at all the other factors involved in buying a club, as the manager is in many ways the least secure "asset" a club has. If a manager wants to resign, there's nothing the owner can do about it.

Obviously Thomas said positive things about Bowyer and the other staff, but that's what sensible (and decent) business people do.
  • Options
    Its clear he has a delusional over inflated opinion of himself, the club folded with him in charge when we went about 17 games without a win, ultimately relegating us down to him. Yet he seems to believe it all down to others when he fails, refs owners etc
    You really are a very weird individual.

Zzzzzzzzz!

• Options
    Its clear he has a delusional over inflated opinion of himself, the club folded with him in charge when we went about 17 games without a win, ultimately relegating us down to him. Yet he seems to believe it all down to others when he fails, refs owners etc
    You really are a very weird individual.

Zzzzzzzzz!

You seem to reply to a lot of my posts saying this but whenever I ask for a reasonable response saying why you think this you just ignore it.
  • Options
    You seem to be totally unaware (or choose to ignore), of all the reasons we were relegated that were completely beyond Bowyers control.
    At one point we had no fewer than 14 players in the treatment room.
    Losing Taylor due to his Montserrat injury and then his refusal to play was beyond bad luck.......you couldn’t make it up.
    Add to that the shit stunt pulled by Southall on transfer day, the ensuing embargo and then a wage cap of all things when we at last had an owner who was prepared to put some money in for a decent transfer budget.
    It’s true to say the new squad after Wembley was more or less thrown together at times, with Gallen and Bows hands tied behind their backs.
    Lastly, just the whole way the club was operating on a day to day basis was shockingly short of anything near acceptable. The ESI saga drained the life out of everyone at the club from top to bottom.
    We will never know how well Bow and Gallen could have done with a decent transfer budget, which now seems will be available to Addickins.
    He stuck around through it all, when I am certain others would have walked......it was a mad house!
    It would have taken a miracle to have avoided relegation given all the problems we encountered.....a miracle which was almost achieved, were it not for some bizarre results on the final day.
    Just what did you expect, you have never seemed to acknowledge any of the points I have pointed out? Just posted totally OTT comments about Bow from day one......and you’re still doing it FFS!
    Did he refuse to sign your autograph book or something?
    You arrived on the forum out of the blue and immediately proceeded with the most hostile attacks on Bow dished out at every opportunity.
    You stood out like a sore thumb.🤨😤🧐

Like I say.....weird.

So I am 'weird' as a person because I don't rate Bowyer, I think the fact you are a grown man getting irate at somebody for critiquing a football manager as if he was your son is odd.

Bowyer sent us down last year, we continued to play out from the back even though it never ever worked and cost us countless goals, if you have a low budget play football like you have a low budget and don't play out from the back with Jason Pearce and Tom Lockyer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You seem to be totally unaware (or choose to ignore), of all the reasons we were relegated that were completely beyond Bowyers control.
    Losing Taylor due to his Montserrat injury and then his refusal to play was beyond bad luck.......you couldn’t make it up.
    Add to that the shit stunt pulled by Southall on transfer day, the ensuing embargo and then a wage cap of all things when we at last had an owner who was prepared to put some money in for a decent transfer budget.
    It’s true to say the new squad after Wembley was more or less thrown together at times, with Gallen and Bows hands tied behind their backs.
    Lastly, just the whole way the club was operating on a day to day basis was shockingly short of anything near acceptable. The ESI saga drained the life out of everyone at the club from top to bottom.
    We will never know how well Bow and Gallen could have done with a decent transfer budget, which now seems will be available to Addickins.
    He stuck around through it all, when I am certain others would have walked......it was a mad house!
    It would have taken a miracle to have avoided relegation given all the problems we encountered.....a miracle which was almost achieved, were it not for some bizarre results on the final day.
    Just what did you expect, you have never seemed to acknowledge any of the points I have pointed out? Just posted totally OTT comments about Bow from day one......and you’re still doing it FFS!
    You arrived on the forum out of the blue and immediately proceeded with the most hostile attacks on Bow dished out at every opportunity.

Like I say.....weird.

The first point he applied for the Birmingham job in the summer and tried to get an interview at Huddersfield, hardly loyalty is it? 

He had a water tight contract that was stacked massively in his favour.  To claim he didn't walk out of some sort of loyalty or sense of duty is as much total rubbish as it is to suggest he was solely responsible for our relegation.

He is neither the messiah nor a very naughty boy.  He had a job he did it, sometimes very well, some times not so well and some times badly. He left when he got offered, what he thought, a better job.  The same as most of us have done and will do again.

The second point, how else does someone arrive on a forum?  

• Options

Like I say.....weird.

So I am 'weird' as a person because I don't rate Bowyer, I think the fact you are a grown man getting irate at somebody for critiquing a football manager as if he was your son is odd.

Bowyer sent us down last year, we continued to play out from the back even though it never ever worked and cost us countless goals, if you have a low budget play football like you have a low budget and don't play out from the back with Jason Pearce and Tom Lockyer.
    Not rating him is one thing, you are perfectly entitled not to rate him........but constantly slagging the fella off and showing him not the slightest bit of respect, given all the problems he encountered, is down right poor form.
    Incidentally, your view we were relegated because of our persisting in playing out from the back is pure conjecture.....whereas all the points I have raised are all factual.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    One factor to consider is that Bowyer in situ protected us from Dave Jones.
    Or the fact the person who wanted to put Dave Jones in didn't actually own the club, nor have any legal authority.  That point often gets over looked. 
  • Options
    Can't see anything wrong in what he said  - pretty understated. he did have a lot of things to put up with that most managers wouldn't.
    Didn’t he sign contracts for both Duchatelet and Southall? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Like I say.....weird.

The first point he applied for the Birmingham job in the summer and tried to get an interview at Huddersfield, hardly loyalty is it? 

He had a water tight contract that was stacked massively in his favour.  To claim he didn't walk out of some sort of loyalty or sense of duty is as much total rubbish as it is to suggest he was solely responsible for our relegation.

He is neither the messiah nor a very naughty boy.  He had a job he did it, sometimes very well, some times not so well and some times badly. He left when he got offered, what he thought, a better job.  The same as most of us have done and will do again.

Your first paragraph..........that’s news to me!
    Your final sentence, I think you got my drift and know what I am driving at.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    seth plum said:
    One factor to consider is that Bowyer in situ protected us from Dave Jones.
    Or the fact the person who wanted to put Dave Jones in didn't actually own the club, nor have any legal authority.  That point often gets over looked. 
    Irrelevant during the days of ESI, being bald didn’t stop Southall from getting an expensive haircut.
  • Options
    Whilst working under difficult circumstances I do feel we could have stayed up last season and the fact we didn’t do so is largely due to Bowyer. For example his negativity away at Birmingham led to us surrendering a one goal lead and dropping two points that would have keep us up.

I agree with whomever said above that he’s neither the messiah or a very naughty boy. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Karel Fraeye doesn’t 
    No swearing on this forum, please.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Like I say.....weird.

I'd like to know if it is fact Bowyer applied for other positions.
    Bowyer stayed through the s***show going on.  I am certain he put his loyalty to us over money. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Like I say.....weird.

"talkSPORT understands Bowyer had maintained dialogue with Birmingham hierarchy for some time having come close to joining the Blues in the summer, only for Karanka to pip him to the job."

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talksport.com/football/efl/850353/lee-bowyer-birmingham-city-charlton-aitor-karanka/amp/

That's not the only source I have seen but the first one I found. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Like I say.....weird.

Bowyer stayed through the s***show going on.  I am certain he put his loyalty to us over money. 
    When he had one of the Range Rovers the tracker picked him up going to and from Birmingham numerous times, last time round. That came from Lee Amis (make of that what you will) but let's face it, seems plausible
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    At no point has Bowyer said he saved the club single handedly, he’s said nothing remotely close to what’s inferred by people in this thread. He’s not ringing journalist’s desperate to spill the beans, he’s asked questions and he’s answering them. 

I really don’t understand how some of you can be so bitter and petty regarding something so trivial. It’s exactly the same sort of characters that are baited by TalkSport. 

He done well for us but he’s now moved on, perhaps we should too...
    He hasn't though. He can't keep Charlton out of his mouth. He needs to get on with his job and stop spouting rubbish.
    The irony is excellent.

It was April 1st when you posted this so I’ll let it off as a wind up.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Like I say.....weird.

Bowyer said himself a number of times that he’d had other opportunities to leave, Brum and Swansea being two, so I’m sure he was putting himself forward for positions.
  • Options
    Is this the same Birmingham where his In Laws live?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Like I say.....weird.

Bowyer said himself a number of times that he’d had other opportunities to leave, Brum and Swansea being two, so I’m sure he was putting himself forward for positions.
    I think he ruled himself out of Cardiff when Harris got it.  He may have been offered/sounded out for the Birmingham job in the summer of 2019.  He certainly was intrested in it in the summer of 2020.

It's also possible he was approached for the Swansea job in the summer of 2019. 

I honestly believe he had job offers in the summer of 2019, which he turned down.  I also believe he was actively looking for a job for most of 2020.