Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer progress at Birmingham

Comments

• Options
    I think Lee can be a good motivator, as long as he doesn't lose the dressing room i think he will be fine.
  • Options
    2-1 vs Reading
    0-3 vs Watford
    1-0 vs Swansea
    0-0 vs Brentford

7 points out of 12, all against top 6 sides is a great set of results

Two consecutive clean sheets too...
    He's done superbly, I would have expected 1 or 2 points from those fixtures.
  • Options
    Results have been great given the opposition that Lee has faced since taking over... But apart from defeats against Barnsley and Bristol City (the last two games for Karanka) the form for Birmingham has been pretty consitent over the last ten games

e.g. Bowyer's games in Bold

WLWDLLWLWD
  • Options
    Results have been great given the opposition that Lee has faced since taking over... But apart from defeats against Barnsley and Bristol City (the last two games for Karanka) the form for Birmingham has been pretty consitent over the last ten games

e.g. Bowyer's games in Bold

WLWDLLWLWD

This was also a good time to play Brentford (4 draws on the bounce and only 3 wins from last 11) especially as Birmingham didn't actually manage a single shot on target and Swansea (4 defeats on the trot and only once scored more than one goal in their last 13 matches). 
  • Options
    mascot88 said:
    It's old school management, like Mouronhio, go in there get them to blindly believe in the master. Work them HARD consistently. 

Then 2 years in the team is like a battered wife scared and shaking in the corner. 

It works, but it has a limited lifespan. 

It's early days admittedly but given how things went here and seem to be going at Birmingham, I can see this being something of a pattern/path for Bowyer in management - the guy who is called in for a "bump" at a club in a rut but maybe not a long term solution to problems.

Maybe he will surprise me and was just burned out by the time he left us but unless he learns a more conciliatory side I can't see him changing his style, which comes with a fairly short lifespan in management terms.
  • Options
    Impact manager. Let’s see how he does next season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    Fair enough, always assuming he is still there next season, don't forget this is Birmingham we are talking about, they have had 7 managers since April 2017, so a very rocky unstable history, and also the added embargo, so not a given yet.
  • Options
    Good, can’t stand Brentford..... used to be indifferent.... but last few years have developed a dislike. 
    Just an absolute nothing team. Load of 'fans' have appeared out of the woodwork in the last few seasons too, same as Brighton had, because they want to get in for a Premier League ST
  • Options
    I see Brentford have commenced their annual bottling 
    Alternatively you could argue that despite selling their 2 best players (Watkins and Benrahma) they've done really well to be back in the play off picture again this season.

This summer (if they don't go up) they'll sell Toney, look for another bargain and then go again.
  • Options
    I see Brentford have commenced their annual bottling 
    Alternatively you could argue that despite selling their 2 best players (Watkins and Benrahma) they've done really well to be back in the play off picture again this season.

This summer (if they don't go up) they'll sell Toney, look for another bargain and then go again.
    Toney was a bit of an easy replacement though, although no guarantee that he was going to step up to the Championship

Benrahma has probably been the bigger miss as dont think they replaced him
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Martin Allen used to do this (including at Brentford). He would go in and make them swim across rivers and sing songs and all that, great results at the start, but nothing to back it up, apparently. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    terrific point gained at the Bees, although the Bees are in bad form and are the new draw experts, in the Champ
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Redhenry said:
    Croydon said:
    Good, can’t stand Brentford..... used to be indifferent.... but last few years have developed a dislike. 
    Just an absolute nothing team. Load of 'fans' have appeared out of the woodwork in the last few seasons too, same as Brighton had, because they want to get in for a Premier League ST
    Not having Brighton pulled up like that .
    They had ground issues but I've always considered them a reasonably well supported team whatever league they were in and always had much better away support than us .
    I now live in Hove, loads of people wearing Brighton branded clothing, always had a good fan base.. and they hate Palace!
    Come on now @Redhenry get with it, it's HoveActually  ;)
  • Options
    I think the ground is going to have there capacity  enlarged to about 35,000 
  • Options
    Wasn't slagging the fanbase off, just pointing out they've picked up a load of Sussex Premier League fans. Next you'll be telling me that every ST holder we had in the Prem was die hard Charlton.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Wasn't slagging the fanbase off, just pointing out they've picked up a load of Sussex Premier League fans. Next you'll be telling me that every ST holder we had in the Prem was die hard Charlton.
    A lot of Man United fans were lost the day Brighton won promotion to the Premier League. 
  • Options
    mascot88 said:
    It's old school management, like Mouronhio, go in there get them to blindly believe in the master. Work them HARD consistently. 

Then 2 years in the team is like a battered wife scared and shaking in the corner. 

It works, but it has a limited lifespan. 

Was the theme with us under bowyer in the champ start well, fall apart.
    Happened at both restarts last year.