Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer progress at Birmingham

Comments

• Options
    Another season. Another great escape. They'll go down at some point.
  • Options
    Two poor teams but Swansea were third incredibly. I think Birmingham lacked real threat but had two penalties and should have had three so a fair result. They have a realistic chance of avoiding the drop but a lot of football still to be played.
  • Options
    Doesn’t do Wednesday any favours which is a good thing but would much rather see Birmingham drop, scummy club with scummy fans. Hopefully Rotherham can pull themselves clear and put both of them down. 
    Got a couple of good mates that are Birmingham, we always have a decent booze in Digbeth.  Although have to be on our guard. 
  • Options
    Rotherham have home games with Coventry and Birmingham that will crucial to their survival.

Obviously they have games in hand, but they now have to play 11 games in just under 5 weeks. That's a tough ask.
  • Options
    Two poor teams but Swansea were third incredibly. I think Birmingham lacked real threat but had two penalties and should have had three so a fair result. They have a realistic chance of avoiding the drop but a lot of football still to be played.
    Swansea are on the slide. They were in serious contention for automatic promotion but have gone off the boil, so perfect timing for Bowyer to meet them really
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Dave2l said:
    Birmingham have scumbag fans. It's a shithole. 

Everyone has a painful accent. 

Great club....

They don't even compare with us. We are a million times better then them in pretty much every department.

They are the Midlands Millwall 

Birmingham is a s***hole? I can point to MANY parts of London that will counter that.
    A London accent is hardly pleasing on the ear.
    Millions time better? Really?
  • Options
    Out the midlands clubs only one I’ve not visited it villa, never really got on with brum fans have a large England away following and usually twats. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Didn't they brick our coaches carrying supporters back in the 90s?

• Options
    Chunes said:

Yes, they did.
    We beat them 4-3 in a Sunday game on tele.
    The game was not policed due to a ding dong with Karen Brady and the WM plod.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty certain one of the bricked coaches was the junior reds one. I stand corrected if not. 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Pretty certain one of the bricked coaches was the junior reds one. I stand corrected if not. 
    Correct.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

They weren't best pleased in 98 when we stopped them making the play offs. They needed to beat us, it ended 0-0. The rest is history.
  • Options
    Not read most of this thread, so apologies if posted already - the article is a couple of days old. But it looks, as I suspected from the start, that Bow has put himself back a year as far as ownership of the club he is managing is concerned?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56601076?at_medium=custom7&at_custom1=[post+type]&at_custom4=A1A9716C-933D-11EB-AC21-9D1716F31EAE&at_custom2=facebook_page&at_campaign=64&at_custom3=Match+of+the+Day&fbclid=IwAR1NUziGgzUZy3hmc2e0wzkKBTBsC8j5_StC4lMvLSst81tclL4xMmTH2ho
  • Options
    From the BBC article, I thought ACV status only provided a 6 month notification period and did not offer the protection claimed?;

"The club had already sold the ground in 2018-19 to deal with Financial Fair Play (FFP) and didn't own the ground anyway. But St Andrew's is an asset of community value status. So, if anyone was worried that the ground might get knocked down and turned into a block of flats, that's not going to happen."
  • Options
    From the BBC article, I thought ACV status only provided a 6 month notification period and did not offer the protection claimed?;

"The club had already sold the ground in 2018-19 to deal with Financial Fair Play (FFP) and didn't own the ground anyway. But St Andrew's is an asset of community value status. So, if anyone was worried that the ground might get knocked down and turned into a block of flats, that's not going to happen."
    Either way, their situation appears to be far from rosy, SA. I know we still have a bit of uncertainty over the ground, but at least we are fairly sure we have a trustworthy bloke owning the club, I know that is not something all Blues fans feel.    
  • Options
    The first penalty was a farce. Leko was caught  on the sole of his foot yet he seemed to fall backwards as if he had been pole axed by an upper cut to the jaw. Then he rolled around in agony clutching his shin !

The ball was moving away from goal faster than he was moving forward so hardly denied a clear scoring chance.Too many penalties are soft where people fall over at the drop of a hat.
    It was a clear penalty. As you say, "Leko was caught on the sole of his foot". What happened immediately subsequently and the velocity of the ball are both entirely irrelevant. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:

They weren't best pleased in 98 when we stopped them making the play offs. They needed to beat us, it ended 0-0. The rest is history.
    Ilic made 3 or 4 top saves that day. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Chunes said:

Was it them that bricked The Junior Reds coach?

Sorry.....just seen that mentioned above confirming my thoughts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:

They actually came on the coaches and attacked us.
    We were upstairs on a double decker and a guy called Andy Church was hitting them over the head with a smallish iron bar he got from somewhere as they tried to get upstairs.
    They were even kicking the bus as we started on the dual carriageway, absolute nutters.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Chunes said:

They actually came on the coaches and attacked us.
    We were upstairs on a double decker and a guy called Andy Church was hitting them over the head with a smallish iron bar he got from somewhere as they tried to get upstairs.
    They were even kicking the bus as we started on the dual carriageway, absolute nutters.
    2 blokes got upstairs, one of them whacked Andy from behind, the other dropped the iron bar and a couple of his mates chased them off.  That's where he got it from.

I was on that bus and one that didn't have the windows put in a couple of years before.  
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Remember our coach getting bricked at Cardiff City in 1971.

Cardiff ...... the Millwall of Wales. 

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Chunes said:

Remember our coach getting bricked at Cardiff City in 1971.

Cardiff ...... the Millwall of Wales. 

I reckon the taffs make millll look like angels.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Chunes said:

You must be a youngster, they also stoned and bricked our coaches in the late sixties 😉. 
  • Options
    I see Brentford have commenced their annual bottling 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I see Brentford have commenced their annual bottling 
    3 seasons in a row they’ve had the top or almost top scorer in the league and failed to finish in top 2.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Chunes said:

You must be a youngster, they also stoned and bricked our coaches in the late sixties 😉. 
    Everyone is young compared to you.....Uncle Chaser.
  • Options
    Well done to Bows.  It was an incredibly tough start of fixtures for him and they have seen a big bounce.