Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nigel Adkins - confirmed as permanent Tranmere manager (p52)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2021
    dickad1 said:
    We need to spend the summer coming up with songs, so we can serenade him when we finally get back into the valley.
    .... walking along, hearing birdsong, walking in an Adkins wonderland.

Excellent dick.
    Short, concise, with alliteration, Rhyme, and
    Nigel's hobbies included with a happy ending all in three lines.
  • Options
    So many times on CL, I do a potential assist and there is no one there to score.
    Stig, I'm pleased you got your helmet on to the cross  :#
  • Options
    So many times on CL, I do a potential assist and there is no one there to score.
    Fair point, maybe there should be an "assist" along side the Like and LoL boxes B)  
  • Options
    We had loads for Lee,

Woke up this morning feeling fine....

Lee, Lee, Lee Bowyer

and I’ve forgotten the rest...

Nigel adkin 
    Niiigel adkin 
    He goes for long walks
    He talks to pigeons 
    We go again tomorrow 

1 2 3 4

• Options
    Nadkins wear glasses
    On his daily walk
    He's thinking about passes
    And how much he's going to talk.

Nadkins is a winner
    In the third tier
    And when we score plenty of goals
    He's going to have a beer. 

Nadkins has his eggs
    Sunny side up
    And when our team find their legs
    We gonna win the FA cup.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45NOP1OA-EQ
  • Options
    Sounds painful...
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    aliwibble said:
    Sounds painful...

Thanks Ali,
    I claim another assist in the double entendre league.
  • Options
    I would say the target for Nigel is tougher than Bowyer's. Top six was reasonable for Bowyer, promotion needs to be the target for Nigel. I hope he does it and even believe he will do it, but he is going to have a free run at it with a supportive owner so we shouldn't be wishy washy about what the target is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would say the target for Nigel is tougher than Bowyer's. Top six was reasonable for Bowyer, promotion needs to be the target for Nigel. I hope he does it and even believe he will do it, but he is going to have a free run at it with a supportive owner so we shouldn't be wishy washy about what the target is.
    He's already set his stall out, in the post-match interview Vs Hull as Hull were celebrating in the background he confidently said "Don't worry, that'll be us next year."

Gotta love that mentality
  • Options
    As long as fans give Nigel Adkins time:
    The second half of the Second game should be about right  :/
  • Options
    He will be his own man. I look forward to seeing what his team will look like and play like. We can't do anything about that. Personally I'd try to get Naby back as well as Stockley and retain Chuks. Imagine set pieces with Chuks and Stockley up front and Innis and Naby as centre halves. But that says more about me that whan Adkins will do. I expect he will play entertaining football :)
  • Options
    Problem is with what's gone on with Roland and Esi, the trust we have in owners are lower than ever. Not saying that I or others don't trust TS because I do, but some I think because of what's gone on are desperate for immediate success tommorow and getting to the premier league in no time and anything else means there is something wrong or assume the worst about TS.

I can understand being cautious but when people are moaning for the sake of it without evidence, it's frustrating. 

That was shown in the Adkins appointment, with loads being dissapointed about it, because we're expecting a bigger name like Wilder or Howe and got their hopes up too much. 

I just hope that next Yr we don't assume the worst every off performance or mistake.

Think we have to get top 2 next Yr no doubt. I'm not worried about other teams because it's only May and we should only focus on ourselves and what we're doing. If Sunderland were all that, they surely would have got promoted by now? Considering we done it under a worse ownership and so have Hull. 

• Options
    Why can't Jacko have a go at these these irritating videos-  at least during the summer.
  • Options
    You cannot help yourself just loving this guys attitude. 

unless you are @grumpyaddick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'Talking is brilliant, make sure you phone your mate up and make sure he's OK'
    Sexist Nigel, Sexist. What about the rest of us buggers who are cracking up? Mind you, I won't bother answering the phone if I feel shite. :wink:
    Don’t get me started Tatters!
    I read on Twatter today that the Covid vaccine is messing with ‘peoples’ menstrual cycle.
    Peoples? People’s?
    I’m sure all those suffragettes are turning in their grave when even our periods have been taken away from us ffs 😫😫😫😫

But, I do love the Gaffer, so he’s forgiven 😘😘 
  • Options
    Sexist Nigel, Sexist. What about the rest of us buggers who are cracking up? Mind you, I won't bother answering the phone if I feel shite. :wink:
    I read on Twatter today that the Covid vaccine is messing with ‘peoples’ menstrual cycle.
    Peoples? People’s?
    I’m sure all those suffragettes are turning in their grave when even our periods have been taken away from us ffs 😫😫😫😫

That’s you not getting an invite to do a university speech anytime soon😀
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Peoples? People’s?

That’s you not getting an invite to do a university speech anytime soon😀
    Oh dear.
    How sad.
    Never mind.

I notice they’re not too quick to claim the menopause..............yet! 🙄😫😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    Why can't Jacko have a go at these these irritating videos-  at least during the summer.

Too busy playing his guitar ........ new songs to learn.

Then he'll have to do a video.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Then a tour................
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Oggy Red said:

Then a tour................
    With Rock on Tommy.

At the Marquee ......... Sparrows Lane.

• Options
    Springwatch eat your heart out!