Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nigel Adkins - confirmed as permanent Tranmere manager (p52)

Comments

• edited April 2021
    Plenty of people thought that this video walk was a flash in the pan, but clearly not, so long may it reign i say, 
    let's "go make the most of it" and take it in the manner intended, good on yer guvnor  :)
    Can't wait for the winter when it's cold, the wind is howling & the rain lashing down  :D

Will he be so positive ? Of course he will  :D  
    'course he will, may need an umbrella but he is just a positive person.
  • bobmunro said:

On balance, I think my worst nightmare would be being stuck in a lift with Professor Positive.

Reminds me of one of those dreadful evangelical born-again Christians. 

He seriously gives me the creeps.  
    When I first heard him I would agree with you. Then I started seeing it as him having a bit of a laugh. If I thought he was being serious it would freak me out a bit. Mind you, that final grin he does at the end is, most definitely, creepy.
    I guess by the very nature of what I did prior to being a goat farmer, I find that because he always uses the same turn of phrase (walking is great, birds are singing, sun is shining, let’s make the most of the day etc) I can’t help thinking he’s hiding something 😳
    What did you do prior to being a goat farmer ? (of course if you were undercover SAS best keep it to yourself)
    Worked for the Met (not the weather one).

Any contacts within AC12?

If so, who is H?
    And do you know @Tom-of-se9? 😉

• That really cracked me up..cheers Ricky!
  • edited April 2021
    clive said:

He's really got to do something about the final grin. Imagine waking up in the morning, rolling over, and seeing that grin. Stuff of nightmares.
    Would that really be the only thing on your mind if you did find yourself rolling over
    and finding him next to you...his grin!! ;)
  • Chunes said:
    Interested to know if the Cowley & Cook backers have been won over? 

Cook in particular seems all over the place with his post-match comments. One week blaming the players lack of heart, next week saying "There'll be no criticism of the players from me now, we're past all that aren't we?"
    Reckon he's been told to turn it down a bit. Watched a funny interview with Barry Robson who used to play at Celtic and Boro under Strachan.

Despite getting on really well with him he said when Strachan went to Boro he alienated and sagged off a lot of the players already there and started brining in half of the spl down there early on all at same time

Robson said how it's not good to do things like that so early on and you have to work with and try and get the best out of what youve got. Unsurprisingly it didn't work out for Strachan down there 

Mind you I wouldn't write off Cook as a manager yet he's only had around 10 games despite the start they've made 
  • clive said:

He's really got to do something about the final grin. Imagine waking up in the morning, rolling over, and seeing that grin. Stuff of nightmares.

You not keen on a Grin and tonic first thing ?

The choice is yours Arsene,

The happy chappy with the positive outlook on life or Matthew Southall who will give you a catalogue and ask you to pick the extra large. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2021
    Chunes said:
    clive said:

Particularly as the first words would be “trust you slept well” making you desperately try to recall what might have happened during the night. 
    ... "Good morning. Trust you slept well... Start again?"
    “W@nking.... I mean walking is good”
  • He is starting a new job amongst strangers at a place where he doesn’t know the culture...yet.
    When we went 6-0 up at Plymouth my instant thought was can we get a seventh because it would be a new all time club record.
    Mr Adkins didn’t think that, or know that or probably even speculated on that.
    Do any of us know off the top of our heads Scunthorpe’s record away win? Or Southampton’s, or Hull’s, or Reading’s or Tranmere’s? If we got a job in those places it would take a while to assimilate.
    So what do you do?
    You firstly say they chose me, and so they must want me...any warts and all. Secondly you probably fall back on the psychological manual on ‘How to get started in a new job’, which includes being nice to people and positive and enthusiastic. What else is there to go on at the start?
    Nigel Adkins is feeling his way as best he can, and being a football manager, as opposed to being a PR man, or a nuanced actor he may not have the subtlety or undercurrent or skill he would show if he was.
    Hence the reliance on things which to him seem tried and tested in the past, including the grin probably.
    I wouldn’t worry about it anyway, the results are what matter, and so far so good.
  • seth plum said:
    He is starting a new job amongst strangers at a place where he doesn’t know the culture...yet.
    When we went 6-0 up at Plymouth my instant thought was can we get a seventh because it would be a new all time club record.
    Mr Adkins didn’t think that, or know that or probably even speculated on that.
    Do any of us know off the top of our heads Scunthorpe’s record away win? Or Southampton’s, or Hull’s, or Reading’s or Tranmere’s? If we got a job in those places it would take a while to assimilate.
    So what do you do?
    You firstly say they chose me, and so they must want me...any warts and all. Secondly you probably fall back on the psychological manual on ‘How to get started in a new job’, which includes being nice to people and positive and enthusiastic. What else is there to go on at the start?
    Nigel Adkins is feeling his way as best he can, and being a football manager, as opposed to being a PR man, or a nuanced actor he may not have the subtlety or undercurrent or skill he would show if he was.
    Hence the reliance on things which to him seem tried and tested in the past, including the grin probably.
    I wouldn’t worry about it anyway, the results are what matter, and so far so good.
    Stevenage away, 8-0
  • Fans in ‘like new manager on unbeaten run’ shocker
  • Fans in ‘like new manager on unbeaten run’ shocker
    Absolutely this. I can just imagine how well all the morning walk videos will go down if we go a couple of months without a win. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I see the social media boycott is going well.
  • Addickted said:
    I see the social media boycott is going well.
    Starts 15.00 Friday.