Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nigel Adkins - confirmed as permanent Tranmere manager (p52)

Comments

• he does have a bit of a ned flanders vibe about him, but i quite like it.
    This is spot on 

• On balance, I think my worst nightmare would be being stuck in a lift with Professor Positive.

Reminds me of one of those dreadful evangelical born-again Christians. 

He seriously gives me the creeps.  
    When I first heard him I would agree with you. Then I started seeing it as him having a bit of a laugh. If I thought he was being serious it would freak me out a bit. Mind you, that final grin he does at the end is, most definitely, creepy.
    I guess by the very nature of what I did prior to being a goat farmer, I find that because he always uses the same turn of phrase (walking is great, birds are singing, sun is shining, let’s make the most of the day etc) I can’t help thinking he’s hiding something 😳

Have you heard him screaming at the players? I can't say I've heard him say 'Don't worry about that dodgy back pass, Pearcy, the sun is shining'.

I think it's part personality, part piss-take. Either way I can live with it.
  • Doesn't Nige sound extra happy today, happy birthday Phil by the way :)
    Might be a time to change the heading of this thread, we all know he is the manager now, and Jacko is the assistant...... maybe .."The Adkins Morning Show"
    I actually think that he sounds much the same as he does every day - upbeat and looking on the brighter side of life. And it is great that he acknowledges what a fantastic result we had last night but that we need to focus on the next game. We can't change what happened against Plymouth anymore than we could had we lost but we can use it as another stepping stone to the ultimate goal.

In fact, Adkins might well have written that great poem by Rudyard Kipling:

"If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same

You'll be promoted Charlton Athletic "    
    Rudyard Kipling?  

I thought it was Mike Bassett....

• On balance, I think my worst nightmare would be being stuck in a lift with Professor Positive.

When I first heard him I would agree with you. Then I started seeing it as him having a bit of a laugh. If I thought he was being serious it would freak me out a bit. Mind you, that final grin he does at the end is, most definitely, creepy.
    I guess by the very nature of what I did prior to being a goat farmer, I find that because he always uses the same turn of phrase (walking is great, birds are singing, sun is shining, let’s make the most of the day etc) I can’t help thinking he’s hiding something 😳
    What did you do prior to being a goat farmer ? (of course if you were undercover SAS best keep it to yourself)

What did you do prior to being a goat farmer ? (of course if you were undercover SAS best keep it to yourself)
    Worked for the Met (not the weather one).

Is it true that goat farmers are taller than sheep farmers?
  • The Dali Lama,. Ken Dodd, Thomas Sandgaard, Norman Vincent Beale, Nigel Adkins, Mr Motivator.

Gurus who only come around once in a lifetime.

Brilliant just Brilliant.

Oi
  • Would take a Mr Positive any day rather than the we have no chance defeatist realism that clearly isn't realism at all as Mr Positive is proving.
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:
    mendonca said:
    Looks a pretty scenic backdrop.....where is it?
    Ho!Ho!Ho! :)
    I don’t think it’s Lapland but after last night, Christmas has come early 
    The custard came out early last night!!😳😜🤣

Thanks just curious  :D

Any contacts within AC12?

If so, who is H?
  • Just out of interest? Has Adkins always been this enthusiastic whilst at other clubs? Or has he turned it up to max level for the benefit of getting an early impact?. I mean I love it, but for someone as grumpy as I am in the morning I just can’t work out how he does it!!!😂.  If things continue and we do go up, whoever decided Adkins was for us either has a crystal ball, is really lucky and should put a bet on( obviously bet responsibly!) or really knows there stuff and accept all the adulation for it. To me he fits Charlton like a glove. I’m back to not being able to wait for the next game again. Thankyou TS.
  • Ok so he is quirky with all the positive vibes but I dont think he is anyone's fool. He has shown that by leaving a job when faced with silly owners in the past. I think he is the perfect choice to build the foundations for the club. Whoever was behind his recruitment is a shrewd cookie. I dont think many would argue that he isnt a league above any of our recent managers and I dont mean because of our recent results as I think there are alot of managers that could get those results from our squad that's what I found so frustrating all season
  • bobmunro said:
    Best Fast Show Brilliant GIFs  Gfycat

This is the first thing I thought of too :D

• Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

On balance, I think my worst nightmare would be being stuck in a lift with Professor Positive.

If so, who is H?
    I’m probably the only one who isn’t watching 🙄🤣🤣
  • bobmunro said:

On balance, I think my worst nightmare would be being stuck in a lift with Professor Positive.

If so, who is H?
    I’m probably the only one who isn’t watching 🙄🤣🤣
    No your not!, Guilty as charged M'lud B)
  • paulfox said:
    Just out of interest? Has Adkins always been this enthusiastic whilst at other clubs? Or has he turned it up to max level for the benefit of getting an early impact?. I mean I love it, but for someone as grumpy as I am in the morning I just can’t work out how he does it!!!😂.  If things continue and we do go up, whoever decided Adkins was for us either has a crystal ball, is really lucky and should put a bet on( obviously bet responsibly!) or really knows there stuff and accept all the adulation for it. To me he fits Charlton like a glove. I’m back to not being able to wait for the next game again. Thankyou TS.
    He certainly was the same at Southampton. He’s just a genuinely positive person. He’s probably just at the wrong club now though!
  • Plenty of people thought that this video walk was a flash in the pan, but clearly not, so long may it reign i say, 
    let's "go make the most of it" and take it in the manner intended, good on yer guvnor  :)
  • Interested to know if the Cowley & Cook backers have been won over? 

Cook in particular seems all over the place with his post-match comments. One week blaming the players lack of heart, next week saying "There'll be no criticism of the players from me now, we're past all that aren't we?"
  • Plenty of people thought that this video walk was a flash in the pan, but clearly not, so long may it reign i say, 
    let's "go make the most of it" and take it in the manner intended, good on yer guvnor  :)
    Can't wait for the winter when it's cold, the wind is howling & the rain lashing down  :D

Will he be so positive ? Of course he will  :D  
  • paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    Just out of interest? Has Adkins always been this enthusiastic whilst at other clubs? Or has he turned it up to max level for the benefit of getting an early impact?. I mean I love it, but for someone as grumpy as I am in the morning I just can’t work out how he does it!!!😂.  If things continue and we do go up, whoever decided Adkins was for us either has a crystal ball, is really lucky and should put a bet on( obviously bet responsibly!) or really knows there stuff and accept all the adulation for it. To me he fits Charlton like a glove. I’m back to not being able to wait for the next game again. Thankyou TS.
    He certainly was the same at Southampton. He’s just a genuinely positive person. He’s probably just at the wrong club now though!
    No , he’s absolutely at the right club. It’s just what we needed. It’s about time we as a fan base stopped taking the negative from positives, hard for some as all they seem to want to do is complain and find problems that don’t exist. Hopefully all the doom and gloom is behind us.👍
    What I said was very much tongue in cheek. I totally agree that he is exactly what we need.