Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2022 World Cup qualifiers thread

Comments

• Options
    supaclive said:
    Phillips IS so poor at this level

Has he passed forward yet? Absolutely zero drive. Terrible selection.
    Problem is this is how Southgate wants us to play. 

In his mind this is probably a masterclass from Phillips.
  • Options
    Some of the best talent in the world in this team, does it show? 
  • Options
    Great goal Kane, really well worked that
  • Options
    Great finish! 
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Phillips IS so poor at this level

Has he passed forward yet? Absolutely zero drive. Terrible selection.
    Once.  I have been counting!
  • Options
    Finally, a bit of quality and we get a goal. Hopefully means they will have to come forward a bit more and not just sit 10 men behind the ball 
  • Options
    Kane does a Chuks 
  • Options
    Kane taking a note out of Anekes book on how to hit the bar from within the 6 yard box there
  • Options
    Don't really like how wide they're pushing Foden out right, takes him out of the game too much for me. 
  • Options
    We will probably win this quite comfortably but is it just me or is this like watch us with pratley and Watson in midfield
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spain losing to the mighty Georgia
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Spain losing to the mighty Georgia
    They need to start playing with two defensive midfielders, might help them get a result. :-)
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    I am watching this Albania V England game and keep drifting into thinking it Albania v Charlton, 
    Totally. Tapping it around at the back, whenever a player looks up, no one running into space, whenever someone runs into space the players don’t look up...
  • Options
    France comparison doesn’t hold up.

If our DMs were Pogba and N’dombele I wouldn’t complain.

if they were Rice and Bellingham I wouldn’t complain. 

The reality is we’re playing 2 defensively minded DMs in a game where we are dominating the ball.

It’s negative football.
  • Options
    Magneto on for Albania
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    France comparison doesn’t hold up.

If our DMs were Pogba and N’dombele I wouldn’t complain.

if they were Rice and Bellingham I wouldn’t complain. 

The reality is we’re playing 2 defensively minded DMs in a game where we are dominating the ball.

It’s negative football.
    Exactly!!!
  • Options
    Much better second half. Pressing higher up and being more forward thinking. Good finish from Mount.
  • Options
    Much better second half. Pressing higher up and being more forward thinking. Good finish from Mount.
    2-0 up.  Time for Bellingham.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good finish from Mount, just turned on and would have made for a more interesting game if it was 1-0 though
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I think the problem with the 'two defensive midfielders' is that neither of them are particularly mobile and neither of them are capable of making decent passes longer than 5 yards. 

This leads to a very negative way of playing, we don't have anyone capable of driving the ball forwards from deep and no-one capable of playing those diagonal balls into space that open a game up. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Rice being underestimated yet again. He reads the game extremely well (watch how many times he steps forward to intercept) and he can actually pick a pass. Has to start in CM for me.

Phillips offers nothing.
  • Options
    I think the problem with the 'two defensive midfielders' is that neither of them are particularly mobile and neither of them are capable of making decent passes longer than 5 yards. 

This leads to a very negative way of playing, we don't have anyone capable of driving the ball forwards from deep and no-one capable of playing those diagonal balls into space that open a game up. 
    Bellingham, Henderson, Mount, Grealish, Foden all could from central midfield.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I'm fairly certain the cm pairing at the euros will be rice and Henderson if both are fit
  • Options
    Good finish from Mount, just turned on and would have made for a more interesting game if it was 1-0 though
    Yeah, I always think that when Charlton go two up...  :#
  • Options
    How is that a booking for Kane? 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    We’re winning 2-0 very comfortably, without too much threat from the opposition.

Is it thrilling? No, but then again I don’t think it’s realistic to be when you’re up against teams who park the bus.

Some people will still be complaining no matter how many goals we were to win by. 
    "This is going to be a very boring 2-0 win. 

We'll ignore how average and boring we look, then act shocked as we get knocked out early in a major tournament. 

It's the same cycle England go on every single tournament other than 2018."

Literally called it ten minutes in. 
  • Options
    Rice being underestimated yet again. He reads the game extremely well (watch how many times he steps forward to intercept) and he can actually pick a pass. Has to start in CM for me.

Phillips offers nothing.
    Rice is a good option in there. We’ve definitely not seen his best yet either.

The other has to be Mount. Can’t believe I’m saying it but wouldn’t hate JWP in there purely for the set pieces. Can make all the difference in tight games.