Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2022 World Cup qualifiers thread

Comments

• Options
    Cayman Islands v Canada is on @ 11pm for anyone who cant sleep and want to see how Liam Millar does...

https://www.squawka.com/en/cayman-islands-vs-canada-live-stream-watch-online-world-cup-qualifiers-predictions/
    Not watching myself but its already 5-0 to Canada after just 32-mins - Millar has started the game and almost scored the fifth himself
    Considering he's an attacking player, he'd be disappointed to not yet be on the score sheet when the team has scored 5 goals!
  • Options
    Must be nice having the luxury of playing in front of Alphonso Davies on that left hand side!
  • Options
    6-0 at HT

Canada obviously aren't a major football country, but looking at the other countries in their group (Canada's population is 38m), the opposition are

Suriname - population of 576,000
    Bermuda - 71,000
    Aruba - 116.000
    Cayman Islands - 66,000
  • Options
    Subbed in the 61st minute
  • Options
    11-0. Puts Bermuda’s result into perspective bearing in mind they were missing their best players. 
  • Options
    Could be worse... Could be Mongolia - I've heard that Genghis Khant believe it

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Fun fact for anyone needing a question for any Quizes they're doing; Mongolia actually scored the first goal in the entirety of the 2022 World Cup...

Here it is for anyone curious... You might want to turn the volume down (very excited commentator)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7jxZnSLsSQ&ab_channel=TheAFCHub

Norjmoogiin Tsedenbal (who is actually a Defender) the scorer for an even harder question...

the last bloke who started the chant GIVE ME AN "N" must have been thrown out
  • Options
    Luxembourg beating Portugal
  • Options
    Luxembourg 1 0 up against Portugal 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are there many other national teams who change the colour of their kit.like Portugal?

It's not a huge change but they go from red to purpley & back again, I can't think of any others.
  • Options
    Oh dear Ronaldo!!... Fails to score in a one v one against Luxembourg
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Wales 1-0 Czech Republic, both sides currently down to ten men
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Ronaldo moves to 103 international goals and has now scored an international goal for 18 straight years.

Slightly less impressive is this stat: 10 of his last 14 international goals have come against Lithuania and Luxembourg.

People go on about Messi not performing as well for Argentina but if they had to play minnows like the ones we get in European qualifying i'm sure he'd have a lot more goals. 
  • Options
    I watched the game. Jonny Williams came on on 78mins and in that short time made several incisive passes, one of which almost led to a goal. Wales were good value for their win, although if Schick hadn't been a silly boy it might have turned out differently.
  • Options
    I watched the game. Jonny Williams came on on 78mins and in that short time made several incisive passes, one of which almost led to a goal. Wales were good value for their win, although if Schick hadn't been a silly boy it might have turned out differently.
    Williams is the type of player i think would've done well under Adkins.

Positive chats, arm round the shoulder and i think he'd have thrived. Instead he got a few subs appearances, slagged off and then sold.
    We've definitely missed the quality he provided when on song. 

He might be an idiot, but it would have been interesting to see Maddison under Adkins. If anyone could get his head straight it might be Adkins
  • Options
    Ronaldo moves to 103 international goals and has now scored an international goal for 18 straight years.

Slightly less impressive is this stat: 10 of his last 14 international goals have come against Lithuania and Luxembourg.

People go on about Messi not performing as well for Argentina but if they had to play minnows like the ones we get in European qualifying i'm sure he'd have a lot more goals. 
    Ronaldo has a European Championship sitting on his mantle though. 
  • Options

Ah yes... Just the one win in ninety minutes that tournament

Had that been a standard Euros they wouldnt have qualified from what wasnt a difficult group
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021

Had that been a standard Euros they wouldnt have qualified from what wasnt a difficult group
    Tell that to his trophy. 

3 goals and 3 assists through the tournament.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Tell that to his trophy. 

Bit hard for Messi to win the Euros though. 
    Hasn't won the Copa America though. Which if you look at the teams involved is actually easier to win than the Euros. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Tell that to his trophy. 

Bit hard for Messi to win the Euros though. 
    Hasn't won the Copa America though. Which if you look at the teams involved is actually easier to win than the Euros. 
    Very fair. 
  • Options
    I actually watched the Mongolia v Japan highlights on youtube last night (how bored can you get in lockdown?). The goals were all okay, but the weird thing was the highlights contained a couple of centre pitch challenges that resulted in throw ins, and shots that went nowhere. With a 14-0 scoreline, I didn't expect to be treated to seeing how Mongolia won a throw in in their own half after 7 minutes with  the score at 0-0.
  • Options
    The Cayman Islands. The Cayman Islands ffs.
    Call me a reactionary old fogey, but really, what has the competition come to?
    Do they play at the Robinson Crusoe Stadium?
    Is there a sponsors logo on their loincloths?
    Ridiculous!
  • Options
    I actually watched the Mongolia v Japan highlights on youtube last night (how bored can you get in lockdown?). The goals were all okay, but the weird thing was the highlights contained a couple of centre pitch challenges that resulted in throw ins, and shots that went nowhere. With a 14-0 scoreline, I didn't expect to be treated to seeing how Mongolia won a throw in in their own half after 7 minutes with  the score at 0-0.
    I don't think I've ever seen a side be so bad in front of goal and end up with 14 goals!
  • Options
    Phillips and Rice again zzzzzzzzz