Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2022 World Cup qualifiers thread

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2021
    supaclive said:
    What happens if someone gets injured during the tournament? 

There's a lack of flexibility in Southgate's thinking. We need to be able to adapt to the players we have available and not just waiting for them to return. 
    Yeah I can certainly understand that approach to the thinking on here
    Let's not forget Rashford and Grealish and maybe Sancho are fighting for places too.
    Yeah I forgot about Sancho when I mentioned my replacements for the 23-man squad and this current one

Be curious to see who he'd come in for... Saka maybe in Mings, Shaw and Chilwell we've enough players who can play down the left of defence 
  • Options
    Sterling very much winning a penalty from nothing there. 
  • Options
    Boom
  • Options
    Thought he went down a bit easily on first viewing

Definite contact though 
  • Options
    Our real strength is on the counter/ in transition. 

Don’t think we need to play possession football all the time.

That penalty literally came from losing the ball.
  • Options
    Strong cardigan game from Southgate. @Henry Irving will be impressed 
  • Options
    Gotta say I think this is showing why Pickford is important to this side. 

When we get pressed we need the keeper to be good with his feet. Pope is a fantastic shot stopper but doesn’t quite fit this style of football.
  • Options
    Also the reason Pope will not be getting a big money move. 
  • Options
    We look good 
  • Options
    We look good 
    High press. Foden and Mount are must starts in this system.

Not quite sure what Phillips is offering that’s different but he hadn’t been
    bad.

We’re not far off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rice does enough himself in covering the back 4 that Phillips is a wasted shirt
  • Options
    Rice having a very good game. So good at just tidying things up when Poland do manage to get into our half
  • Options
    Rice is one of the first on the sheet for me. Been a fan for ages.
  • Options
    Sterling has been very wasteful in possession 
  • Options
    Rice is one of the first on the sheet for me. Been a fan for ages.
    I wasnt when he came into the team, but has been outstanding for West Ham this season so fully deserves his place 
  • Options
    Honestly if Sterling’s decision making was slightly better he’d be unreal. Just slows it a little too much sometimes.
  • Options
    At the same time though, everything attacking goes through Sterling. 
  • Options
    Good performance. Rice is getting better all the time. He's Been excellent so far tonight 
  • Options
    At the same time though, everything attacking goes through Sterling. 
    Has it? Mount been linking up well. Kane’s shot come from a Foden layoff. 
  • Options
    That’s one of our best halves. Rice as close to perfect as you can get really. Just two problems:

This Poland side offer almost no test for our back 4

And once again we’re reliant on a set piece against an alright side.

But overall the 4231 is working.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Decent performance, Rice is cutting out nearly everything that goes near him at the moment

My only complaint is this feels the perfect test game for the Euros, playing a team that is happy to sit back when they dont have the ball and are inviting us to break them down - Feel we're playing in front of Poland a little bit too much.

All three of Croatia, Czech Republic, Scotland could play like this and if they're sensible and dont give away silly set pieces or penalties will be safe as houses with how we're playing at the moment - Would like to see us test their 'keeper a little bit more.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Honestly if Sterling’s decision making was slightly better he’d be unreal. Just slows it a little too much sometimes.
     Awful distribution. Same goes for the likes of Rashford. All the twists and turns, but do the simple things badly. 
    If I was Southgate I'd be begging Vardy to come back, because if we lose Kane, this side just won't score goals.
  • Options
    Germany losing at home to North Macedonia.
  • Options
    Again the issue with the side is that Phillips has nothing to do because we're controlling the game. 

Plenty of space for another attacking player but we hold back. 

Without the penalty really we've only created a few half chances. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    My god, have you ever been positive about England?

They’re defending deep in numbers. They are gonna be difficult to break down, yet we’ve looked decent and very comfortable.
  • Options
    Yeah fuck off roy you miserable fuck
  • Options
    My god, have you ever been positive about England?

They’re defending deep in numbers. They are gonna be difficult to break down, yet we’ve looked decent and very comfortable.
    Without the penalty (which was borderline), we'd be controlling the game but 0-0. 

I think we've looked good but need to be a bit better in the final third. An extra man there would help us. 
  • Options
    Poland coming out a bit more this half, higher pressure. Need to get a grip on this.
  • Options
    Poland look dire, is a shame Lewandowski can’t play imo, would make for a much better game