Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Rooney's Derby County - not any more (p41)

Comments

• Options
    Owed to HMRC ? Does that imply it doesn’t now ? 
  • Options

no. Could just as well say owing.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

no. Could just as well say owing.
    I see the total assets at £65 million but can’t see total liabilities.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    So in simple terms does that mean any new owner has to pay 54.3m to take over and get them out of admin?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    So in simple terms does that means they have to pay 54.3m to come out of admin?
    Or face liquidation and expulsion from the league, surely
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    So in simple terms does that mean any new owner has to pay 54.3m to take over and get them out of admin?
    Probably about 46m would be the level of debt to deal with (regarding msd, transfers, tax) as tax man will take 2/3 apparently 
  • Options
    46m for a league one club that doesn't own its ground. Bargain!

Maybe Roly's alleged 50m price for us wasn't that far off the mark after all.........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If intangible assets and academy figures are deemed reasonable by a buyer then it looks potentially sellable 
  • Options
    Does Wayne Rooney get thrown in?
  • Options

If intangible assets and academy figures are deemed reasonable by a buyer then it looks potentially sellable 
    This is only what's owned by Derby County Football Club Ltd (or what ever its actually called) apparently there are six linked companies, all in administration so the debt is actually higher than these numbers show. 
  • Options
    I do fear for Derby, can't see anyone taking over with good intentions 
  • Options
    The hmrc is paye/nic but figures don't seem to stack up against payroll/wages.

Player valuation of existing only 18m.

Whats the 20m  relating to Derby academy 
  • Options
    If no one buys before January then players will be sold to pay creditors. Youth team highly vulnerable to sale as they will still need a team to play games after the best sold.
    Jack Stretton could be a bargain, but unfortunately not to us.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Redrobo said:
    If no one buys before January then players will be sold to pay creditors. Youth team highly vulnerable to sale as they will still need a team to play games after the best sold.
    An unfortunate and slightly distasteful side effect of a club being in such trouble is that everyone else turns into vultures, looking for tasty tidbits to pick off.
    I wouldn’t, for a second, suggest that Charlton shouldn’t try to pick up a bargain, as that would just mean every other club gets the jump on us. But it does sadden me a little.

I say all this, by the way, while watching Derby v Bournemouth, wondering which of their players we might be able to sign. 🙄
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    An unfortunate and slightly distasteful side effect of a club being in such trouble is that everyone else turns into vultures, looking for tasty tidbits to pick off.
    I wouldn’t, for a second, suggest that Charlton shouldn’t try to pick up a bargain, as that would just mean every other club gets the jump on us. But it does sadden me a little.

I say all this, by the way, while watching Derby v Bournemouth, wondering which of their players we might be able to sign. 🙄
    From my perspective they bought these players knowing full well that they could not afford them. My sympathies lie with the creditors. Must be galling to be owed money and see them still paying out large amounts of money knowing you will probably end up with nothing.
    As for the youth squad players leaving for next to nothing, they will know how we feel.
  • Options
    A few more results like today and they might not be doomed just yet.

15 points from safety now. It's certainly not impossible.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    hope they crash and burn, entitled parasites 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A few more results like today and they might not be doomed just yet.

15 points from safety now. It's certainly not impossible.
    I dunno. I think their squad may well be decimated in January.
  • Options
    Works out at £150k per week. I suspect fat Wayne's wages are a good lump of that.
  • Options
    "From 22 September to 15 November the club built £2.032m in income but spent £3.278m, including £2.136m on wages"

If he's still on the reported 90k a week then Rooney took home a third of that wage bill by himself.
  • Options
    "The administrators had previously stated they needed to take further loans out to allow the club to fulfil their fixtures."

What bank would loan the money to a company in administration? I could never understand this!
  • Options
    I'd imagine Rooney's wages, plus the wages of about half a dozen players, would easily bridge that gap. 

Their problem will lie in actually being able to shift them on
  • Options
    "The administrators had previously stated they needed to take further loans out to allow the club to fulfil their fixtures."

What bank would loan the money to a company in administration? I could never understand this!
    A bank wouldn’t, but there are lots of alternative lenders out there, but would charge a penal rate of interest - that said, you would need big balls to lend them more money !!
  • Options
    Aren't Rooney's wages being paid directly by a betting company?
  • Options

A bank wouldn’t, but there are lots of alternative lenders out there, but would charge a penal rate of interest - that said, you would need big balls to lend them more money !!
    But what collateral do they have if they default.  Sorry, we went bust, you are not going to get your money, or here's Wayne Rooney, he'll do a PA for you??? You must be mad to do that with your money...