Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Rooney's Derby County - not any more (p41)

Comments

• Options
    The media don’t seem to attach the WR handle so much lately, seeing as they are pants and going down.
  • Options
    I'm not in favour of such a large deduction, seeing that the 12 points deduction will probably relegate them anyway

UNLESS some of it gets carried forward to next season, as otherwise they will just give up this season, knowing they can start afresh next season
  • Options
    I'm not in favour of such a large deduction, seeing that the 12 points deduction will probably relegate them anyway

UNLESS some of it gets carried forward to next season, as otherwise they will just give up this season, knowing they can start afresh next season
    Players dont just give up. Most professional footballers go out to win. 

And the 21 point deduction is in the rules. 
  • Options

I'm not so sure, with the 12 point deduction they were 9 points from safety and could've potentially made that up given that they don't concede many and are tough to beat (only lost 5 which is the same as 3 of the play off placed teams). 

The extra deduction pretty much condemns them.

They can't really start afresh next season until they find an owner as they don't have any money and i'm sure i read they'll be hit with another transfer ban if they don't settle old transfer debts. Arsenal were one club who agreed to defer a payment (for Bielik) but without an owner they won't be able to pay it next summer either.
  • Options
    If Mel Morris currently owns the stadium I don’t really see how Derby Co football club going out of business is of any use to him. He’s left with a white elephant asset in a part of town where it probably isn’t worth that much for redevelopment when taking into consideration the demolition costs etc. I would imagine there are still plenty of brown field sites much cheaper to develop. Assuming Morris wants something out of ownership of the stadium he’d be better off either gifting it to the football club or selling it dirt cheap. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    If Mel Morris currently owns the stadium I don’t really see how Derby Co football club going out of business is of any use to him. He’s left with a white elephant asset in a part of town where it probably isn’t worth that much for redevelopment when taking into consideration the demolition costs etc. I would imagine there are still plenty of brown field sites much cheaper to develop. Assuming Morris wants something out of ownership of the stadium he’d be better off either gifting it to the football club or selling it dirt cheap. Am I missing something?
    Isn't the stadium mortgaged up to the eye balls to an American finance company? 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    It would be wrong IMO if Derby escaped the relegation they richly deserve, but it would not be right for the fans for punishment to continue into another season. 

The EFL need to introduce automatic relegation into their rules for financial cheating as this messing about with point deduction affects other clubs unfairly and still leaves the hope of getting away with it to these owners. Giving the stark reality to these owners of the consequences may actually help. Interesting that the administrators think that certainty will help them sell the Club.
    Not so much for Derby's situation, but it's also unfair if a club goes into admin, and takes the 12 point and relegation this season, knowing it can blitz the division below the next season, with all its non football debts written off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    It would be wrong IMO if Derby escaped the relegation they richly deserve, but it would not be right for the fans for punishment to continue into another season. 

The EFL need to introduce automatic relegation into their rules for financial cheating as this messing about with point deduction affects other clubs unfairly and still leaves the hope of getting away with it to these owners. Giving the stark reality to these owners of the consequences may actually help. Interesting that the administrators think that certainty will help them sell the Club.
    Not so much for Derby's situation, but it's also unfair if a club goes into admin, and takes the 12 point and relegation this season, knowing it can blitz the division below the next season, with all its non football debts written off
    I don't think you'd have this opinion if you didn't support a club who'll likely be looking to get promoted out of League One next season. 

That said, in the event, I agree entirely, lol
  • Options
    He can still rent it to the new owners ala Roland or sell it to them if they are willing to pay his price.

Cafc43v3r said:
    Isn't the stadium mortgaged up to the eye balls to an American finance company? 
    So it seems so even less reason for him to give it away.

But remember how SOME Derby fans praised MM for running rings round the EFL FFP rules.
  • Options
    Southall getting his supa dupa phone out as we speak…
  • Options
    Out of his arse hopefully?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    I wonder what his ring tone is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I believe in karma.....:-)
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    iaitch said:
    Ring of fire?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    iaitch said:
    Jessie J, Price tag
  • Options
    Status Quo Down Down
  • Options
    On the subject of WR himself I would assume it must be costing an arm and a leg to employ him .Purely for cost savings I would assume his days must be numbered. Apologise in advance if I have missed something 
  • Options
    I read the other day there is some American billionaire interested in taking them over, so there might be some hope for Derby fans after all.
  • Options
    I read the other day there is some American billionaire interested in taking them over, so there might be some hope for Derby fans after all.
    “Duurrby” 🇺🇸
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    On the subject of WR himself I would assume it must be costing an arm and a leg to employ him .Purely for cost savings I would assume his days must be numbered. Apologise in advance if I have missed something 
    Depends if they're even able to pay his wages.

If they then get rid of them, they're definitely going to have to pay compensation

Between a rock and a hard place if he doesn't just resign.