Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Rooney's Derby County - not any more (p41)

Comments

• Options
    Imagine if Charlton stayed up following a 20 point deduction.

It would feel like we'd won a playoff final. 

• Options

Derby County: Administrators say name of preferred bidder will be confirmed 'shortly'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60586387
  • Options
    clive said:

Derby County: Administrators say name of preferred bidder will be confirmed 'shortly'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60586387
    Time for Matthew Southall to step into the limelight again....?
  • Options
    If it's Southall then they will name him after they manage to stop laughing.
  • Options
    "Administrators Quantuma have said that the preferred bidder for Derby County is Quantuma. A spokesperson for Quantuma said "We have had a good experience in running Wayne Rooney's Derby County for the last seven months, and see no reason why we shouldn't continue to run them for the foreseeable future. We hope that the EFL agree that that's OK with them?" The EFL are yet to respond but are likely to look favourably on this decision, and just tell them they have been "very naughty boys and not to do it again or we'll threaten to take some points off you"."
  • Options
    i alway find points deductions odd and admit this may well be my complete lack of knowledge of the finance world. Owner runs the club in an stupid manner and they go into administration. club get a points deduction. Who suffers for me its the new owner and the fans. How does this prevent the first owner running club into ground top begin with.

If Roland had run us into the ground and sent us into administration who would have suffered with a points deduction, certainly not Roland it would be us the fans and whoever our new owner would have been in those circumstances
  • Options
    i alway find points deductions odd and admit this may well be my complete lack of knowledge of the finance world. Owner runs the club in an stupid manner and they go into administration. club get a points deduction. Who suffers for me its the new owner and the fans. How does this prevent the first owner running club into ground top begin with.

If Roland had run us into the ground and sent us into administration who would have suffered with a points deduction, certainly not Roland it would be us the fans and whoever our new owner would have been in those circumstances
    It is not about finance, it is about cheating.
  • Options

Derby County's administrators Quantuma have provided a forecast showing the Championship club have "sufficient cash" to get to the end of the season, the English Football League has said.

Quantuma had been given an extended deadline of the start of March to show proof of funding for the Rams.

On Wednesday the EFL warned a "lack of progress" was "threatening the very future" of the club.

Despite the news, the EFL said there remain a "number of challenges".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60600805

• Options
    Why do I sense that a "forecast" is not the same as having cash in the bank that will see a club through until the end of the season. 

Its a bit like Nimer's bank statement & source of funds 😄
  • Options
    Moreover, it is the function of a forecast to turn out to be wrong
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And it is NOW that the EFL should say that if at any point you do not pay players or staff their wages before the end of the season you will get a 12 point deduction that will apply this season, or next if you get relegated.
    I am sure they will appreciate knowing exactly where they stand.
  • Options
    Wayne has done a great job at that cheating club! 
    Just like he’s done on those back streets of Liverpool x 
  • Options

One of the long-term interested parties to buy Derby County say the Championship club's administrators have ended discussions with them after deciding their latest £30m offer was too low.

The Binnie family submitted their latest offer on Monday in the belief there were no other bids on the table.

The figure was to include the purchase of the club and Pride Park stadium, currently owned by Mel Morris.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60695605

• Options
    "It is thought Quantuma are still looking for around £50m, which includes £20m for the stadium."

I thought their debts alone were in the region of 60m so how does 50m get the club and the stadium?
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Lost again to Cardiff this evening. Relegation now looks odds on. 
    I wouldn't underestimate just how bad Reading are, they're only 5 points ahead of Derby and play Forest, Bournemouth and Blackburn in their next 3 games.
  • Options
    "It is thought Quantuma are still looking for around £50m, which includes £20m for the stadium."

I thought their debts alone were in the region of 60m so how does 50m get the club and the stadium?
    £20m for the stadium ? That's a bargain for somebody, didn't Morris "pay" 60m to buy it
  • Options

When you pay 10p in the £ on the debt.
  • Options

When you pay 10p in the £ on the debt.
    £50m for a soon to be League 1 club - that’s Roland territory. 

Seriously, they can’t believe anyone would pay that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Huge win for Reading today v Blackburn.

Means Derby are now 8 points from safety having played 1 game more than Reading.
    So who is going to buy a League 1 team for £50m? Unless the administrators and Morris start looking at reasonable bids, they will go out of business. 
  • Options
    How is this saga still ongoing? Did the administrators get another extension?
  • Options
    Administrators provided proof (no idea how) that they could fund the club to the end of the season so EFL allowed them to carry on until summer.

My guess is that buyers are now waiting to see what division they are in and if the price drops accordingly as a result

Whether the EFL let them start next season in admin is anyone's guess.

• Options
    Administrators provided proof (no idea how) that they could fund the club to the end of the season so EFL allowed them to carry on until summer.

My guess is that buyers are now waiting to see what division they are in and if the price drops accordingly as a result

If they haven't agreed a deal prior to July they should have another 12 point deduction.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

If they haven't agreed a deal prior to July they should have another 12 point deduction.
    Alternatively if they do agree a deal but it's less than 25p in the pound for creditors then i think they can be deducted another 15 points.
  • Options
    Slipped to the bottom of the league today, good riddance.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Shouldn't even exist anymore if the EFL had any balls, how they have managed to weasel their way to the end of the season is beyond me. If I was in charge of the EFL they'd have been expelled and be starting again in the 9th tier
  • Options
    They now seem destined for L1. I simply don't understand how they survive, isn't it something like £50M of football debts which need paying in full for them to survive?  I thought you could not pay pence in pound on them and still keep your golden ticket.  If true and without stadium/training ground they are screwed surely.  Would be sad for their fans. Derby are a decent club with a great history and the UK does not want to lose a club like that (or any frankly).  Their fan base would seem them race back up through the leagues sure enough though.

If they are purchased and survive without further points penalties then they are huge competition in L1 next season.

• Options
    They now seem destined for L1. I simply don't understand how they survive, isn't it something like £50M of football debts which need paying in full for them to survive?  I thought you could not pay pence in pound on them and still keep your golden ticket.  If true and without stadium/training ground they are screwed surely.  Would be sad for their fans. Derby are a decent club with a great history and the UK does not want to lose a club like that (or any frankly).  Their fan base would seem them race back up through the leagues sure enough though.

If they are purchased and survive without further points penalties then they are huge competition in L1 next season.

They would be nothing special in league 1. Sunderland and sheff wed have far bigger fan bases than Derby. Charlton, Ipswich and Pompey have fan bases that should give them an edge yet it’s likely all 5 of those clubs will still be in league 1 next season. 
  • Options
    To start in League 1 without a points penalty, they have to pay football creditors and HMRC in full, and everyone else 25p in the pound. If they get a points penalty, it's hard to see them going straight back up, so they'd be looking at 2 seasons at least before getting back to the Championship. If anyone's going to pay the football creditors and HMRC, the extra money to pay 25% of the rest won't be a big deal, so I'm not sure that staying in the league with a points penalty is a very likely outcome. The big challenge is who's going to pay tens of millions for a club that doesn't own its own ground and is spending at least a season in League 1. I know we found someone willing to do that, but we were incredibly lucky.

If they can't pay HMRC then I think the debts they owe to them are too big a proportion of the total for any deal to get accepted, since HMRC tend to vote against any deal that doesn't pay them in full, in order to discourage other businesses from thinking they can treat tax money as a loan. What's uncertain is how far below the league they'd have to re-start if it all falls to bits. Other clubs in that situation have re-started 5 levels below League 2, but Derby are a bigger club than the others that have gone under while EFL members and the FA are allowed under the rules to place them higher than that. There are no real precedents as most of the bankruptcies among EFL clubs have happened after the club was already relegated to the National League.

But yes, if they're placed 5 steps below the league, playing clubs the size of Erith & Belvedere, they're going to walk through the divisions for several years until promotion starts getting remotely challenging. Even just funded by a Supporters Trust with no wealthy backer, they could afford a squad that would challenge in the National League just on their gate money.