Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Rooney's Derby County - not any more (p41)

Comments

• Options

Derby County's administrators have been given an extra month to provide proof of how the Championship club will be funded for the rest of the season.

The English Football League originally asked administrators Quantuma to provide details by 1 February.

But that date has now been pushed back until the beginning of March to allow further talks with potential buyers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60146360

• Options
    Neville either doesn't know about or chooses to skirt over the bits where Derby withheld their accounts submissions. They tried to cheat the system over and over. The irony too of someone like Neville who has made millions, both as a player and a pundit, from the Premier League and its coverage. The Premier League is the crux of the problem. The rampant overspending  to get there and the insane wages which have trickled down the pyramid are destroying these clubs. Add to that the fact that most Premier League chairmans wouldn't bat an eyelid  if the Derby folded. Start with Man Utd Gaz and stop telling them to pay someone like Pogba £300k a week. That might start helping football a bit more.
    Who is at fault, United who can afford it paying Pogba what ever they like or club x who can't afford it paying player y?

We would feel exactly the same as Derby fans if roles were reversed.  I bet if you were on Derby Life when they just missed out on a promotion it would have been full of posts like "if we just invested that little bit more."

At the very minimum there needs to be a separation between what the owner is accountable for and what "the club" is.  Morris is no more Derby than Southall was Charlton. 
  • Options
    They'll ask for another delay and get it until the end of the season, and they'll find a buyer then, whilst appealing their relegation to League 1
  • Options
    And winning their appeal?
  • Options
    Interesting if true.  Maybe i am doing him an injustice and he is showing a bit of patience in his development and loyalty but I wonder if it would be the same if he wasn't on such a large salary. Or is he holding out for a bigger club?!
  • Options

He made the right decision here. For many different reasons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting if true.  Maybe i am doing him an injustice and he is showing a bit of patience in his development and loyalty but I wonder if it would be the same if he wasn't on such a large salary. Or is he holding out for a bigger club?!
    I think he's made the right decision, as he's doing an excellent job at Derby in terms of managing the players he's got.

Keep them up, it'll make him managerial hot property in the summer. If he fails to do it, then he'll still get plaudits for even giving Derby a chance and for his "loyalty" to the club (the other stuff will be forgotten)

• Options
    Per quote above: "I believe I will be a PL manager and am ready for that 100%."

Not included in quote (but probably in Rooney's head): "... and I want to be a PL manager for more than three months which would be the case with this shocking, relegation-bound Everton side."

• Options
    I wouldn't be that surprised if Derby scrape away from the relegation zone this season .. pity cos if they get relegated  I always enjoy a trip to Pride Park .. that is of  course if it's not demolished to pay debts and is replaced by an Amazon warehouse and a few 'apartment blocks'
  • Options
    We went down with 48 points, over a point a game

This season, helped by points deductions, 5 teams are below that ratio
  • Options
    In football he’s a very decent guy. 
    Great player obviously also and loaded doesn’t need the Everton / Man U job too soon . 
  • Options
    Derby £60m in debt!!!
    £30m of that is to Revenue and Customs.

Plus ‘other debts’.
    I can’t see an offer of £26m being enough. I would be an angry taxpayer if I end up subsidising Derby to the tune of £20m. This is money that was deducted from employees FFS.

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Derby £60m in debt!!!

Plus ‘other debts’.
    I can’t see an offer of £26m being enough. I would be an angry taxpayer if I end up subsidising Derby to the tune of £20m. This is money that was deducted from employees FFS.

How do you feel about your shares in Bolton? 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Derby £60m in debt!!!

Plus ‘other debts’.

How do you feel about your shares in Bolton? 
    Very similar to my shares of West Ham.
    As they did not own the stadium it appears to me that they were trading in full knowledge that they could not pay their debts and were therefore trading illegally. Someone should be going to prison.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Fair play to Derby!! - What a last minute equaliser, they aint giving up

BLIMEY IT WAS BIELIK!!!

He's potentially injured his shoulder in the process after just coming back from injury

Absolutely stunning goal, alhough the Birmingham player is lucky to still have a head
  • Options
    32,000+ at the game today.. ok it was a local derby but shows that the Derby fans are still right behind the club
  • Options
    32,000+ at the game today.. ok it was a local derby but shows that the Derby fans are still right behind the club
    First match they've sold out this season. 
  • Options
    Fair play to Derby!! - What a last minute equaliser, they aint giving up

BLIMEY IT WAS BIELIK!!!

He's potentially injured his shoulder in the process after just coming back from injury

Absolutely stunning goal, alhough the Birmingham player is lucky to still have a head
    Offside and dangerous play. Should have had a pen though and would have been a red.

Pity, I want Derby relegated in the name of justice.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    it should have been offside and dangerous play. Never mind. It is Derby and the guy they can't pay Arsenal for scores for them to get a point that will help them stay up
  • Options
    All there to see Lyle Taylor  ;)
  • Options
    Still showing fight and Hull, Peterborough and Barnsley are 3 of their next 4 home games. Definitely isn't over for them yet, 7 point gap to Reading who are in free-fall, 5 straight defeats and 19 goals conceded.
  • Options
    Is it even fair Bielik is playing if they haven't actually paid for him?
  • Options

Derby County: Potential buyer fears club is heading for liquidation

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60243825
  • Options
    As Revenue and Customs are preferential creditors for the PAYE and NIC debt of £30m, surely the offer of £26m does not even touch the sides.
    I think the public deserves to know how much of their money is being thrown away.